It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S Troop saves life of terrorist who tried to kill him! (+Video)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 06:19 PM
link   
This shows what great and awesome troops we have! God bless them!

While standing by his hummer a U.S. troop was hit in the chest with sniper fire. Later he tracked down the injured sniper and gave him medical aid.

Link + Video

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Yeah, i just saw this today. I was about to post it as well. Goes to show the real and true side of our armed forces.

Support the troops! God bless them and God bless the USA!!!

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 08:38 AM
link   
What are you talking about?! All I saw was the man getting shot and then taking cover behind his vehicle. That movie was made in Windows movie maker! You'd think the US army would have more editing technology, then again i dont know who edited the tape. It wasn't on the tape so can you blame me for being skeptical.

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Seems like a pretty straight forward site that it came from, not the sort of thing you'd expect anyone to make up. With regards to the video it was obviously recorded by enemy, and even if it was just edited by our military with 'Movie Maker' it's just warzone footage, not a feature film! It's more than good enough for this sort of thing.

Very good of the soldier though, better reaction than most people would have.

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Oh yes, I definatly agree, a very decent soldier and obiviously a great man and human being. If its true that is. Im not saying its not, Im starting to lean in the favour it is my self, but you always have that precentage of uncertainty in your mind and i still have doubts.

[edit on 16-7-2005 by PeteTPP]

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 08:59 AM
link   
That guy is lucky to be alive! Should have smoked that terrorist instead of saving him!

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by TacOps Security
That guy is lucky to be alive! Should have smoked that terrorist instead of saving him!

You obviously aren't unable to differentiate between right and wrong, so your thought isn't and shouldn't be achknowledge beyond this post.

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Its ok TacOps, I understand where you`re coming from.

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I watched that video yesterday, pretty neat stuff.
From what i've heard, websites who are in support for the insurgency only show the part where he falls down. Leaving the viewing to believeing he's dead.

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Really quite impressive that the soldier was able to get up so quickly after the shot. I'm sure the bullet still packs a pretty good punch from looking at the video. Glad to see the vest does the job it is designed to so well.

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 11:17 AM
link   
you mean that troop he is one man.
if they really wanted to be heros they would go on strike and end this unjust war in iraq

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 11:20 AM
link   
This soldier lives 20 mins from me and havn't heard anything on the news about it. It is likely that I could have missed that segment of the news but this is the first that I've heard of it.

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Soldier survives attack; captures, medically treats sniper

Hmmm - the Video just Shows this Soldier getting Shot.

Where is the Capturing-Treating-the Terrorists Stuff?

...was knocked to the ground from the impact, but he popped right back up, took cover and located the enemy’s position.

Errr - Yep, he took cover and thats it.

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 11:37 AM
link   
If it's true, he did The Right Thing. Good for him. This is the reputation the American military used to have. One to be proud of! When anyone has a choice of Good or Evil and chooses Good, it's a sign of an extremely strong and respectable character, especially in such a stressful situation, being a soldier in war.

Originally posted by TacOps Security

I guess that's the difference between him and you.

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 12:14 PM
link   
the truth is that tacops is how most people from the us think.
the war in iraq was wrong did you read the downing street munites.
www.timesonline.co.uk...
it proved bush lied to go to war.

if they want to be heros they will all walk off the job go on strike and end the unjust war.

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
Soldier survives attack; captures, medically treats sniper

Hmmm - the Video just Shows this Soldier getting Shot.

Where is the Capturing-Treating-the Terrorists Stuff?

...was knocked to the ground from the impact, but he popped right back up, took cover and located the enemy’s position.

Errr - Yep, he took cover and thats it.

If i were the idiot filming this attack i wouldn't have filmed much longer knowing I just pissed off a U.S. soldier.

Hey INFOAGENT_X this is a thread about a story of real U.S. soldier HERO. Dont be saying he isn't just because he isn't dooing what you want.

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 05:40 PM
link   
A soldier doing his job is not classified 'heroic.' Treating wounded captured enemies happens to be a part of the job description.

Great propaganda value though!

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 04:10 PM
link   
possibly stupid to, is it just a shape or even just me but when he gets shot and takes cover im sure there is someone in the drivers seat, if so he is a perfect target for any sniper because what i can see looks like his helmet.

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 04:18 PM
link   
There is more to the video than what was shown. There were other troops around him that shot and wounded the two Iraqi's that shot him and video'd it.

The man's parents saw the video and heard that it was their son before he was able to tell them, and it scared the bejeebers out of them. Within a day or two of seeing the video, he called them to let him know that he was okay.

If I remember right, one of the two snipers was killed and the other wounded.

The soldier that got shot showed the bruise on his chest, and it was a sizable welt.

The military asked the shooter about it later and he couldn't believe that the soldier survived the hit from that close of a distance. He kept saying, Allah Akbar" (not sure of the spelling exactly, I apologize) as he thought he had killed him.

JDub

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by INFOAGENT_X
you mean that troop he is one man.
if they really wanted to be heros they would go on strike and end this unjust war in iraq
yes, that would make them heroes

I love the spin you guys put on this...

-well, we dont know he really saved him, it wasnt in the video!

-he was just doing his JOB. this is propaganda! (like you would save the life of someone who just shot you
)

seriously guys, do you think the insurgent would continue filming while the US army is hunting you down a few yards away?

[edit on 21-4-2006 by Animalmother]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join