It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Body armor at work!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 03:13 PM
link   
www.donttouchmyride.com...

I bet this troop is glad he`s actually wearing the stuff!

www.theboxotruth.com...

and `testing` kevlar!

I must admit though - after the AR-15 shot in the second link - i personally woulnd`t like to be on the recieving end - yes the round got through but good grief look at the the mess the 7.62 from the AK did!

[edit on 15-7-2005 by Harlequin]

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Allah AKbaaaaaar!!! American soldier saved. Allaaaah Akbaaaar!!!. looks like it withstand the Dragunov sniper rifle round.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 03:31 PM
link   
hey, whats master chief doin in iraq?

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zickddot
hey, whats master chief doin in iraq?

not getting killed because his body armour works !

we really need to send more of this stuff out there - level II armour just won`t cut it.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Rule number onein Iraq: Always shoot the guy holding the camera!!!

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
Rule number onein Iraq: Always shoot the guy holding the camera!!!

they probably kill the camera man or capture him in a raid since it says in the beginning AIF which is the anit-Iraq forces and attacking Saber and Snake since insurgents dont actually know who they attacked and also it says CG briefing possibly to show how the insurgents work from their view.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 05:06 PM
link   
www.armytimes.com...

www.armytimes.com...

here it is, this shows they got those insurgents, clever using the mobile van as a snipin nest but stupid to stay and keep shooting after revealin yer position. this aint the jungle, wen u are a sniper in the street u better move or the soldiers will kill ya or capture, which is maybe even worse.

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 12:24 PM
link   
good find on the outcome!

glad to see they got them

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 01:35 PM
link   
WTF did they shoot the poor lad with.....a potato gun?.....An air rifle!

On a serious note though.....

Excellent stopping power of the vest he was wearing and excellent news that he later captured them!

Even better that he also treated them for their wounds, at least they can be sentenced accordingly now!

Mic

M6D

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 03:02 PM
link   
wow, thats impressive, it stopped a sniper round?!

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by M6D
wow, thats impressive, it stopped a sniper round?!

yep its probably the Russian 7.62x54mm which is more powerful than the Nato 7.62.x51. so this armor which is named the Interceptor, good name for it.

M6D

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 12:05 AM
link   
VERY good armour then, all we need now is helmest that do the same :p

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 10:02 AM
link   
After sawing this clip and those test pics....i am confused...

My point is, when u have been hit by the 7,62 bullet u are nailed on the ground. But u see this GI, his body almoust wont move back... His legs beckome weak and he falls down....strange

I have heard (and readed to), that when u have body armor on and u been hit, u will get so strong bounch, that u break some ribs! But this guy standed up, was little bit confused (i liked this part
) and ran to cover.

I think, this wasnt 7,62 mm bullet (u can see te pictures if u wont belive me)...i think it vas some 9mm bullet or stupid US soldier joke.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Panzerfaust
After sawing this clip and those test pics....i am confused...

My point is, when u have been hit by the 7,62 bullet u are nailed on the ground. But u see this GI, his body almoust wont move back... His legs beckome weak and he falls down....strange

I have heard (and readed to), that when u have body armor on and u been hit, u will get so strong bounch, that u break some ribs! But this guy standed up, was little bit confused (i liked this part
) and ran to cover.

I think, this wasnt 7,62 mm bullet (u can see te pictures if u wont belive me)...i think it vas some 9mm bullet or stupid US soldier joke.

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing...

Bodies do NOT fly back as in the movies (simple physics won't allow it), nor are you necessarliy "nailed to the ground" when shot. The Soldier took a massive punch to the chest, likely knocking the wind out of him. That he fell, is a natural reaction to blunt trauma, and massive adrenaline dump.

The SAPI plates cover such a large area, that the impact was spread out over nearly a square foot. The SAPI weighs about 10lbs, and is over 1/2" thick. The bullet must begin to move the SAPI first, before the impact is registered on the body. The SAPI's will easily defeat rifle ammunition BTW.

The only confusion I could see, is the Soldier wondering where the shot came from. That his rifle was up and scanning, told me he was not affected more than being winded after the impact.

The fact that he provided first aid to an enemy that just moments before tried to kill him....says volumes about US military personel.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Army

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing...

Bodies do NOT fly back as in the movies (simple physics won't allow it), nor are you necessarliy "nailed to the ground" when shot. The Soldier took a massive punch to the chest, likely knocking the wind out of him. That he fell, is a natural reaction to blunt trauma, and massive adrenaline dump.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, bodyes WONT fly back when bullet makes a ricochet or goes thru the body. And when u have been hit by the small caliber gun.

But when 7,62mm bullet with high velocity meets a body armor, then it will bunch you back!

7,62x54 mm bullet weighs abut 10g and flies about 828-750 m/s. So it cives to bullet very big kinetic energy -> to 100yrd = 1996 lbs (898 kg) (those numbers are for 7,62x51, the 7,62x54 is more powerfull)!

This makes alot kinetic energy to bunch u down. Look this, if u wont belive me
www-medlib.med.utah.edu...

And back to the clip. I looked it many times. And i still thinking, that bullet did not hit him 100% direct. And thats why he wall down so strangely...maybe bullet flew to close and he was just winded...

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 05:51 PM
link   

And back to the clip. I looked it many times. And i still thinking, that bullet did not hit him 100% direct. And thats why he wall down so strangely...maybe bullet flew to close and he was just winded...

a near miss bullet does not knock u down. it passes u by so fast u be like huh? he got hit in chest and his adrenaline helped him recover fast. thats wat the body armor is design to protect him. if no body armor he be touching the ground fast before he realize he's dead.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Bullets do not have the mass or MOMENTUM to push a body anywhere, regardless of kinetic energy. Even being hit by a 750gr .50 will not toss you backwards. The heaviest 7.62 Russian bullet used was the original 210gr. Current 7.62 Russian uses bullet weights from 142 to 187grs, depending on application.

Also, it doesn't matter how CLOSE the bullet gets, it must hit you to do damage. A close pass will do nothing but frighten you.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 07:42 PM
link   
People who get shot describe it as nothing more then a solid punch.

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 01:29 AM
link   

This makes alot kinetic energy to bunch u down. Look this, if u wont belive me
www-medlib.med.utah.edu...

Hahahahahaaaaaa! You didn't even read your own link! So, NO! I don't believe you!

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 09:01 PM
link   
that was not a army joke. they don't shoot at each other! as for what the insurgent was firing it was most likely a ak-47 or ak-74. no sniper would aim for the chest on that easy of a target.

<<   2 >>

join