It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

inuyasha and fullmetal alchemist!! help me!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 02:14 PM
link   
i have some questions about inuyasha and fullmetal alchemist.

Inuyasha:
Are Inuyasha and Sesshomaru(sp?) brothers or half-brothers?
Is Shippou a half-demon or full demon?

Fullmetal Alchemist:
What is Winnrey's relation to Ed and Al?
Is the whole alchemy thing something that any average person can do or is it a gift, of sorts? Like, is it a special power or just a science?

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I tried to watch those shows once on the Cartoon Networks [adult swim]. The plots were just too confusing for me. I think I'll just stick with Aqua Teen and Family Guy.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 06:34 PM
link   
lol. yeah, they get a bit complex, but once you get into it, they're really great.

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kitsunegari
i have some questions about inuyasha and fullmetal alchemist.

Inuyasha:
Are Inuyasha and Sesshomaru(sp?) brothers or half-brothers?
Is Shippou a half-demon or full demon?

Fullmetal Alchemist:
What is Winnrey's relation to Ed and Al?
Is the whole alchemy thing something that any average person can do or is it a gift, of sorts? Like, is it a special power or just a science?

Inuyasha:
Half-brothers, Inu-taisho (they're dad) had Sesshoumaru with some other full dog demon, and then he wound up doing the hanky panky with Inuyasha's mom after Sesshy's mom died.
Shippou is a full demon

FMA:
Friend, from what they say, many rumors Winnrey likes Ed but she never admits it
from the looks of it yes, it is a gift (I say that because not everyone in the show can do it)

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Reikuro, thanks for the help, man!!!!!

i think winnrey likes ed too, but i thought she was his cousin or something? is she family or friend?

and i ask about alchemy because they learned how to do it from a book, so i wasnt sure if just any old person who can understand the book could do alchemy, or what.

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Inuyasha- Half Brothers through the dad, and yes, Ship is a full demon, just a kid right now, not sure how long it takes for full demons to age since many seem to be really old, but are still youthful, like Shem, he was never bound by the tree, is suppose to be older then Inu, but he doesn't look a day over 22.

Alchemist- I think anyone who truly wants to learn it could, but you have to really want to learn it, not just go "Hey that looks like fun" but really want to. Also, it is like Inu and Kogome, won't admit it but like each other. Well, except Ed seems to obsessed with the Philosopher Stone to actually notice Win in a more then freinds way.

BTW, don't like Adult Swim that much anymore, I got every episode of Inuyasha and got to see/hear unedited of it, close to AS, but something about the original Japanese version blows AS out of the way.

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 10:22 AM
link   
the original Jap version, in japanese? i dont speak it if thats the case, but the origial's are almost always better. was that the only show you watched on AS?

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 11:10 AM
link   
You can't buy the whole series of Inu-Yasha in english yet; but you can get the subtitled unedited version of them, but you have to want to watch a sub-titled anime. Most anime fans don't mind; but I know a few who do. In fact the more hard-core of a fan they are of anime as a genre the more they hate the dubbed version. I prefer the dubbed, unless the voice-over artists voice bugs me, then I prefer the subtitled version. It's a little hard to find Inu-Yasha since it's licensed but for unlicensed anime you can download fan-subbed versions of anime at www.baka-updates.com but you need bit torrent to do it though. Once an anime gets licensed they yank it off there really quick.

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Baka? Idiot! Or stupid, or moron, although if they wanted to add to it it would have been Bakayaro.....

Anyways, I know some japanese, so don't really get bothered by sub titles. I watched Samurai Champloo, but then I got every episode, original Japanese.

But love ATHF!!! I got the first two Seasons in the DvD Box Set! Go Frylock, he is the best. Although, Master Shake is pretty good to.

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 09:27 PM
link   
sounds like we have opposite tastes, JtL. i really dont like ATHF or SC. lol. my fav's are the american manga's, inuyasha, FMA, and FLCL. that pretty much sums it up.

well, later friends.

--Kitsunegari

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 11:04 PM
link   
FlCl? Furi Kuri? Got every episode of that to...

And Cowboy Bebop, use to be on Adult Swim, and Rurouni Kenshin, along with the movies.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 04:28 PM
link   
umm, yeah i guess its Furi Kuri, ive never seen the real title, all the AS thing says is FLCL. its really interesting though. awesomely confusing, in fact i hardly understand a word of it, but highly entertaining.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kitsunegari
its really interesting though. awesomely confusing, in fact i hardly understand a word of it, but highly entertaining.

Thats what you gotta love about FLCL...I remember at fencing camp we used to talk about FLCL at lunch breaks...the only moment where you weren't allmost sweating yourself to death

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 05:13 PM
link   
lol, wow. fencing camp, that would be awesome. i'm in a sailing camp right now and since im in new orleans, there isnt a moment when you arent sweating yourself to death.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Well it seems this thread died. Everything I touch dies!

Anyway, I have definite answers to my questions now that I thought I'd share. Regarding FMA anyways. Inuyasha questions have been answered definitely.

FMA:
Winry is just a friend of Ed and Al, though they grew up together and are practically family. Then whether or not Winry likes Ed is a matter of opinion as there haven't been any solid confessions on that

And Alchemy is a science, one could learn it. Though it could be said that you need a particular gift to learn it, depending on how you look at it.
Alchemy is a real science, actually. Was practiced through the 18th century, I believe, until Chemistry replaced it. This site has a lot of good information on the real study of Alchemy, it anyone's interested.
I say that it could be viewed as requiring a gift because alchemical texts are, for the most part, encrypted. Quite hard to understand, unless you know what you're looking at.

--Kit.

top topics

join