It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All members... heads up -- Website Redesign

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Make sure the theme looks evil cause we are are evil

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 06:08 PM
link   
We are not evil. We fight evil

But make the theme evil anyway

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 06:18 PM
link   
My Avatar is evil so make something evil like in my Avatar cause evil looks cool

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Can't wait to be an FSME!
The best part about site changes is it's a good excuse for problems. "Why am I post banned?" "Doing work on the site, be patient.
"

You have no idea how how we're gonna be.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Your current avatar is my first clue, amory......if anything happens to my account, I'm going to assume it's you.......

Can't wait to see the new design.....if the new logos were any indication...

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ulshadow
Make sure the theme looks evil cause we are are evil

Sorry... we've gone past evil, surpassed interesting, flew by awesome, and are headed straight toward slick and polished.

Here's a sneak preview of the header, from which the rest of the site design will take inspiration.

There have been some slight tweaks since this, but all sites (including the main content site) will follow this design theme (with color tweaks).

The T-Shirt quality issue was primarily a function of our irregular-edged current logo. The new logo has smooth edges and a bold look. We should have some very cool and tight items.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Well, SkepticOverlord, I have to say I like the idea and the look of the new site. Hopefully, it'll be as easy and smooth as this one.

I'm assuming the re-design takes less of your servers bandwidth?

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I like it.

The buttons might look a little less plain with a gradient effect just like you've done with the background. Something like this:

[edit on 2005-7-15 by wecomeinpeace]

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I played with all kinds of subtle colors, fades, etc. in the buttons. In the end, clean white is what gave the most stiking combination with the logo and remaining site design attributes.

Less is more... or... sometimes restraint is the best design skill (after learning the hard way over and over).

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Less is more... or... sometimes restraint is the best design skill (after learning the hard way over and over).

True. Ok, just one more suggestion. I like what you did with the ATSNN tabs, how the active tab appears to merge with the page. Maybe you could do something similar with the tabs at the top of the new banner to enhance the tabbed page effect.

[edit on 2005-7-15 by wecomeinpeace]

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Woah! This really isn't going to be a minor change...VERY NICE!

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 09:59 PM
link   
sounds great. Im looking forward to it.

-Jared

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Keep up the hard work SO

Looking forward to seeing the site re-design.

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 08:46 AM
link   
That sounds great the changing.
Is it becauze ATS exists 10 years this year administrator?
I already look out to this big change.

yavis

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Oh No!

Change is bad, very bad!

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Doesn't look so good errr.... it's even less evil then the design we have now. me want evil!!!

And that ATS word on the left looks like 475 to me

[edit on 16-7-2005 by ulshadow]

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I think it looks great, as Skeptic said, he's going for a slick and polished look. That will definatley portray a slick and polished look.

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Respectfully suggest that consideration be given before any Moderator or Super Moderator can erase a members thread (Nygen was kind enough to deal with my initial concern, I respected the answer I received and just want the problem in your light.).
Dallas

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 10:43 PM
link   
that's some nice work there SO. Hope you intend on keepin those kde style buttons

I have a suggestion:

Let's pimp up ATS. Make the logo gold and jewel encrusted and everything in funky purple or gold

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Hiya Skeptic

Alot of things have changed around here over the last couple of years............place is looking good !

Work with all the work going on right now, is there likely to be any problems while the upgrade is going on ?

I only ask this as I've tried uploading a new avatar this one :

And it won't let me upload it ????????? (its not over sized and do have plenty of space in my uploads as well ???)

Forget that done it now

[edit on 17-7-2005 by blackwidow666]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join