It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Europe

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I have already set up a thread about Germany. This is a thread about whole Europe.

If you think Europe is bad, stupid, weak or worse than the US, then think again, because:
1) The economies of Germany, France and Italy combined are stronger than economy of any other country in the world.
2) Europe has the best railways in the world. Ever heard of TGV, InterCityExpress, EuroStar Italia or Thalys?
3) We Germans and the Italians produce the world's fastest cars.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by AtheiX
1) The economies of Germany, France and Italy combined are stronger than economy of any other country in the world.

Not true, the U.S. far outpaces it by any measure. The U.S. has a higher per capita GDP by far than any of these countries.

2) Europe has the best railways in the world. Ever heard of TGV, InterCityExpress, EuroStar Italia or Thalys?

Who cares? It's a liberal waste of money, no one uses them, they still drive cars in Europe.

Good for you! Meanwhile we all drive economical cars made in Japan.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I'm far from some uber pro-America zealot, but are these posts intended to do anything besides start an argument on personal perspective or national pride? What's the point? Do you feel as though you have to validate your beliefs to others in order for them to have worth?

With that said, I think that Japan should make me its emperor and together we will subject the rest of the world to our will.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77

Not true, the U.S. far outpaces it by any measure. The U.S. has a higher per capita GDP by far than any of these countries.
Not true. Economies of Germany, France and Italy combined are by far stronger than economy of any other country, including the US. And the per capita GDP in these Germany, France and Italy combined is also higher than in any other country in the world.

Who cares? It's a liberal waste of money, no one uses them, they still drive cars in Europe.

It's not true that no one uses them. In fact, a lot of people do.

I think that this thread should be closed. I shouldn't have started it.

[edit on 15-7-2005 by AtheiX]

[edit on 15-7-2005 by AtheiX]

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Not true. Economies of Germany, France and Italy combined are by far stronger than economy of any other country, including the US. And the per capita GDP in these Germany, France and Italy combined is also higher than in any other country in the world.

Well so long as we're combining the economy of countries who share the same continent. Canada and America combined have the largest economy.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Double post :bnghd:

[edit on 15-7-2005 by Vegemite]

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 04:08 PM
link   

How do you come to this conclusion?

Facts:

France:

GDP: $1.737 trillion
Per capita GDP: $28,700

Germany:

GDP: $2.362 trillion
Per capita: $28,700

Italy:

GDP: $1.609 trillion
Per capita: $27,700

Total of France, Germany and Italy:

GDP: $5.708 trillion
Per capita: between $27,700 and $28,700 (nearer the higher figure)

United States:
GDP: $11.75 trillion
Per capita: $40,100

So please tell me how those three European countries have better economies?

All figures 2004 estimates from CIA World Factbook

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Europe is the greatest place on earth.

Anyone who thinks otherwise is misunderestimated

Our penis extension (Italy) is bigger the USA's extension (Florida). So we are better

Ok, on a more serious note, there is a trend to call all of us different sovereign countries just "Europe" and usualy equal it with France.
I will not say what members on ATS do that....

Europe is not just France or Britain, Europe is many other countries, each with their own identity, history, culture, politics, presidents, sports, food, art...
so learn that first, then bash Europe specifically, as in "bulgarian food is not that tasty"

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by paperclip
Our penis extension (Italy) is bigger the USA's extension (Florida). So we are better

ROFLMAO!

I love Europe too, I've been there like 7 or 8 times and have great friends there.
But what he said about the relative economies was simply incorrect.

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Text We Germans and the Italians produce the world's fastest cars.

not true entirley mate.....Japan would take the record there for their 260 mph twin turbo supras they build.

and secondley nearly all formula 1 cars are built in the UK with the exception of Ferrari's.

if your talking about production cars then its the uk with the Maclaren and Jaguar with their Xj 220...first 200 mph supercar.....

Aston Martin will also build you a 200 mph+vehicle if you ask them nicley.

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Facts:

OK, right, but economies of Germany, France, Italy, Austria, Finland, Denmark, Sweden and Ireland combined are by far stronger than economy of any other country, including the US.

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Facts:

OK, right, but economies of Germany, France, Italy, Austria, Finland, Denmark, Sweden and Ireland combined are by far stronger than economy of any other country, including the US.

Pfft. You cant do that that goes against the rules. You might aswell combine the economies of USA, Canada, Mexico, Anguilla, Costa Rica, Haiti, Saint Barts, Antigua and Barbuda, Cuba, Honduras, Saint Eustatius, Aruba, Curaçao, Jamaica, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Bahamas, Dominica, Martinique, Saint Lucia, Barbados, Dominican Republic, Montserrat, Saint Martin, Belize, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Bonaire, Grenada, Panama, Trinidad and Tobago, British Virgin Islands, Guadeloupe, Puerto Rico, Turks and Caicos, Cayman Islands, Guatamala, Saba, US Virgin Islands and Greenland and bermuda.

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 04:16 PM
link   

If you think Europe is bad, stupid, weak or worse than the US, then think again, because:

That is COMPLETELY TRUE. This sounds more like a 'Rave' than a 'Rant'

Europe is awesome. North America (Canada, United States, Mexico) is has it's cool parts.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vegemite

Pfft. You cant do that that goes against the rules.

I can do that. All of those countries belonged to the EU. They are all unified in the EU. While USA has got loose ties with the countries you mentioned.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 09:13 AM
link   
What is the point of this argument people are never gonna have their minds changed.

Although I'd like to say America should ty to consider foreign policy better.

American politicans are really 2 faced towards Britain. ONe minute they agree wiht everything we say. Then we get off Iraq and the pee on us.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 09:26 AM
link   

The only problem is that's not true. On both a gross and per capita basis, the U.S. economy is bigger.

France:

GDP: $1.737 trillion
Per capita GDP: $28,700

Germany:

GDP: $2.362 trillion
Per capita: $28,700

Italy:

GDP: $1.609 trillion
Per capita: $27,700

Austria:

GDP: $255.9 billion
Per Capita: $31,300

Finland:

GDP: $151.2 billion
Per Capita: $29,000

Denmark:

GDP: $174.4 billion
Per Capita: $32,200

Sweden:

GDP: $255.4 billion
Per Capita: $28,400

Ireland:

GDP: $126.4 billion
Per Capita: $31,900

Total:

GDP: $6.6713 trillion

That's only barely more than half the U.S. GDP of $11.75 trillion!

None of these states are even close to the U.S. Per Capita GDP of $40,100...

Why do you continue to spread lies and propaganda???

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 01:46 PM
link   

None of these states are even close to the U.S. Per Capita GDP of $40,100...

UM not being picky or anything but theyre not claseed as states(correct me if im wrong) I always thought they were claseed as countries.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Wanna compare nations?

www.nationmaster.com...

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shenroon
UM not being picky or anything but theyre not claseed as states(correct me if im wrong) I always thought they were claseed as countries.

The term "states" is generally interchangable with "nations" and "countries" in world politics. There are very few federal countries that have components called states.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Someone please close this thread.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join