It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My true sighting of a UFO that hit the ocean...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 12:15 PM
link   
any of you that have read my comments on this site on others posts will know that i am usually more on the "skeptic" side when commenting on others posts as i find a lot of the time people post things on this site that can have a rational explaination.

That being said, here is my UFO encounter that i do not feel anyone would be able to explain rationally other then it being a UFO of some sort.

When i was about 7 or 8, i was sitting on some rocks on the shore of the jersey coast around 10pm or so. I was with my dad and little sister There was no one else out there, i think it was Beach Haven, which back then was pretty quite at night on the actual beach). We were looking out over the ocean and the night sky when we saw a "shooting star". The only thing is , is that the "shooting star" never burned out. It kept going until hit struck the ocean way, way out in the horizon. Now if nothing else would have happened after that, it could have been a "shooting star" (meteor). However, right after it hit the ocean, there was not an explosion, but along a certain length of the ocean horizon, the horizon started to pulsate multiple colors like a rainbow. It pulsated like that for about 10 seconds or so. I asked my dad what it was and he simply said it was a "shooting star".
Thing is my dad is not really a "deep thinker" or even someone that thinks to much about anything. He is pretty simple (God bless him). So for him it was just a "shooting star". I was only 7 or 8 and never even saw a meteor and was not old enough to have any intelligence to question him about why it did not burn out and then most of all why it would make those pulsating colors light up the oceans horizon like it did.
As I got older the memory of it has always stayed with me.
All I can think is that it indeed was some type of UFO that either crashed into the ocean or dove into it and made those pulsating colors that lit up the ocean horizon.
What else could do that? does anyone have a rational explaination? A metor would not do that, right?

Also i am adding this following part for ignorant people like KLOSTERMA'S ignorant post below. I am NOT trying to prove that UFO's exist ( of course they do or there would not be a term for it). What i am asking is is there something that can crash into the ocean and make these types of lights after impact (a "rational" explaination).

[edit on 15-7-2005 by GREGNOW]

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 12:32 PM
link   
well you can tally or cross check your encounter with a ufo database website.I am forgeting names but maybe you should google mufon,hsbcc.Btw when did it happened?

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Warthog, i am not sure what you are saying and how i am going to find my question in a UFO data base? I am asking if there is anything that could fall from the sky that could cause the ocean horizon to light up with pulsating multi-colored lights the way it did.
Either way, it happened around 1972-1975. i am not sure as i am not sure what age i was. I think i was around 7 or 8 and i was born in 1967. But i could have been 5 or 6 for all i remember. I am thinking my sister was about 5 or 6 though at the time and i am 2 years older then her.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 12:39 PM
link   
are we alone good question huh? keep up the good work!

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 12:41 PM
link   
There must have been something special about the sighting for it to have stayed with you all these years. I have seen many down through the years and yours sounds genuine. I think if a meteor had hit in the ocean, that you would have been hit by a tsunami.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Klosterma, keep your ignorant comments to yourself. I am a believer that we are not alone, but i also believe there are a lot of rational explainations for things people try to make sound "special".
i am not trying to point out "proof" of UFO's, i am trying to determine if what i saw was indeed some type of UFO crash (which i think it was) or if there is something that could crash into the ocean and make those types of pulsating lights (a "rational" explaination).
Read what i wrote and keep your ignorant comments to yourself, thanks.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Groingrinder, metors hit the earth and do not really cause damage. You are thinking an astroid. A "shooting star" IS a metor that falls toward or near the earth but they usually burn up before impact. I think almost everyone has seen meteors in the night sky before. Also i do not see why or how a meteor would cause pulsating colored lights after hitting the ocean, which is why i think it was a UFO. A meteor would just hit the ocean and then sink to the bottom as it cooled off. It would not cause a tsunami, that would be an astroid that would do that as an astroid is huge. Meteor's are simply small parts that broke off of an astroid or they are other debris from space that are unknown.
I really do not think there is a reason the memory stayed with me, other then the fact that i had never seen anything like it and never have again.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 01:48 PM
link   
GREGNOW, I would do a search on SUO's (Submerged Unidetified Object)
I believe there is some stories i heard about colors coming from the ocean or underwater. you might find something that was similar to what you experienced.

Good hunting

-Aza

[edit on 15-7-2005 by Azathoth]

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Thanks Azathoth, that sounds interesting that they might mention the colored lights...
also i do remember William cooper saying that when he was in the Navy he and others saw UFO's from out of the sky diving into the ocean, but he did not say anything about colored lights from what i remember...

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 04:48 PM
link   
That sounds like something someone would have to see for themselves. How far away did it land in the water from your position? Can you explain the colors coming of the water in more detail, what colors, what type of formation did the colors make, etc. ? Maybe you should try and get in contact w/ an astronomer and ask if a small metorite hitting the water could create that effect with the right conditions.

I have never heard of anything like that. Definitely have heard stories of ufos going into the water and submerging though. Good luck.

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 04:06 PM
link   
It was like really far away and i could not see what it was other then it looked just like a shooting star (meteor) does when it streaks across the sky. However after it hit (and again it was so far away i could not even see the impact into the ocean), even though it was so far away the colors that started pulsating on the horizon were so visible that anyone anywhere on the beach would have been able to see the colors and they streached out a bit along the horizon, they were not just at a small point where the thing hit the ocean.
The colors were like a rainbow but brighter and they pulsated for about 10 or 15 seconds before dying out.
If the colors were not there , i would have probably not even remembered the incident as i was pretty young and even if i would have remembered it i would have just thought it was a shooting star (meteor).

[edit on 16-7-2005 by GREGNOW]

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 04:29 PM
link   
hmmmm...it sounds interesting

but it is possible that it was a meteor

that was so hot, that it continued to burn under water , til its' energy was sapped by the water !

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Do you remember if the moon was visible in the sky at the time?

I live near Beach Haven and have spent many nights on the beach looking at the ocean and the sky. I have seen the waves pulsate with colors from the wake when there is a ship passing way out in the shipping lane and when the moon it brightly lighting the sky.

Also, how far out would you guess? 2 miles?

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Lanotum, that may be one possiblity. I think it was a pretty clear night so the moon was probably visible but i really was to young to remember. These pulsating multi colored lights though were so unusual and distinct.
also even though i say they lit up a portion of the horizon it was not like the entire horizon. it was centered where the thing hit the water and then it spread out on each side from the center of where it would have hit.
also, like i said they only pulsated for like 10 or 15 seconds and then died out. I would think with your possible explaination that it would last longer then that?
also after you have said this though for some reason i now rememeber that a light from a ship did appear but it was some time after the lights died out. The ship was not there at the time and not right after the lights died out. Maybe it came over to see what the lights were and or what fell from the sky and hit the ocean. I would have to say it was more then 2 miles out, but honestly i would not really even be able to estimate as i was to young at the time. I just remember it was really far out in the distance, like really far out.
Also this was not the waves pulsating, it was the actual air above the waves. The waves may also have been lit up but there was no way anyone would be able to see the waves that far away. Also the colors must have been reaching fairly high in the air from the water since it was visible and so far away...

Toasted, the only reason i don't think your explaination is right is because of the length and multiple colors that were displayed. I don't know if even meteor that is still burning would light up the horizon with multiple colors like this did and then also spread out over the horizon the length that they did. It could be possible i guess though, i really do not know...

[edit on 16-7-2005 by GREGNOW]

new topics

top topics

join