It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans are.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 09:26 PM
link   
In keeping will fairness the attached has been posted.......

quinnell.us...

Any thought?

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Yeah, I have a thought. Rex is saying conservatives know what they are told and stick to it even if they are proven wrong, while liberals look at evidence and fact and change as the situation warrants? No need in reading farther than that, the guy's an illogical moron. This is in keeping with no fairness. erroneous BS is fair nowadays? Only to a liberal, Toltec. Conservatism does not reward inability and punish the capable, and to do so is not fair.

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 09:39 PM
link   
See below...

Conservatism does not reward inability and punish the capable, and to do so is not fair.

'nuff said...

P...
m...

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Interesting article. But of course not all of it is true TommyCrowne, it was just meant to attack conservatives. There are plenty of internet articles that attack both sides. Who knows which side is right?

[Edited on 20-8-2003 by maynardsthirdeye]

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Any though? YEAH, that guy's a dumb @$$. Let's examine what he said.

Conservatives base their facts on their own opinions. Liberals base their opinions on objective, verifiable facts.

Well, he must be a conservative based on his own definition. He states only his opinions and fails to back them up with any facts or evidence.

Liberals know that conservatives really want small federal government and big local government, where they can exert more control.

That's how it should be. The local governments are more accessible to EVERYBODY. Jow Schmo Nobody can run for a local office... I HATE it when liberals complain about the gov and do NOTHING to change it. They always forget that almost ANYBODY can run for an office and make an impact. (MORONS)

Conservatives champion states rights at the expense of the federal government. Liberals know this divides the country, increases opportunities for fraud and government waste and allow states and communities to deny the rights of American citizens who do not fit in with the majority.

Who is this idiot? This country is BUILT on MAJORITY RULE! Not to say the minority should be denied rights, but lately the minorities in this country have been considered OVER the majority on a LOT of things. I hate to do this, but it's the best example I can think of. Affirmative Action. Schools today are FORCED by FEDERAL LAW to choose a certain number of minority students in order to fill a quota. NUMEROUS students who fall into categories that are considered majorities are denied enrollment in colleges because a less qualified individual of a minority status makes it in, just because the school needs to fill a quota. (please keep in mind that I'm not saying minorities don't diserve to get in... I'm just saying that race shouldn't be a part of the selection AT ALL! It should be based solely on the achievements and qualifications of the student.)

Conservatives feel that it is okay to censor ideas or art they disagree with or find offensive and voices that disagree with them. Liberals know that censorship is the biggest threat to democracy.

That's funny... I'm a conservative, and I don't think censorship is a good thing. Shows you that only a dumb a$$ will make exclusive statements.

Conservatives are likely to see conspiracies in government, foreign countries, the media and parties that disagree with them. Liberals know that real conspiracies rarely work because people are usually not competent enough to pull them off and people have little resistance to money, so that any conspiracy can be sold out by just one member.

WOW... I think he just said that people in general are stupid. Way to be optimistic about life. That statement is a total contridiction to this other statement he makes.

Conservatives are pessimistic about the future and about human nature. Liberals know that the present is better than the past and the future will be better than the present.

Way to go dumb a$$!

Conservatives think that American values are the best values in the world. Liberals know that American values are not any better or worse than those of most of the industrialized world, just different.

REALLY? So everything anyone ever does is OK because everyone's values are right. Nice one dumb a$$!

Conservatives believe that racism in America no longer exists. Liberals know that there are still hundreds of racist incidents every year all the way up to and including murder. Liberals know that there are still issues of institutional racism as well, including a glass ceiling, racial profiling, harsher prison sentences for the same crimes and less pay for the same work, among others.

OJ GOT OFF! 'nuf said!

Conservatives believe in picking labels for people based on arbitrary criteria and based on things that are beyond the individual's control and dismissing them or denigrating them based on those labels. Liberals know that it is wrong to judge someone based on something they have no control over and that it is only right to judge someone based on their active choices, supported by actual evidence not just a "feeling."

WOW, that's funny, cuz that's just what he's doing... judging ALL conservatives without any diferentiation OR evidence for the accusations. (THIS MAN IS A TOTAL DUMBA$$)

I can't go on anymore... it's pissing me off so much that someone can write this... contradict themselves... what was that.... 4 or 5 times... IN THE FIRST PAGE... and still think they're right. AAAAHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Edited on 20-8-2003 by Greyhaven]

[Edited on 20-8-2003 by Thomas Crowne]

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by maynardsthirdeye
Interesting article. But of course not all of it is true TommyCrowne, it was just meant to attack conservatives. There are plenty of internet articles that attack both sides. Who knows which side is right?

[Edited on 20-8-2003 by maynardsthirdeye]

Simply put? I do. If you have any questions, just let me know. I'll answer them the best I can. While I'm not as colorful as Mike Savage, there's more chance of me getting back to you with an answer viw u2u than getting through to Savage on the phone. I can tell you he doesn't answer emails!

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Wow, Grey, don't blow a fuse, huh? Remember, liberals are here for a reason - to be humorous. They are funny when they are in control, but they are an absolute scream when they are the outside wanting back in!! They cry victim when tehy are not in control but then show us how to really victimize when they are in charge. Laugh, bro, laugh!! It is funny!!

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I'm just trying to show that this man is a total hipocrite (SP?) and shouldn't be making accusations about others.

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Thomas how dare you call me a liberal I am obviously a moderate with conservative undertones.

The site reminded me of proverbial "You know your a fill in the blank when...."

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 08:57 PM
link   
The Heck you are! You know as well as I that you are a staunch conservative with liberal undertones!

I did not intend to call you a liberal, friend, I was merely saying to you that to a liberal that would be the case, not that in this case you are a liberal. I don't think it is possible to get there from here, so there'd be no logical reason for me to even crank up that flame-mobile, would there?

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 09:40 PM
link   
How dare you call me conservative with liberal undertones

I agree TC what really surprised me was the accusation levied by the Clinton administration against the republicans in respect to the Waco incident.

new topics

top topics

join