It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are local gangs supporting Al-Qaeda?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Ive been reading current news reports that say there is an east coast gang called MS-13 that has ben helping Al Qaeda smuggle people and weapons across the mexican border.

I can't seem to track down any information about this group and I was hoping the collective knowledge of the board would be able to shed some light on them.

A report I read said that this gang is continuing to grow around the entire US and that there ability to run drugs, weapons and traffic humans has become a major threat. One report stated that they are being investigated by the FBI for bringing explosives across the border.

Anyway, I wanted to see if any of you have any info on these guys or can point me in the right direction.

[edit on 15-7-2005 by TacOps Security]

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I don't have any real current information on them but a yahoo! search (ms 13 gang +Al-Qaeda) brings up tons of links on the supposed connection.

www.washtimes.com...
www.leesburg2day.com...
www.freerepublic.com...

Sounds like a homegrown (and imported) terrorist organization. Right here in America. Good thing we haven't clamped down on those borders yet, huh?

I lived in a town once where gangs were zero problem. The police and the bikers of the community just got together and made it well-known that they'd use no restraint in protecting their town. Word spread. Gangs left.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Homegrown terrorists....what a great phenomenon. There is also some truth in the bikers and the police banding together as well. Before the FBI started cracking down on the mobsters many people felt alot more secure as well.

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 05:55 PM
link   

According to captured al-Qaida leaders and documents, the plan is called the "American Hiroshima" and involves the multiple detonation of nuclear weapons already smuggled into the U.S. over the Mexican border with the help of the MS-13 street gang and other organized crime groups.

www.worldnetdaily.com...

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Also see this right here at ATS:

Mara Salvatrucha (MS13) Connection

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Thanks Zed. That link was informational.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 02:48 AM
link   
This is a NWO lie it was covered over a year ago, www.joevialls.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 03:56 AM
link   
No, i couldn't see why they would do it...
They are still americans/Enlish after all...

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 04:04 AM
link   
The State Department thinks ALF and ELF, along with Greenpeace and the ACLU are helping Al-Qaeda.

I suppose for folks who believe that, this is an easy connection to make.

Truth is often stranger than fiction, but I gotta say, for the record, if I wrote a piece of fiction about muslim extremists allying themselves with gang-bangers on the block, I would not be spared the laughter of many an uncompromising editor.

join