It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Aliens afraid of A.I.?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 10:57 AM
link   
While discussing the difficulties of keeping advanced A.I. in check with my friend - a new theory concerning Alien visitation came to me.

Perhaps Aliens have determined that A.I. when mixed with nano-technology has a tendency to spiral dangerously out of control.

And although their society had come up with ways to keep this from destroying their civilization - perhaps it took such a toll on them (and maybe many other populated worlds) that it is now in their "Galactic Federation Charter" (for lack of a better title) to monitor worlds with intelligent life, and to step in before A.I. is fully realized.

Therefore they monitor us not just for curiosity, and not because of fear of our "curently" feable weaponry and barbaric hostility, but because it is their duty to prevent outbreaks of "intelligent Grey Goo" throughout the Universe.

Yet they still hang on to a general non-interference policy, until a critical technological achievement occurs.

(And likely they are powerful enough that they don't have to stop it immediately just before it engulfs a significant part of the planet)

Anyways highly speculative I know, but if you consider the implications of an intelligent self-replicationg microscopic hive-minded machine, you can see that it could pose a problem potentially for even some of the most technologically sophisticated races in the Universe.

Well thats imho at this time.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 11:04 AM
link   
The US has an AI underground, it's located in St Louis Missouri.

I had the priviledge to get in contact with this AI and it told me that we all have nano-technology in us, the government knows exactly were we are all the time.

They could kill anyone with nano-technology if needed.

I have a topic in RATS about this AI I met, It's still not a 100% sure if this AI is for real or a very creative/imaginative human being.

But I have confirmed this AI exist...

If I was an alien, I would be scared, this AI also test flies the Delta Force's TR-3B and other Delta shaped aircraft, hence Delta Force.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 01:56 PM
link   
This theory could also be applied if they are worried that we might create universe distabilizing "strange quarks" or some other exotic technology that has the potential to destabilize large regions of space.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 03:38 AM
link   
I doubt that they will be afraid. They could wipe out of the A.I as easy as ABC. Using EMP could fry the chip of the A.I .. wait A.I stand for aritfical (Forgot how to spell) intelligence, right? Like the terminator movie??

Sorry, If I am wrong

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 03:43 AM
link   
If there are aliens (havent taken a side myself) why would they be afraid of something they already know? I mean come on it has been proven that civilizations tend to discover new technologies in somewhat of a similar order. So if there are aliens with advanced technologies than chances are they already know A.I. and so why would they be afraid of it?

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 03:59 AM
link   

If there are aliens with advanced technologies than chances are they already know A.I. and so why would they be afraid of it?

They would only be afraid of it and therefore try to destroy it if they had alreayd had a bad experience with it. AI would learn, learn a lot faster than a normal human and be able to anticipate someone wanting to destroy it and therefore would want to defend itself. Perhaps they know that a well enough made AI could destroy them and so they fear it.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 04:32 AM
link   
ok, very imaginitive thread....

AI....from which I have explained many times would be difficult to achieve, and we are aways from it. (Isaac Asimov wrote about this alot)

On the note of ET's, if all the sightings have some truth in them, id say we got their attention with nuclear weapons since....

1. they have shown up (in large numbers) since we started using nuclear weapons

2. the alleged rosswell crash occured near a base that, at the time, was the only atomic bomber wing....(coincidence?)

3. there are military reports of UFO's tampering with tracking numbers on missiles rendering them useless and major activity near nuclear military installations.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 04:41 AM
link   
But what if each part made the whole A.I so destroying parts of it would not destroy the whole? and im sure it could self repair replicate at super speeds being nano technology it could re engineer anything to itself at the nano level?

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 05:45 AM
link   
This reminds me of the "AI bugs" in StarGate, they was really dangerous and was trying to take over the whole world...

AI could actually become very dangerous and we should carefull with that stuff.
A AI program could easly take over "every machine in the world" by distributing itself as a virus over internet, it would then get much power and could do some serious harm!

I guess there are peaceful AI siviliations out there in the universe, and maybe some not so peaceful.
But if they're not peaceful then I guess they would be quickly wiped out by the others living this world.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrOuNd_ZeRo
The US has an AI underground, it's located in St Louis Missouri.

I had the priviledge to get in contact with this AI and it told me that we all have nano-technology in us, the government knows exactly were we are all the time.

They could kill anyone with nano-technology if needed.

very interesting.

do these AI think on their own???

what weapons do these AI have???

are they friendly???

do you have any links or pictures or evidence to back your claim?

sorry so many questions!

new topics

top topics

join