It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Pledge of Allegiance rules in Texas

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Well i returned back to school from summer vacation just yesterday, first thing that happened once we got to our classes was our Principal talking on the intercom system about new pledge of allegiance rules. Aparently now we all say the pledge, which doesnt seem too strange, but then we say the pledge of allegiance to texas! never even heard of it, lol, thought it was odd. Even stranger they give us 1 minute after both pledges to pray. Anyone else from texas who knows more about this, or does anyone else in other states recently have such changes?

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 02:31 PM
link   
This sounds completely ridiculous. I live in Texas, but I do not attend school. Where in Texas is your school located?

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Texas usually likes to believe it's its own country... This is hardly surprising.... Seems it'd make more sense to put the two moment of silence minutes together though....
Alright....another contender that may even beat out California and Florida, for village idiot of the Union, hehe....

ID

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Howdy, I am up here in VA and though we don't do the second pledge thing we do the moment of silence. It is well known that it is for praying but they cannot say that for legal reasons (separation of church and state). Why can't people pray on their own time instead of just wasting mine?

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 04:31 PM
link   
The Christian Bible states that prayer should be in sanctuary.

More of the zealots not following their own book.

I pray all the time. However, it is within myself and nobody elses damn business.

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 04:37 PM
link   
They tried to make the kids at my school say the schools pledge after the Pledge of Allegience. I sat down after the Pledge of Allegience everytime.

Nightwalker

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Texas usually likes to believe it's its own country... This is hardly surprising....

lol "The United States of Texas" Agreed, Gazrok!

new topics

top topics

join