It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happens now with Iran?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex

Only Saddam didnt have any to put anywhere it seems!

Oh I think Saddam had plenty of stuff, I just think he got rid of it all back in 1991, and kept playing games with the inspectors in order to bluff Iran. That he at one time had an a-bomb program is not really in doubt.

Count me in as a skeptic on whether we'll get support from anyone but Israel on an attack on Iran, right now we have a lot of estwhile allies that would like nothing more than to see us fall on our faces. Even while they do regard Iran as a threat, I suspect they are beginiing to regard US hegemony as an even greater one.

[edit on 7/15/05 by xmotex]

I dont think Iraq had anything significant. If they did the secret services/spy/sattelite would have proof on the table forthwith!!! Dont want to open a can of worms but its all oil, oil, oil.
Not as up-to-date with it all as Skippy but I smell BIG trouble. It wont seem so bad if China were to step up to the plate though. I look, I learn.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 06:04 PM
link   

US aircraft. Brittish, French, and Israeli aircraft will also take part. (Yes, I said French)

If you think the British will be joining you in this then you are mistaken.

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man
Skippy has it 100% right.

It will be all air attacks, and many countries you don't think would be involved will be, such as France and Germany.

Why do you mention Germany among those countries? You think we are afraid of going to war? Then think again. We took part in many wars.

(I would also ask why do you mention France among those countries but that would be too easy).

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 02:23 PM
link   

If you think the British will be joining you in this then you are mistaken.

Indeed, Blair has already ruled it out if I'm not mistaken.

As for France and Germany, they won't join in because they have no reason to, not due to some kind of cowardice. Same reason they didn't go to Iraq this time around: because they had nothing to gain from it, and plenty to lose.

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 03:00 PM
link   
You can count Russia and China out, too.

#3 I even suspect Russia and China would support action against Iran, or at least allow it, if a strong European coalition joined the US. Russia and China need cash to support thier rapid growth. The West has it, Iran doesnt. Oil to fuel your industry is meaningless if you dont have any industry. And oil isnt forever, markets for your goods are.

They might allow it but that's it. They would definitely not support it.

Russia wants Iran and Syria armed to discourage future US aggression in the Mid-East. I think it was just in late April that Putin also announced Russia would be aiding the Palestinians against "terrorism," but given the context of what he actually said, it's obvious he was suggesting Israel. Russia is not a backer of US-Israeli aggression, hence their sell of arms to the very countries/people we want to take out (Iran, Syria, Palestinians). You're not going to be able to count on Russia for help in these wars. They're the good guys.

You can also count China out. I don't know what makes you think China is a big fan of the US's foreign policy, but we've been harrassing China and making them look like the new evil empire for a while now, and thus China's aggressive remarks towards the US as of late. I think they're suspecting the US is looking for trouble with them through either North Korea or Taiwan. They're one of the last countries I could imagine rolling into Iran with the US with. Last I heard, Russia, China, India and Iran were all showing interest in their own coalition of some kind, or at least a sharing of weapons and technology. The BrahMos was a result of Russian/Indian collaboration, for example, and those are now reportedly being sent to Iran, which also has good relations with India.

I'm not so sure about France or Germany, either. They would definitely be a lot more likely than Russia or China would be, but I still have a feeling the French people would raise Hell if France got involved with a war in Iran. The French, after all, are not passive as we Americans are. They'll all take to the street at the drop of a hat. An admirable quality for a democracy, I think. We should see more of that here.

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 03:18 PM
link   
We draft poor Americans and kick Iranian arse (women and children included). After we take the entire Middle East, with China's help for oil, we turn to Europe and kick European arse's. You Brit's, recognizing we have the muscle, break with Europe to help kick their arse's, focusing primarily on the French. We then say to Indonesia, "We rule your government or we'll hit you with 20 trident missles." The Saud's decide that oil is going to be sold for $20 a barrel rather than $50, due to our nuke subs circling the coast. Iraq becomes the richest nation in the Middle East and celebrates by renaming Baghdad, Babylon. We sign a treaty with Russia during all this (oil protection), but were still pissed about 911 so we keep their economy in shambles.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Ok... thanks.. gnite now..

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join