It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happens now with Iran?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Apparently Iran is on the brink of making a nuclear bomb. Now stop me if I am wrong but I dont think THIS coalition as got many bullets left. Troops over seas for way to long, record low recruitment in the USA and UK, public opinion at an all time low for military action, protests and campaigns against governments. And Saddam aint even been on in court proper yet!!
So unless some divine intervention takes place, we will be staring another cold-war in the face. And the out-come of this one wont be so favourable cos them Extremists dont care about dying. At least the Russians had ethics.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Israel is the key. There's no way on the Earth they will let Iran develop nukes. Nobody should doubt that they will attack if they believe Iran is on on the verge of getting a nuke. Israel don't tend to shy away from pre-emptive action. The US knows this and will probably be forced into action also - Israel has ways of twisting their arm. This won't be a cold war because Israel is convinced (rightly or wrongly) that Iran will try to wipe them off the face of the planet if they get a nuke. Israel doesn't want a cold war because they want to be the only ones in the region with nukes - in their mind it's the only thing keeping them safe from all the countries that surround it. They will never let that balance slip - if any of their enemies get a nuke then their "safety net" is gone. They won't let it happen. If the US doesn't initiate hostilities against Iran, they'll certainly be dragged along for the ride by Israel.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Sharon has already said that another unilateral Osirak-style airstrike is out of the question. They expect the US to do it for them.

An Osirak style strike isn't going to work anyway, the Iranians have dispersed their nuclear program all over the country, not put them in a single easily-bombable location like Saddam did.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 01:28 PM
link   
US and Israeli special ops are on the ground or will be on the ground in Iran shorly confirming intel on the locations and fortifications of the plants right now. The US is flying missions over Iran day and night gathering data as we speak.

WHEN the attack happens, and it will be soon, the US will provide the majority of the airstrikes with Israeli and limited US special forces on the ground coordinating and tagging targets.

Once all the locations are "tagged" and approved, the attack will start.

First wave will go after SAM sites and anti aircraft batteries as well as destroy communication and detection abilities.

Then without any delay, the strikes will begin. It will be the largest single, coordinated air attack on any nation since WWII. The entire event from start to finish will take less than 24 hours. 1000's of sorties from mostly US aircraft. Brittish, French, and Israeli aircraft will also take part. (Yes, I said French)

The US and allies will contiunue to secure the airspace above Iran until the world is satisfied that Iran as a nuclear threat has been nuetralized.

Intel from boots on the ground and overhead sources will comfirm the accuracy of the assault over the following 24-72 hours and a decicion will be made to follow up in needed.

Irans nuclear ability will be destroyed with very few actual soldiers on the ground.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Are you speaking from some kind of inside info (in which case some time in a Federal pen looks likely), or are you just presenting speculation as fact?

Not that it's bad speculation, if it does go down I'd expect it to be something like this. A single airstrike won't cut it, and a full scale war would require troops we don't have available.

I still think it's a bad idea, likely to create more problems than it solves.
The law of unintended consequences and all that...

[edit on 7/15/05 by xmotex]

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
Are you speaking from some kind of inside info (in which case some time in a Federal pen looks likely), or are you just presenting speculation as fact?

That a personal attack? Personal attacks are against the TOS and I will report it as such.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 01:59 PM
link   
That's a personal attack?!?
You have very strange ideas about what constitutes a personal attack.
I am questioning your post, not calling you names or something.

If you have some kind of inside info, you are commiting a federal crime by revealing operational plans.

If not, you are speculating on what might happen, and presenting it as if it were fact.

Feel free to report me, I am confident I have not said anything that constitutes a "personal attack" by any stretch of the imagination.

If you don't like your statements being questioned and criticized, perhaps you are in the wrong place.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Skippy has it 100% right.

It will be all air attacks, and many countries you don't think would be involved will be, such as France and Germany.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man
Skippy has it 100% right.

It will be all air attacks, and many countries you don't think would be involved will be, such as France and Germany.

an informed guess?

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Sharon has already said that another unilateral Osirak-style airstrike is out of the question. They expect the US to do it for them.

An Osirak style strike isn't going to work anyway, the Iranians have dispersed their nuclear program all over the country, not put them in a single easily-bombable location like Saddam did.

Only Saddam didnt have any to put anywhere it seems!

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I dont know anything that you dont know.

But all logic clearly states this is the only way it could happen. And it will happen. I think alot of you guys will be very suprised which nations will be part of the attack as well.

Hey, I dont want to bomb anybody, but the USA should have taken action against Iran, not Iraq 3 years ago.

[edit on 15-7-2005 by skippytjc]

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Only Saddam didnt have any to put anywhere it seems!

Oh I think Saddam had plenty of stuff, I just think he got rid of it all back in 1991, and kept playing games with the inspectors in order to bluff Iran. That he at one time had an a-bomb program is not really in doubt.

Count me in as a skeptic on whether we'll get support from anyone but Israel on an attack on Iran, right now we have a lot of estwhile allies that would like nothing more than to see us fall on our faces. Even while they do regard Iran as a threat, I suspect they are beginiing to regard US hegemony as an even greater one.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 03:31 PM
link   

If you don't like your statements being questioned and criticized, perhaps you are in the wrong place.

i agree...hes a lil too sensitive maybe...last one was the anti-semitic accusation in another thread

but he has very good imagination tho...tom clancy in the making?

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 03:36 PM
link   
FuGGer, excellent addition to the post. Maybe add some content with your opinion on the threads topic? Or do you simply troll the boards looking to make comments against its posters?

Add something, or keep to yourself, we dont need anything from the peanut gallery.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 03:43 PM
link   
gladly...i was just waiting for your respond
...care to elaborate why the french would be involved as you have so confidently claimed?

also...to get a more complete picture...can you tell us what iran will do in response?

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Holy crap FuGGer, you shocked me with a real response. I almost dont know what to do!

#1 France has already spoken out against Iranian nuclear capability. They dont want it. If France joins the US and the UK in any kind of action put before the security council, they will eventually need to stand behind thier choice WHEN its time for action, as Iran wont back down.

#2 Once France is on board, a whole host of other nations will be more willing to become part of the coalition, France is an excellent litmus test as far as european policial support is concerned.

#3 I even suspect Russia and China would support action against Iran, or at least allow it, if a strong European coalition joined the US. Russia and China need cash to support thier rapid growth. The West has it, Iran doesnt. Oil to fuel your industry is meaningless if you dont have any industry. And oil isnt forever, markets for your goods are.

Irans response?

Easy:

#1 Iran has a powerfull and advanced air deffence system. Allied losses will be inevetable. But overwhelming numbers and techonology will quickly nullify any anti air capability they have.

#2 Irans very capable ground forces will be relativly useless, as they would have limited ability to effect the air attacks once thier air deffences are detroyed. Small arms and mobile missiles will only achieve so much, and would be suicidal for any ground troops who attempted to use them as the skies would be swarming with allied aircraft.

#3 The most effective and dangerous threat the Iranians could muster is to any ships or carriers stationed in the gulf. US and coalition planners would be wise to keep thier ships out of the Gulf. At least in the begining.

#4 Iran would attempt to rally thier Arab peers for support. And they will get it too, no Arab nation would ally with Israel. But I dont think that will materialize into anything militarily that would or could effect the operation. Long term effects are likely however. (I suspect thier peers also dont want them to have nukes either, so direct government sponsored attacks arent likely)

That help?

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 04:22 PM
link   
It helps me skippy. I haven`t always agreed with your posts but I think you are right on the money with this one. Of course the question is if it goes down. If it does i expect it to play out pretty much exactly as you state. Are you just using plain logic or do you have some sort of military or political backround? Also how do you feel about the US government as a whole?

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 04:57 PM
link   
yes it does...just wondering...after all thats done...what do you think is going to happen to the current iranian prez (i forget the name) and supreme leader khameini?

how do you think they will get rid of them for a new (more liberal - hopefully theres one
) leadership?

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Russia and China need cash to support thier rapid growth.

Indeed, which is why the Russians are selling Iran pretty much everything they need for their nuclear program. Including offering to build 20 new nuclear reactors for them.

My bet: Russia and China will block any UN resolution sanctioning the use of force against Iran. The EU will sit on the sidelines hoping the US gets mired in another Iraq type situation, or worse. The US will happily walk into another trap, eager to show off our "global dominance," because the collective IQ inside the beltway these days is at a record low, the collective hubris simply off the scale.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I think Iran's millitary is underrated. Rember they have alot of modren russian "tech", and a nice assortment of modren missles, antiair and also.. And the very moment they are attacked, they are going to launch an all out missle assult on isreal...ouch..

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join