It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

our earth is in big danger: our climat is possibly out of control

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Our climat is possibly already out of our control. That s what scientistes of Science Express magazine ( part of Sciencemagazine) conclude.
Earths energie is out of balance.
The climat is already changing over the whole world (by example China).
I think it s too late to save it. But at least the whole humanity is resposable for that. We can t blame God or aliens or somebody else for that. Now that I read the article on sciencedialy.com I had to think of a story of someone who had been abduct by aliens. She said that they are here to help us and that they know that earth is in danger.
Well if thats true (and I think it is) I m sure they aren t gonna be late to save us and our planet.
I m actually worry about this.

Do you people think that we still can save earth? And how?

yavis

Read the full story on:

www.sciencedaily.com...

for more info go to www.earth.columbia.edu...

(mod edit to remove caps from title and fix link)

[edit on 15-7-2005 by pantha]

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 12:06 PM
link   
global warming is the earth saving herself?

her way of reinserting some order into the eco-systems?

the question is, will man be allowed to survive and adapt, or will he go the same way as many of the other species, many of which will soon be extict. and, will the lesson he learns f rom this be remembered long enough to prevent him from making the same mistakes again....and again...again....

that's if we don't nuke the planet first.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 12:14 PM
link   
If I was into Science, I'd prefer it daily to dialy *nudge nudge*

But I agree, the climate is worse than we are being told. I can see the reasoning in a way, if people knew how bad it really is getting, folks would start panicking and chaos would ensue (obvious answer #33).

But in my mind, it's true. The climates spirraling out of control, 7 years time it'll come to some kind of messy conclusion, thats my very lax prediction.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I think you re right downstar about earth saving herself after all that people have done to it.
And maybe it s too late to make it good...
yavis

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 03:29 PM
link   
You people are talking like the Earth is a sentient being...I don't quite think that's right. And I don't think that global warming is that bad. The average global temperature has risen by about 0.5-1 degree Fahrenheit since the late 19th century. Even if it went up 2-2.5 degrees from 2000-2100...I think that's giving us enough time to come up with a solution, don't you think? Even then, we can always explore the possibility that we're just coming out of an "ice age."

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Hey ShreddedIce
i think you are looking to positif at that. Did you actually read the article?
Well I hope you re right. And we are not only talking about an Icetime, but about real disasters.
And I m sure that earth is sensitive!

yavis

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Ladies and gentlemen, if we could stop peddling hysteria for just a moment? The Earth is still in a state of recovery from her last Ice age. Yes, it's getting warmer. Durr. We're living in the middle of a planetary thaw period.

Isn't there something else we shoud worry about? I remember learning to slather myself with SPF100, because the giant, enormous hole in the Ozone layer was coming to kill us all...

or something...

Could we stop being harbingers of doom, and start watching to see what's going to happen?

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 03:52 PM
link   
The earth's not in danger, not in the grand scheme of things. The only things that are in danger are the current species of plants and animals on the planet - including us.
The planet has been through much more cataclysmic events in the past then we could ever create, we are so very arrogant to think we are that significant.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 04:52 PM
link   
We have all got good reason to start worrieing about our planet and how climate changes MAY be the begining of the end for humans. now i dont claim to be an expert on this subject but i have looked at websites on climate and it seems that the future may be bleak if we are not ALL prepared to change out polluting ways. the time for talking is over, unless the governments of the world start to bring in new strict laws for everyone e.g a worldwide ban on big gas guzzling cars that only do 15mpg etc etc then it could be the end for humans, also dont forget that the world population is expected to be 9.31 billion by the year 2050 (current figure 6.45 billion) the earth is struggling to cope with the amount of pollution we produce and things can only get worse.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 05:10 PM
link   
We've had a number of interesting speakers about global warming here at the engineering school. The most notable take home factoids are summarized below.

1. They have done extensive ice core sampling and what's interesting is that there is actually a large scale cycle due to the sun and changes in earth's orbit, of warming and cooling. We are in a warming period as noted by the above poster. We are also in an increasing CO2 cycle. The ice core studies claim to measure the CO2 in the atmosphere. If we removed human production of industrial wastes such as engine and power plant and heating plant emissions, we would still be at an increased level of CO2, which in itself is not a concern at all.

2. However, what IS a concern is what happens in the next 30 years as China becomes industrialized. Since they have over 100 times our population and no environmental regulation whatsoever, they stand to contribute far more than we ever have or will to increased CO2 levels.

3. It's not quite as easy to stop this as some Greenpeacers think. But its certainly wise to minimize our own consumption by using more fuel efficient (hybrid) cars, and continuing to install smokestack scrubbers on coal and oil burning plants. While I think backing out of the Kyoto accord was not in the best interests of the global climate, the issue of what happens in China and India has not at all been addressed yet by anyone. It's getting particularly bad in China, their drinking water is being contaminated by plants with no EPA equivalent to do anything about it, and it will only get worse (unless they start shaping up).

4. While I don't buy the doomsday scenario, it's quite clear from studies of glacier movements that we are indeed heating up. Since we are in a sun cycle that is warming, it's not entirely clear yet what exact percentage of this is inevitable, and what is due directly from greenhouse gases.

5. Bottom line is when wealthy and influential people start to see their expensive beachfront properties getting decimated by higher levels of seawater and storms, I am sure something will start to be put into effect. If we could start to put something into effect even before that, I would be all for it, as I am an avid mountaineer and skier, and I hate to think that we might be losing some of our most glorious mountain whitecaps to smog.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 08:57 PM
link   
The sky is falling!

Global warming caused by man: to this day there is little evidence of our effect on the earth's naturally occuring climate cycles. Scientist say the ice sheets are melting rapidly while then others say it is gaining ice.

Remember Al Gore and global warming? Where did that go?

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShreddedIce
You people are talking like the Earth is a sentient being...I don't quite think that's right. And I don't think that global warming is that bad. The average global temperature has risen by about 0.5-1 degree Fahrenheit since the late 19th century. Even if it went up 2-2.5 degrees from 2000-2100...I think that's giving us enough time to come up with a solution, don't you think? Even then, we can always explore the possibility that we're just coming out of an "ice age."

weather it's just us coming out of an ice age or us killing ourselves with our pollutions, the one fact that is the most relevant, that the earth is changing seems to be the same.....our climate IS CHANGING. some species have already become extinct... and well, as far as there being enough time to come up with a solution, if we had listened when this first started to become a concern....in the 70's, ya, we would have had plenty of time, probably would have found our solution already, and not relying on petro by now. we wouldn't be so dependent on the middle eastern oil and would have told them all to go ahead and blow themselves up if they wanted, we're gone. but we didn't listen, and I'm not sure if it would have made a difference, but part of the thing about global warming is the increase in certain gases in our atmosphere, it makes very little sense to me that if you know that these gases are increasing and it will disrupt life on planet earth, to just go ahead and add MORE of these gases into our atmosphere. and that is what we've been doing.

the hurricane season is already full swing it seems, and florida still hasn't cleaned up from the last season. and all the rubble from last years season will make this year's hurricanes more dangerous simply because there's so much more for the wind to pick up and throw around! I think we could have a hundred years and it would not do us anygood since 99 years from now, we would still be in denial.

and what I beleive is that the creation has little automatic safety switches built into her that will turn on in regular intervals or when the ecosystem gets too out of wack. these safety switches help to cleanse the air, the water, and the land and make it more habitable for life but alot of species of animals have been wiped out of existance from these changes. if you remember, when the tidal wave hit asia, it seems the only ones dimwitted enough to be around when the wave hit was modern civilized man. the animals took off, as well as those "primitive" tribes that lived in the area. And, well, how many of those who had their (million dollar) houses wiped out during last year's hurricanes will go right back and rebuild on the same land, to be wiped out again.
when it comes to survival of the fittest, I'm not sure the humans are in the best position.

[edit on 18-7-2005 by dawnstar]

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Well said dawnstar. Denial is the key word, you can point out the facts as much as you want, but until they are actually dying, people will still say your a fanatical doomsday conspiracist.

The worst thing is, when (or if) society does finally realize that it's too late, the majority will still be thinking "Whaaa? What did we do wrong? Why is using a massive Hum-Vee gas guzzler to go down the road bad? We didn't cause this, this would have happened even if we didn't treat the earth like a piece of shi*". Sad but true

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 12:31 PM
link   
The earth goes through cycles, nothing new. We, humanity, are not responsible for that. Now, if you feel guilty for something, amend your ways.
We can do nothing to stop Earth's cycles, so prepare yourself, or prepare for you children depending on when you think the climate is going to change.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 02:28 PM
link   

our climate IS CHANGING. some species have already become extinct...

I didn't say that it isn't changing, I said that we don't need to worry...yet. And the reason that some animals are going extinct is because of natural selection coming out of this ice age AND because we are cutting down trees and creating oil spills, the two things that we should be worried about right now, not global warming. Those do kill animals. But that's off the subject, I guess.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShreddedIce

our climate IS CHANGING. some species have already become extinct...

I didn't say that it isn't changing, I said that we don't need to worry...yet. And the reason that some animals are going extinct is because of natural selection coming out of this ice age AND because we are cutting down trees and creating oil spills, the two things that we should be worried about right now, not global warming. Those do kill animals. But that's off the subject, I guess.

I think we do have to worry now and do something about it, before it s too late.

yavis

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Animals have become extinct before, and it happens every day.

Okay, I'll agree, we do need to start doing something about the possible proble.

First thing, go and convince all the cows to quit passing gas, as bovine flatulism is, indeed, a contributor to global warming.

Get back with us when that is accomplished!

However, if you touch my thermostat, there will be some serious problems between us!

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by yavis
Our climat is possibly already out of our control. That s what scientistes of Science Express magazine ( part of Sciencemagazine) conclude.
Earths energie is out of balance.
The climat is already changing over the whole world (by example China).
I think it s too late to save it. But at least the whole humanity is resposable for that. We can t blame God or aliens or somebody else for that. Now that I read the article on sciencedialy.com I had to think of a story of someone who had been abduct by aliens. She said that they are here to help us and that they know that earth is in danger.
Well if thats true (and I think it is) I m sure they aren t gonna be late to save us and our planet.
I m actually worry about this.

Do you people think that we still can save earth? And how?

yavis

Read the full story on:

www.sciencedaily.com...

for more info go to www.earth.columbia.edu...

(mod edit to remove caps from title and fix link)

[edit on 15-7-2005 by pantha]

the only way to safe our earth is by. attitude,yeah that's right
because lots of people on earth whose only want money instead of their lives and they dont care about the others around himself. another word:"self fish"

ie: a woodcutting company. got a letter from the goverment saying that stop cutting trees in some area or you'll get the panalties or what ever similar to it. but that company ignores it,and they kept on chopping trees in that area..after couple years that area become desert and that company got sued(closed down) so people lives in that area have to move or they'll die. not only they have to move, they've destoried a tiny part of earth.(every tiny part counts_)

well....thats my point, btw i did not proof read. might have alot of grammer errors or spelling errors.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 12:46 PM
link   
We are a reflection of our world.We are out of balance and Mother Earth is trying to counter-balance our destructive ways.If we want these disasters to stop we have to change our ways of thinking and living.We have to become more peaceful as a world.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Animals have become extinct before, and it happens every day.

Okay, I'll agree, we do need to start doing something about the possible proble.

First thing, go and convince all the cows to quit passing gas, as bovine flatulism is, indeed, a contributor to global warming.

Get back with us when that is accomplished!

However, if you touch my thermostat, there will be some serious problems between us!

okay, tell ya what, I'll go around and have a chat with the dairy cattle up here, see if I can't get them to hold onto their gas......you go down to the gulf, and try to talk those people who've had their homes damaged and destroyed to relocate and rebuild inland, off the pennisula. Good luck!! For some reason, I think I'd have more luck with the cows than you have with the people!!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join