It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-INDIVIDUALS: London Bombing Mastermind Captured in Cairo

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zanzibar
Ok theyve found it, have they shot it yet? These terrorists are not even people, they should have no rights and as soon as they prove that this 'man' was responsible, shoot him, simple. Rid the world of the evil

I think, we, the British, tried that tack a few years ago with the IRA - didn't work.

We don't have the death penalty any more - however, I believe (but I may be completely wrong) we have retained for use in cases of Treason - given that most of the cell are British citizens....

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 09:09 AM
link   

I know it sounds sick, but these terrorists really are scum, they have plotted to kill innocents and we let them live, it doesnt make any sense. If we get rid of them it does the entire world a favor.

We kill them, they die maytars.

More will hate the west and attacks will continue.

not good

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by hands
We don't have the death penalty any more - however, I believe (but I may be completely wrong) we have retained for use in cases of Treason - given that most of the cell are British citizens....

Nope.

Good old jack straw signed that off in 1998

we dont have the death penalty for treason anymore *sighs*

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

I know it sounds sick, but these terrorists really are scum, they have plotted to kill innocents and we let them live, it doesnt make any sense. If we get rid of them it does the entire world a favor.

We kill them, they die maytars.

More will hate the west and attacks will continue.

not good

Thats a good point, didnt think of that. But locking them up will have exactly the same effect, so what do we do? Nuke them? Thats too extreme, even for me. It seems that we will never, ever win against the parasite that is terrorism.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Nope.

Good old jack straw signed that off in 1998

Oh.... but then again as you said above - it would only create more martyrs anyway.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Thats a good point, didnt think of that. But locking them up will have exactly the same effect, so what do we do? Nuke them? Thats too extreme, even for me. It seems that we will never, ever win against the parasite that is terrorism.

So you nuke a country that hasnt attacked you at all? makes no sense at all. If you nuke a country, your kicking off world war III cause alot of countries can strike you back

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Isn't that a EU thing, all members can't have any death penalty?

The U.S. would never submit to that, we love ol' sparky!

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Isn't that a EU thing, all members can't have any death penalty?

The U.S. would never submit to that, we love ol' sparky!

Yeah, its one of those crazy EU things, which i dont like.

there are groups campaigning to have to have the death penaltly removed in the states, btw, but you've probably heard of them.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 09:25 AM
link   

So you nuke a country that hasnt attacked you at all? makes no sense at all. If you nuke a country, your kicking off world war III cause alot of countries can strike you back

That cam out wrong, sorry. didnt mean nuke the country they are in, heck we would have to destroy the world for that to work, I meant where they hide, like OBL in the mountains, flush em out with a good old A-Bomb, I know perfectly well that its insane and would never happen.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Kill Bin Laden and you make the ideaology of Al Qaeda even stronger.
At the end of the day, Bin Laden has created an ideaology that ever islamic terrorist adopts.

The fear of every terrorist expert is that Bin Laden isn't captured alive, but dead. He will become a maytar to his follows and the problem would just get work.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Note to American government:

After a terrorist attack: examine the crime scene for clues, collect evidence, arrest suspects (aka the British police force)...don't just ship the rubble off to some garbage dump and start bombing countries...unless you've got something to hide of course...

I'm so proud of the way my country has handled this attack, and the way in which the investigation has been undertaken. The American government have a lot to learn...(especially about honesty)...but thats for another thread

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 09:58 AM
link   
news.bbc.co.uk...

apparently, he was planning on returning to the UK, so does that mean that more attacks were in the works

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
It could be that the Brit's are just better at this type of investigation, they've had decades to hone their skills at it.

YOU MUSTN'T SAY THAT! THE AMERICANS ARE THE BEST OF THE BEST AT EVERYTHING DIDN'T YOU KNOW THAT!!!

One terrorist attack apparently makes them experts of the phenomenon, giving them the right to ignore advice by people who grew up with it. Arrogance makes me ill sometimes.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 10:11 AM
link   
It was probably fairly easy to catch the guy.

Guy teaches student and is friends with them.
Guy leaves the U.K.
Student blows people up.
British Police are not stupid.
Egypt wants to help us so we don't bomb them for no reason.
____

As for what to do with Terrorists?

Why not target the problem that helps to breed terrorism?

When someone has cancer, do you treat the disease or the symptoms?

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 10:27 AM
link   
The press keeps calling this guy the "mastermind" behind the attacks.

I also highly doubt he did anything more then build the bombs. The "plan" was arranged much higher up the food chain I suspect.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Give the man a trial, let him defend himself in a court of law. Let anyone review the court record and thats how you treat terrorists. Funny how a technique thats been used for hundreds of years still serves us fine today.

There is no need to shoot any one, there is no need to nuke any one. Just use the courts, let them plead their innocence/guilt, and allow a panel of jurors to decide their fate.

SIMPLE

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by QuietSoul
The press keeps calling this guy the "mastermind" behind the attacks.

I also highly doubt he did anything more then build the bombs. The "plan" was arranged much higher up the food chain I suspect.

This guy, Magdi Mahmoud al-Nashar, is not the so called "Mastermind" just suspected to be the "chemist bleaved to be involved in the production of the exploves.

Magdi Mahmoud al-Nashar deneis any involvment in the attacks, claming to have just been on holloday in Egypt. He was also planing to return to Britain.

BBC News Link

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 11:31 AM
link   
The true problem with capturing these terrorists and not being able to ever win this was on terror because of the constant martyrs being created everyday is the fact that even as a civilized society we still feel the need to divide each other. Liberals against democrats, white against black, religious against anti-religion, and so on and so on. If are so called leaders and the worlds politicians can pry their heads loose from their rear-ends and forget about political corectness and worry about the majority of the good willed people of the world we might actually make some progress.

First off, as undemocratic as it may sound we need to look at all practioners of Islam as possible terrorists. Its the bold cold truth. There is no way around it when you take into account the way that these people operate. They live normal lives with families jobs and friends until the day they are called to duty when they strap a bomb to their chest and get on a bus or a train full of people heading to work with children headed to school. They have no respect for human life, wanting to kill anyone who does not agree with their ideology. These people can never be negotiated with. The stakes are far to high to be worried about one group of peoples civil rights if in effect that means that thousands if not millions of innocents will die. Its the harsh cold truth that no politician will dare to say and society would rather have another terrorist attack on them then to think that they have become worse by treating the Islamic community in whole as suspects. But it is the only way. There has been no other credible acknowledgement of what needs to be done, just a lot of finger pointing and Monday morning quarterbacks.

We need stop all this constant bickering amongst ourselves and finally take a stand as a whole. Dwelling over past mistakes will not help anyone who truly wants to put a stop to this madness. The enemy may not be defined by borders of a geographical location but we know in general what the enemy will look like, what religion he follows and the general vicinity of where they train and the governments that have associations with them.

I will ask one question not to incite riot like behavior and typical ranting posting but to make one think what is the only fullproof method to put an end to the terroristic error of suicide bombers and torturous individuals operating on pure hate.

The question is as follows:
Hypothetically speaking, if we knew for a fact that at one particular day in the future, we`ll say 1 year from today for arguements sake, that these Islamic jihadists were going to flawlessly carry out a simultaneous attack on the people of the world, one in which say nuclear bombs, perhaps suitcase bombs, were to be used and create mass carnage where say 30 different countries suffered a combined loss of 5 million people and countless others sick from the fallout, what could we do now to stop it? This is the bold cold truth, they are not done with their carnage and may one day carry out such a large scale attack. But even if it were a total of 5 million killed over a longer stretch of time due to much smaller attacks, what should we do? We have the power to stop them, its just we are to afraid to do it.

One last question:
I would appreciate respect for the dead when refering to this that I post, for I have lost some that I know to these Extremists. If we could go back in time with the knowledge of the September 11th attacks and the intent to stop them from happening without knowing the identities of those involved would it be worth it to put all peoples from midddle eastern descent into a camp if you will. Or would the civil liberties of a few million outweigh the deaths of 3000?

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 11:35 AM
link   
csulli456, should we also view every Christian and Jew as a Terrorist?

I.R.A? Irgun? Levi?

No.

If we begin to view every "Muslim" as a terrorist, it will only have the Police bothering innocent people more and more - which is already beginning to happen because of this. By doing such a thing it will create the devide in the Nation that they want and turn it to "Muslim" against "Non-Muslim" and the terrorists will have won.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimi
Note to American government:

After a terrorist attack: examine the crime scene for clues, collect evidence, arrest suspects (aka the British police force)...don't just ship the rubble off to some garbage dump and start bombing countries...unless you've got something to hide of course...

I'm so proud of the way my country has handled this attack, and the way in which the investigation has been undertaken. The American government have a lot to learn...(especially about honesty)...but thats for another thread

Dont be to suprised of things dont work out the way you want them..

From some reports, things are starting to look like Al CIA da is behind this..

Btw, its kinda hard to search for facts if you are the one that committed the crime.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join