It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can certain bugs induce fear???

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 05:57 PM
link   
THE SIZE OF UR FACE?! what type of spider was that??? lol ive only seen one type of spider like that www.foxies.nl... The Camel spider but that lives In the Middle Eastern area.

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Its a scorpion. If I remember right.

The most annoying insect has to be the praying mantis. A 8 inches Flying kamakaze.

Giant Water beetle's can reach up to 10 inches. And Bite a 2 inch chunk into your hide.

Deer Flies are the worst fly to exist. They also Swarm, and thier bite is worse then a horse fly. Thier limitless appetite has killed livestock herds. They are Michalanders form of a locust swarm.

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I live in a world of irrational fears but bugs are not a part of it. If I see a spider on the wall or a bug in my house it's no big deal and I just let it go its own way.

I live in an area with very few dangerous insects so this may have something to do with it. If something like ants get too populous I go for the Antex, but other than that, I try not to kill any bugs. They have a purpose and we need them for balance in our ecology.

I do freak a bit when a bee flies right at me, but live and let live, I would never kill a bee even if it was in my house. (trap and release)

A friend had a large snake (6 footer) that I let sit on my shoulders and I must admit that instinct inside me wanted to kill that snake or get it away from me any way I could. I think that was a case of survival instinct because I felt its grip on my arm and knew it could choke the life out of me if it got around my neck.

It amazes me how many bug killing sprays you can get at the garden centre when bugs are really not that big of a problem, at least where I live.

I have a reason to fear mosquitos due to West Nile Virus but they have never instilled any fear in me...... strange.

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nventual
I'm truley scared of bugs too. I hate them. I've never held a worm or any bug like that. The only bug or insect I'm not afraid of are ants.

LOL! Me too! Well, except I'm not afraid of flies and tiny bugs (such as tiny mosquitos). But when a gigantic mosquito is within my vicinity, I will freak!

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 08:58 PM
link   
HHAHA! yeah i keep hearin about how bigs are twice as big in the Southern U.S. areas, My cousin brought back a MASSIVE fly swatter from Alabama, and i mean it was insane compaired to the ones u can get at the convient store, Easly the size (or a bit bigger) than an average computer monitor screen. And I was told they use those all the time down there cus the Mosquittos are the size of baseballs or somethin :S

I still laugh when i get freaked of bugs, cus when i was a kid, I wasnt scared of ANY creature, well except for the darkness. With fear of the unknown, a child's imagionation, and wild shapes u cant truely make out, all mixed togeather, you have one crazy and horiffying mess.

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Forsaken Druid
HHAHA! yeah i keep hearin about how bigs are twice as big in the Southern U.S. areas, My cousin brought back a MASSIVE fly swatter from Alabama, and i mean it was insane compaired to the ones u can get at the convient store, Easly the size (or a bit bigger) than an average computer monitor screen. And I was told they use those all the time down there cus the Mosquittos are the size of baseballs or somethin :S

Well, I've seen flies thats amost an inch in length. Mosqis, the largest on I seen is only about 3/5 of an inch.

Trust me. If you see pests that size, in a swam, you'll run.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 04:02 AM
link   
IF YOU WANT FEAR TRY HAVING A FREAKING WOLF SPIDER THE SIZE OF TEXAS JUMP ON YOU WHEN YOUR RIDING ON A HWY AT 50MPH!!!! NOOOOOOTTTT FUUNNN!!! I TRIED OPENING THE DOOR TO THE CAR BUT MY MOTHER STOPPED ME. Spiders and me do not mix well. LIving here in florida is hell cause we constanly get big ones.

BTW the real size was more like a size of a drink coaster (Legs and stuff). PRETTY HUGE

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Silverfish, Cockaroaches, Centipedes, anything the moves super fast and has long feelers. EEWEWWWEWEWEWWWWWW!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 05:00 PM
link   
HAHAHA i hear you guys, I love wolves, but i cant stand spiders, and one with a name like wolfspider just freakes me out even more.

I hear ya on that man, ANYTHING that has more ligaments than i do, I do not want around me PLZ!!

I think im gonna move somewhere cold, where there is cold, there is not many bugs.......demon bugs >

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join