It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's this triangular aircraft in the skys on google map?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 08:01 AM
link   
There are at least 3 more if you keep looking around, this is wierd.

And what's even more wierd is this.
What the heck makes a satellite do that?!!!

[edit on 15-7-2005 by Nventual]

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Some more.
Click
Click
Click

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I think you're putting to much into this.

Its the edge of the "sat" photo where it's not perfectly square and mating not quite perfectly with the adjoining pic.

You see a dozen more all over this area if you look around. Three to the immedeate NE.

Cheers.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I'm no photographer, but maybe microscopic chips on the lens caused by space dust.
And each chip reflects as the sun is at the same angle.

Sanc'.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Well, I have a couple of theories here. One is that this image was scanned in and vectorized in which this might be a tear in the photograph.

The other is that this is some sort of mechanism to highlight "tick" marks or reference points that are surveyed in on the ground before the aerial is taken. If you have ever seen the white "L" shaped things on the side of the road, thats what they are. At the point, they have a tack drivin and a position x,y,z referenced. This allows the photo to be assigned a coordinate system and placed on a grid system. Once 4 corners and the center are referenced, the entire photo is vectorized.

Other than those two, I have no idea what the object could be other than a reflection of the sun off a high reflective surface.

[edit on 15-7-2005 by astrocreep]

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 10:03 AM
link   
It is a lens flare, they show up everywhere and they look very simmilar. That one happens to be the largest I've. On google maps my neigbour has a shed with a aluminum roof that produces a HUGE lens flare that looks very simmilar to that one on google maps. Notice the colours above the flare. It's a lens flare and nothing else, 100% guarenteed. As for the glow in the cloud, that is caused by the lens flare forming a corona as the light passed through the cloud and into the satalite. Just as if you had a point light source in a fog, it will form a corona.

Also, wouldn't a top secret, triangular shaped aircraft have anything better to do then fly over residential Montreal? It casts no shadow considering it's attitude. It did create a corona so it's below the cloud so it wasn't that high up.

[edit on 7/15/2005 by GoldEagle]

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Some really strange suggestions here, I will debunk them:

Hanglider:
-------------
You try and pilot a hanglider at that height, to be that close it must be too high up for a human to pilot it.

Flag pole
-----------
Not 10000++ feet up in the air.

Rooftop of aliminium reflecting the sun
--------------------------------------------------
I could agree on this if it was in just one air photo, but its in several of them at many locations. Unless its a mobile aliminium roof I would say no.

Lens flare
-------------
Might be, but still strange that it is only in this visinety, never seen that kind of error in a Google map image before, and I have seen a few ;o)

AND! The reason the object is seen in several locations is because Google maps are a mosaic of several air photos or sattelite images taken at different time intervals, wich might be just minutes apart. So that would accound for the same object at several locations.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by anorwegianguy1972
AND! The reason the object is seen in several locations is because Google maps are a mosaic of several air photos or sattelite images taken at different time intervals, wich might be just minutes apart. So that would accound for the same object at several locations.

It would account for the same effect (reflections) at different locations. You can see the same effects on the images from solar observatories like the SOHO satellite. The cameras are digital and you get pixel bleed when the sensors are overloaded by a very bright object - hence the jagged edges. It's most likely pools of water reflecting the sunlight.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I've got loads of sattelite pictures and this anomaly crops up alot especially over populated areas. It's a refelction of a pane of angled glass. Sometimes its a house with a weird roof window thing going on, sometimes it's a car....but that's all it is....have seen this so many times.

You ever seen anyone hang-gliding over flat populated areas before? No, of course not. Severe lack of take off site, not to mention scary highways and airport below.

Look around on google maps...you find plenty of these. Like someone said, there's an identical one if you scroll north east of this one.

R

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join