It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's this triangular aircraft in the skys on google map?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Click.

I would think it was added in later, but it's even reflecting the sun light off it and looks like it's shiny.

Closeup.

It's not a bird or anything, because as far as I know birds aren't made out of shiny material.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Its a plane.

If you roll down on the map some you will notice a big airport with more of them.

Simple.

lol

[edit on 15-7-2005 by ElectricCrow]

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 05:42 AM
link   
But it's triangular..

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Yes, it's a V wing set.

Scroll down and look at the other planes, they look the same but without the slight distortion due to movement.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 05:55 AM
link   
From what I can tell the planes in the airport look alot different than the V shaped object in the picture. I'm not saying that it's not a plane. I would just like to see a picture of a plane that's V shaped and looks the same as the object.

I dont see the slight distortion that you're describing either it looks normal to me.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Looks like a hanglider to me

[edit on 15-7-2005 by Sariel]

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 05:57 AM
link   
That's exactly what I was thinking but then I wasn't sure if hangliders had metal to produce that kind of a reflection.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Well i would guess that they have some sort of metal frame ? I know absolutely nothing about hangliders myself,it just seems a similar shape to what i would associate with one.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 06:08 AM
link   
I guess it could be the pole sticking out of the top like in this picture.

Here's the link - www.fly-park-almunecar.com...

[edit on 15-7-2005 by Vheod]

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Yeah looks like you have solved it

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Dam, I dont think that is a hanglider. Are these pics IR or just monochrome? If IR - its generating quite a bit of heat which isn't dispersing to form a trail (as you would see with a jets exhaust). If just monochrome - if possible check any shadows versus objects to see where the light source is coming from (IE sun) and if the 'hanglider' is reflecting light directly at the camera (but then wouldnt there be some form of lens flare if this light is that bright to reflect back to orbit?). Just some thoughts.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 06:49 AM
link   
The shape is not very well defined, and although it looks more like a glider than anything else, its very shiny. Could just be a big reflection of light on a plane, but then again, its a V shape.
Or, it looks like a poor photoshop, but i doubt anything like that would be on google maps.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I don't think hang-gliders would be allowed to fly so close to a large airport.

They are also generally a delta wing, not a V like that. It's very odd, you can see the objects on the ground underneath clearly so the fuselage isn't just blurred out by movement, it looks like it's just a flying V.

From Venus?

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 07:07 AM
link   
I'm in no way leaning towards this being a normal airplane. Come on, it's a V shape.

A hang-glider, I don't know. I suppose it could be, it just looks too shiny.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 07:13 AM
link   
This is an airplane in google maps. Do you notice the difference between that and the V aircraft?

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Looking at it in Google Earth, which allows you to zoom in to ground level, with distortion, since it uses the same photos that Google maps does, it looks like something highly reflective that's flaring the image into that shape. If you check it in Earth you can see it's not symetrical and has jagged edges. Also right at the apex you can see something reflecting sunlight.

I'm looking at it from 357 feet altitude.

[edit on 15-7-2005 by jimragan]

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Yep, it's a reflection. You can even see a prism effect at the apex. Probably a pane of glass perfectly aligned with the satellite.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 07:33 AM
link   
That is NOT a hangglider.

If this is a hangglider, then where's the "pilot"? I see no person hanging beneath it, no legs that come out in the back. Besides; the altitude from where these pics are taken will "distort" perspective, and that object is faaaaar up in the air. At least for being a hangglider. Any other ideas?

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 07:40 AM
link   
An anomaly of some sort. There's an almost identical one if you scroll north east.

Sanc'.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 07:49 AM
link   
It also lacks shadow, so I would definitely put it down to somekind of reflection.

Well done sanctum.

I'm beggining to think this has something to do with the optics and the effect a direct reflection may have on them.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join