It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lech Walesa on France

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Lech Walesa made a great statement regarding France, and I think it applies to much of Western Europe today:

"Why the heck did they for so many years encourage Poles to build capitalism when as it turns out they are communists themselves?"

—Lech Walesa, the former Polish president and union leader who helped topple his country's communist leadership, on the French and their fear of competition from Polish laborers willing to work for lower wages

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Lech Walesa made a great statement regarding France, and I think it applies to much of Western Europe today:

"Why the heck did they for so many years encourage Poles to build capitalism when as it turns out they are communists themselves?"

www.msnbc.msn.com...

The French are not communists. France is ruled by the UMP party (the Gaullist party). And will be still ruled by the UMP party, because the UMP party's candidate for president, Nicolas Sarkozy, has the biggest chance of winning in the next presidential elections.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Much as I appreciate Lech Walesa's personal bravery and involvement in freeing Poland from Russian domination (and later the Polish communist party's single party state) if he is claiming France or any other western European country is 'communist' then he evidently has no clue about what he is talking about.

(But then since when was LW an expert on the politics of the rest of Europe anyway?)

I also think anyone who seriously imagines his comments to accurate or informed - as opposed to using them for a silly 'dig' - to also evidently have no clue either.

new topics

join