It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is Fate? Does it exist? Do we determine our path?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 03:00 AM
link   
i dont care if this is an anonymous reply! my name is brendan walters i am a boy living in this world trying to find the answers to the many questions i have.

i do beleive in fate but i also beleive that fate can be changed.
i am not sure if fate is the word that i use to describe the true pain in my life that i keep locked up inside of me. i care abotu the people around me so i do not let out whatever it is this pain i have but i know its there i try to keep all the people i care about happy but all i know is that theres is a pain that every1 feels but as a young boy i think it is unfair that fate or whatever it is has a control over me i know it is there but i think i can change it!

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by DAF

In my opinion, Fate is a part of the greater force that connects us all. it pushes and pulls the infinite towards balance. god in the typical christian sense is linear, a beginning and an end, fate is the opposite, it is circular. the idea of balance, not between "good" or "bad" (which are constructs of our negative side), but between creation and destruction. these can be seen as similar to "good" and "bad" but not so black and white. creation can be both "good" in that life is born, objects or tools that are useful are made, or it could be "bad" in that someone's heart creates a love for someone who doesn't love them back, or a secret one cannot handle is discovered. the labels of "good" and "bad" muddy the water of truth surrounding the divine and even these examples are sketchy at best. destruction like creation is gray. fate is simply change directed in a postive balance of creation and destruction to maintain this. we are very special being human. we have a special connection with "god"/divine/nature. I look at the human and i see an infinitely complex clay that molds with the hands of god (i.e. fate) but god has inspired the flame of self-actualization within the clay so that under the hands of the divine it can CHOOSE to shape itself along with nature. Fate is, in my opinion, change that is part of the natural progress that all things (humans, objects, animals etc.) are a part of.
as humans with our connection to the world around us we are left to become as powerful, or as helpless, as we choose. i define power as the understanding in your heart towards all things as well as the inexorable surrendering to change. i define helplessness as the resistance to change as well as the surrendering to oneself (i.e. you let your ego (the opposite of your true self) control you;ergo what many would term "bad/evil/negative" traits).

fate is a guiding force which we as humans have the choice (and thus the power) to choose to believe (thus giving it the power to affect our lives in the way we want it to, or not). make up your own damn mind. people who believe that "god has a plan and i can just sit and be taken care of" are sadly helpless. even people who are active in their life sometimes become helpless spiritually/in understanding. from what i have found in my heart, if we are to take advantage of the divine we have to work for it, and hard, by letting go of all preconceived notions and accept three things 1)everything changes 2)you can ALWAYS choose 3)the power of Belief. that means everything. this is what is meant by listen to your heart. not what makes you feel good emotionally, not what makes you feel good physically. just what feels "right". people who have ever had a big stroke of luck. thats it. but how do we use this as a guide for life? just let go and not give a #? live lyfe to da fullest? devote your self to one thing? no, only you can figure that out. its different for everyone. we are living in a sea of answers. only your heart has the right questions.

look me up on myspace @ www.myspace.com... if ya want to talk about this some more.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 01:45 AM
link   
umm..Genetic inheritance has NOTHING to do with fate/how you think/what your plans and actions gonna be, they only give you characteristics.... don't sound all smart with scientific words coz u're making it a very very big mistake dude!!!

In my opinion with fate........... I met my boyfriend who had a girlfriend with the same name as me that died 4 years ago... we like the same kind of music, we say the same thing at the same time (not just once), we love each other by the way we are, we do things the same way... we are the same star sign... theres alot of things are so alike and we met in a mmorpg -.-; i'll say we're fated together? Thats what we feel~

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Listen to me..........

All things are possible in our lives; in that, everything that we can possibly experience has already been written out.........each plane of action is there for our taking............it's up to us which plane we wish to act out. It's like the universe is a book w/ many pages and it's up to us which page we would like to read, act out, experience, etc. We have been programmed by many, many generations to act and behave certain ways.........it doesn't matter........those who have made rules in the past are human, just like we are........they are no better or worse than we are.....they are not greater or lesser than we are....we are all able to come up with or attain the great perspectives of living or life. Our greatest defeats are preconceived notions...........living our lives based on what people tell us........telling us how we should live.........what rules to live by........any rules in general.........basically rules are made to keep the masses in somewhat control........and that's a partial necessity..........society w/o rules would lead to chaos....................a large majority of the people on this planet want.........need to be lead, ruled, etc.........most don't want to think for themselves......they want to be told what to do.........especially with regards to the most important things, religion, politics, sexuality, etc.......surprisingly, the most important aspects of their lives........go figure!..........when I say that all possibilities are written out, I mean that it's like standing in front of the woods and seeing many trails........all trails lead to a different adventure........they are already there for our taking.......it's up to us to choose which trail we would like to experience..........the funny this is..........is that, eventually, we will undoubtedly experience all of those trails.........whether we believe it or not............there's nothing else but to experience everything!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 04:35 AM
link   
I believe in fate. I don't think that fate is so blatant however that we would even recognize it if it slapped us in the face.

Who's to say that there aren't a thousand paths to choose from. All will result "getting" to a certain point as a person. Each path however teaches different things and it can take years months days hours...or even an entire lifetime to get to one point. This means that while fate sets the "check points" we control the progress.

Again I think fate is extremely subtle. Living life to the best of one's abilities, learning, sharing, facing fears, loving and grieving are all part of the experiences.

Sitting on yer duff and waiting for fate to act is as stupid as sitting back and waiting for god to act. We have to act in order for our fate/destiny to be realized (in part or in whole).

believing in fate and destiny to me is just a sign of a person who considers all actions they take as relevant and meaningful. They see relevance in other people, chance meetings, learning, grief, trauma...whatever. They give meaning to all action and occurance around them. Deep people.

Some take it to extremes, and others just marvel at the hows and why's of the things that happen.

Others attribute it to god or other deities, angels, spirits, aliens, NWO.....

Just people trying to make sense of the world and their lot in it.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by XPhiles

What?. yeah thats called adapting to outer stimuli things that happen like a different environment. changing the way we live to stay on top of the food chain, not pre planned genetic make up. if that were true we could not adapt thus become extinct.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I understand where you are coming from but think of it this way: it is not that we are neccessarily programmed already...for we are not robots. It is more in the sense that by living our lives everyday through our heart and soul, we will naturally lead ourselves to a place where we're meant to go. I do believe that we have the power to do whatever we want and change almost whatever we want. But what happens in our lives happen for a reason. We all have a purpose or purposes, but that does not neccessarily mean that we all may find that purpose in life. Maybe t has happen that not everybody really served their purpose, and maybe it has happened that some of us have served that purpose, whether aware of it or not. I think that this topic is so broad and it is connected to so many different things. Overall, to sum this all up, I do believe in fate. Fate is what we make of our lives...where we and a higher being want us to go; where we should go. And if we live everyday with our hearts and do what we think is best for us, fate will lead us to our destination.

LA

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join