It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

harry potter...keeping postal workers working

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 10:48 PM
link   
my father works in a postal office in NY...

tomorrow (friday the 15th of July), he must work (on his day off) because of the new harry potter book that is being released...

is this mad or what

i guess you can add this to the harry potter conspiracy list

if there is even a list

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 10:55 PM
link   
haha oh my.

Imagine the money the author is making.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Now that is funny, I cant wait for the new book tommorrow, so I guess Im guess I am giving your poor dad more work.

Big thumbs up for they see ALL dad, doing the patriotic thing.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zanzibar
Now that is funny, I cant wait for the new book tommorrow, so I guess Im guess I am giving your poor dad more work.

Big thumbs up for they see ALL dad, doing the patriotic thing.

that was niiice...

i hope you enjoy the book

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Hey, that year before GoF came out, there was a serious dip in the reading amount among young children. The reason?

No Harry Potter book that year.

You can say she has a pretty big effect on people. Richest woman in England.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dulcimer
haha oh my.

Imagine the money the author is making.

I read in the newspaper today that Rowling is worth over a billion dollars.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by DragonsDemesne
I read in the newspaper today that Rowling is worth over a billion dollars.

If that's the case, then she's about to be worth another billion....

Good for her

I do think it's a bit loony though - I love Harry Potter and can't wait to get my hands on this one, but the sensationalism is just a bit too much.....I mean, when Walt Whitman released his eighth edition of Leaves of Grass where were the people waiting in lines with long gray fake beards and cowboy hats?

I guess it's good to know that this is all being done as a pro-literacy campaign....At least the US Postal Service still has its heart in the right place....

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I just got back from my local Borders, absolute MAYHEM!!!!
JK Rowling just raked in a few millions tonight alone.

at least I got my copies too. I was number 9

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 03:07 PM
link   
She went from a single/unemployed mother in the 1990s to a BILLIONAIRE!!!!!

Damn, and I thought that was the AMerican dream!

I got my copy!!!!! Surprised there wasn't a Tickle Me Elmo fiasco with mothers beating each other to get one.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Too f****** right we were working, nearly 2,000 books went through the NWMMC (North West Midlands Mail Centre) on the shift i work! as far as i know everyone got to everyone too

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I actually really love her story. That someone could do something so amazing like she has with a book, it's really great. Helping kids read the world around, and she's raking in the money - it just goes to show you the power of literacy.

Nothing else has this power. Except video games.

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I have to admit, I dont' think I would want to be a mail-person when they release the next one. I know a lot of people who are refusing to start reading the series until they announce the release date of the final book. So, add those to the people already reading it, those that just got started after the hubub from this last one, the kids just getting old enough to start them, and the next release is going to be even greater.

Do they have to start an extra workout program for the mail people? Particularly those that walk several blocks. More than a couple of those books and MAN! That bag could get way heavy.

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ariande Tau
I have to admit, I dont' think I would want to be a mail-person when they release the next one. I know a lot of people who are refusing to start reading the series until they announce the release date of the final book. So, add those to the people already reading it, those that just got started after the hubub from this last one, the kids just getting old enough to start them, and the next release is going to be even greater.

Do they have to start an extra workout program for the mail people? Particularly those that walk several blocks. More than a couple of those books and MAN! That bag could get way heavy.

Nope they dont in the UK, there arent that many in retrospect to the amount of postmen/women. and all in all the books wont add much more weight to the amount they have to carry anyway

top topics

join