It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Undersea Costal Surveillance System (UCSS)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Mission

Undersea Coastal Surveillance System (UCSS) is a detection and tracking tool that puts your fleet at the forefront of coastal defense

Features

Modular Design. Tailors sensors to the application without redesigning the basic system, lowering nonrecurring engineering costs.
Flexible Design. Integrates next-generation magnetic-and electric-field nonacoustic sensors into arrays to meet detection reqruirements.
Proven Hydrophone Design. Provides a low-cost, reliable method for acoustic energy detection in the smallest, least complex package available.
Commercial-Design Fiber-Optic Cables. Leverages lower cost cables for longer life and higher reliability.
Optical Telemetry. Provides high dynamic range and bandwidth for flexible, extendible, real-time, multi-plexed, digital data transmission.

source

I think this system is a wonderfull system, I think it eliminates having a huge net of sensors, with just a couple reliable systems checking a certain amount of area. What do you guys think?

Mod Edit: all caps title only.

[edit on 14-7-2005 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I personnaly think more nations should buy these systems, we should have a intell net all around the worlds oceans. But then again we do have satalites, but still these could detect subs to.

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 07:28 AM
link   
the system your refering to is already in place. Its goal is to detect tsunamis. although you have a good point there. I guess it could be modified to detect submersibles.

new topics

join