It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Next Blackout

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 03:24 PM
link   
When do all of you think there be another blackout? Or do you think there will be another one? I believe that the recent balckout was just a test. And that they are going to blackout a more massive area of the US next. And very soon.

Nightwalker

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I thought about that being a possibility, and it certainly still is. I heard Fox reporters saying how a lot of Iraqis were probably smiling about the blackout, seeing how the American people like it. Then, a couple of days later, Al Quada takes credit for it saying it was a gift for the Iraqis. I smell stink!

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Al Queda also said they can't say how they did it because they're going to use it again in the near future. On CNN's "after the break" preview they we showing a clip from a gay pride parade while talking about Al Queda...

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 11:53 AM
link   
The next blackout will be a world blackout

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a world blackout, now that would be something....

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 11:55 AM
link   
And it could be possible to pull it off.

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a world wide blackout possible, but i don't think it will happen thou

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
a world wide blackout possible, but i don't think it will happen thou

Al Queada have members all over the world you know and with the amount of money OBL and Saddam have it would be no problem at all.

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 12:01 PM
link   
i think bin laden is just a tool for whoever is in power..

it wouldnt supprise me if the next leader of iraq, becomes a tool or a scapegoat for something....

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 12:04 PM
link   
A tool maybe, but a great leader in extreme Muslim world and a rich b'stard too.

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 12:08 PM
link   
well yeah, the followers dont know they are being used, and they look upto him..

i just think all these so called terrorists are just pawns, doing the powers that be's bidding...

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Not only are they pawns they are idiots too believing that when they die 7 virgins will be waiting for them in heaven ,thats the stupidist thing i've ever heard.

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I would point out that Whispers predicted an attack on NYC, however rather than a mass casualty attack, it would be something to cause mass chaos (does the blackout qualify????)

Technically speaking, blackouts are very easily precipitated if you have a group of operators who are technically versed in the power grids. New safeguards are in place to prevent such cascading outages, so an operator would have to know how to overcome those safeguards but it would still be very possible.

(Notice that even though safeguards are in place, it happened, and they are not talking about WHY it happened??? Like maybe someone DID overcome those safeguards, and they dont want that to be public knowledge?)

Also, most North American power grids are isolated into regions, meaning that a cascading power outage would only affect one region and likely not spread across the country. This would require that a large number of experienced operators nation wide, able to coordinate power outages in major regions all at the same time.

Again, not easy, but possible.

new topics

top topics

join