It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sounds like a demon to me..

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I was told I could get more answers if i put the thread on cryptology instead of the Paranormal one i ususally do.

Alright......

I know there have been threads about ppl hearin voices in their heads and stuff. And when i was a little boy i even herd a voice everytime I went to sleep on my grandmother's coutch.

But this time was different though, It was REALLY weird.

I just got done talking to my girlfriend and at like 1:30 in the morning i started to drift to sleep. Since I dont have air condicioning in my room, I leave the air conditioning on in the living room, have a fan right next to my open door so it blows the cold air in.

And I was fallin asleep, and all the sudden i hear this.....Growl type roar thing. First thought someone could say was "could have been a animal?" I have no pets, and i swear i NEVER herd anything on this plain that sounded so lol scary. So i Jerked my body up, looked around, and then saw somethin move in the darkness outside of my door. At that time i didnt know if I was seein stuff formed from my own fear, or actually something out there. After i saw somethin in the darkness move 2 times, I went out to investigate, naturally I found nothing.

Honistly, i cant discribe it what so ever, the only evidence i have on it is that I herd a sound i cant discribe and freaked me out for a good while. I say Demon cus I felt negativity when i woke up, and i swear i felt somethin starin at me when i arose from my sleep. And the only being i know that can give a human fear and leave behind a stench of negativity is A demon since such monsters thrive upon fear and negativity of others.

I dont know if this would make any importance but I live kinda close to a buisy street. But once again it didnt sound like ANYTHING i have ever herd. I tried to rationalize myself many times, thinkin it was a car, or some type of a nightmare or somethin. But after an hour or 2 of contemplating, i have found nothing.

if it makes any importance:
A day or 2 I began writting in a old story I made 2 years ago, and instead of writting about the hero, i began talkin about the evil characters and how the darkness could be considdered better than the light and bla bla bla.

IF any of you guys could help me out with this or simply give ur opinion i would be MUCH appreciated.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 07:23 PM
link   
That sure would scare the hell out of me!!!

You seem to know a fair bit about the occult! Have you ever meddled in magik? I have heard of a great many cases where experiences like yours are the result of increased communication between our world and theirs. This can either be caused by someone with a slight gift or can also and more commonly be caused by rituals and invocations.

I'm afraid also that the mind is a very powerful thing and if you have spent hours thinking about Evil characters then you might just have accidentally prepared your mind for such an experience. This could just be an expression of your writing!

Personally though, given that perception is our only link to reality, it's all pretty much the same! You had a mighty nasty experience there! You will be ok I'm sure and remember that, aside from asking for real trouble through certain invocations and riuals, you should be fine! It didn't seem to want a confrontation!

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Thats interesting.

Did you actually see something (a figure) in the dark? Or did you just sense some kind of movement?

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Cereal, I sensed somethin, i didnt actually see it, i could just sense the direction it was at, unfortunatly nothing more.

Kupios, Yeah I enjoy learning about the occult, thank you for your comment. No i have never meddled in majic, I see it as: Since i dont know much about it, I choose not to mess with it. My sister is Wiccan, but has not done any spell casting in quite some time i believe.

Yeah I hear the same cases of novices in the majic arts think they are masters and try to summon something they cannot control. As i said earlier i used to be able to hear a voice when i was a child, but they stoped A LONG time ago and no reason to do it again.

Indeed the mind is a very powerful object, in thus as i like to say " Like love, it can be the shield you wield to combat darkness, or it can be the blade that pierces into your soul". I havent spent HOURS thinking about it, but i did find it alittle disturbing that i could think of such things for them to say, just like commenting on how the darkness is better than the light and bla bla bla. It kinda felt like I was the Yin and Yang of my characters, one that is A warrior of light, and another that tryies to corrupt him. I would not be supprised if it was an expression of my writting.

Lol yeah man, im glad it didnt want a confrontation. I know i would be even more scared of it was somethin I conjured up with black arts. Glad i dont to that stuff man. Yeah, ill be fine im sure. it happened a few nights ago.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Sounds like you were just scaring yourself to me. I mean, it was late, you were tired, it was dark, you said you were just writing about villains or what not, you were by a busy street which I assume has many types of vehicles driving on it. It could have been anything. Everybody imagines things when they are tired, I'm sure it was nothing at all.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Turbonegro I hear ya man,

Yeah thats what im thinkin, but the fact that i do that all the time and it NEVER happened to me before kinda freaked me out, ud think that if that was the case then i would have herd it several times. but, hey crap happens I suppose

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 12:27 AM
link   
The crazy growling noise could have been simply cats mating.
That is one of the most disturbing sounds one could ever hear.
Besides maybe your grandparents getting jiggy.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 12:32 AM
link   
HAHA!! Legalizer, thats awsome man lol. Usually there are no cats around and this was NOO cat noise i assure you to the utmost certainty. Unless it was some kind of hell cat or somethin. and it didnt sound far away, it sounded as if it were RIGHT next to my ear. even though it was only for 1/2 a second, it was LOUD, like the noise raddled and echoed in my brain.

And just to say, My grandmother is a widow on my mother's side, and on my father's side both grand parents are not living. But good Imagionation

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 12:45 AM
link   
you were "falling asleep" umm pre-concionus (howevever you spell it b4 you start dreaming) dream... like fallling off a building then grabbing your bed and kinda jumping i do that all the time... couldve a pre-coniciaof nightmare...

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Yeah i was thinking about that, it seems the most logical answer. cus i closed my eyes, relaxed more, THEN i herd it. sounding like it was inside my head >.< or REALLY close to it. but thanks for your input inspiringyouth, and i think u may be talking about a Lucid dream.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I agree with inspiringyouth, if this were a neg (negative entity), then you and others would have had other experiences in the house.

It has happened to me before, not the hearing or seeing things, but that negative feeling upon waking from a particularly disturbing dream.

You say you live close to a busy street? Well in an altered state of consiousness cars in the distant have been known so sound like very close roars or growls. It affects the sounds.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I dont know. I could of been your imagination. Ive had similar things happen to me & it was my imagination.

If its not that it could be one of those lil trolls that live underground & pop out when they wanna. I forget their names, but I read about them bothering some Budist Monks in their wine cellar or something.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I can say that demons do look for opportune moments. Whether that means alpha-state (right before going to sleep), sleep itself or a particularly vulnerable moment while awake, it's a perfect time to strike because if it can be 'explained away' then it makes their presence less believable except to their intended target. Even the target themselves may be able to 'rationalize' them away, leaving yourself exposed to another attack. In fact, if they can turn you on yourself, to make you think you hallucinate a lot, hear voices, are traumatized or are just plain crazy, another point goes into their corner and you're now even more weakened.

What is a demon? Dunno, nobody here can say for sure, but trust your senses and pray to God for what you need be it for information or protection. You'll get the answer you need.

Pray, train, study,
God belss.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God
I can say that demons do look for opportune moments. Whether that means alpha-state (right before going to sleep), sleep itself or a particularly vulnerable moment while awake, it's a perfect time to strike because if it can be 'explained away' then it makes their presence less believable except to their intended target. Even the target themselves may be able to 'rationalize' them away, leaving yourself exposed to another attack. In fact, if they can turn you on yourself, to make you think you hallucinate a lot, hear voices, are traumatized or are just plain crazy, another point goes into their corner and you're now even more weakened.

What is a demon? Dunno, nobody here can say for sure, but trust your senses and pray to God for what you need be it for information or protection. You'll get the answer you need.

Pray, train, study,
God belss.

ermm... Wouldnt a demons presence be more intended to a larger purpose... A haunting most probible or a certain someone cursed satan..?
Like i said an "alpha-state or lucid dream" can seem very real and horrifying i had one once aswell a year or 2 ago where there was a demon in a corner chanting at e and i couldnt resist his words...

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Faceless, I understand what ur sayin man and my logical mind agrees with you completely, but the fact that I was the only one awake-falling asleep. I mean ive had some freaky dreams and stuff, but even living close to a buisy street, the fact that i was doin my normal routine like ive done for atleast a moth or 2, and THEN it happened, i did the same routine the day after it happened, and nothin like that happened again. I can understand what ur sayin about the cars and buisy street. but the sound wasnt distant. it sounded like the noise rattled inside my brain or if someone were to come up to your ear centimeter away from their lips touchin it, and Scream. Thats the volume how it sounded.

jonSUN, it very well could be my imagionation. I still hold that up as an option, my logical mind combating my abstract mind. and Ive never seen a troll yet alone herd it living in a metropolis like Chicago, but stranger things have happened i suppose.

saint4God, your words are kinda what my Abstract mind is telling me. I mean, out of the 2 ppl living with me in this appartment, my mother and my step father, I would be the best canidate for a demon to attack it would seem. and going to sleep and waking up are both very vulnerable states of the human mind, body, and soul. And it is a Demon's joy to confuse their victim and have them say a story that few people believe. Yes if i was a creature of darkness i would love to have my victim turn against himself. for as saint said, it would make that demon all the stronger.

My senses have rarely lied to me, and I trust them very well, expically the senses that are beyond the average 5. I do not say I know it was a Demon or shadow-like creature, nor do I toss aside the thought. I just place it as an event that I am aware of. Regardless, what logical or abstract theory i can conjure, i know that This event is no coincidence what so ever, and I do not doubt this (or somethinh similar) will happen to me again some time in the future.

I thank you for your words and opinions

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Forsaken Druid
Cereal, I sensed somethin, i didnt actually see it, i could just sense the direction it was at, unfortunatly nothing more.

id think of it more fortunatly lol, i wouldnt want to come across anything if i were you

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 07:21 AM
link   
This, i suppose, could be in regards to magic practicing and things of that sort. Anything like charms could cause demons to come around. It could be a book about something dealing with demons or something occult (see this definition. Many people have a misconception as to what the occult really is). There is almost anything that could cause demons to come around. Think about if you've purchased anything from a store that sells used things (ex. thrift store, pawn shop, knick nack shop, antique shop.. you get the idea). If you've purchased something that someone who had demons visiting them or practiced some sort of magic, that object could bring along demons with it.

About a year ago a friend of mine purchased a childrens book about a monster in the closet. The next few days after she'd purchased it her closet door would open in the night. She didn't think anything of it until it kept happening over and over each night for about two weeks. She would get up in the night to close it and it would open up a few minutes later. She had a room mate who slept in the same room who witnessed the same thing. The closet was closed all the way each time, so she knows that the door wasn't just loose on it's hinges. This door was surely not loose on it's hinges, you could not open or close this door by pushing it and letting it close from there. You had to guide it all the way otherwise the paint on the hinges would stop it from moving. She began to wonder if the book had something to do with this occurance and got rid of it. Since then she had no problems.

i normaly would disregard someone telling me a story like that but the girl who told me was not someone who is superstisous or gets the kind of ideas in her head. i was surprised to hear her even suggest that was the cause of the door opening like that at night.

[edit on 7/22/05 by flipjargendy]

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Same thing happened to me when I was about 20-23. I've always been interested in the occult and have dabbled in it as well. I was experimenting with hallucinogenics in this perios as well. Just curious, have you been using any hard drugs? Not a joke, but it's just a theory of mine that a greater residual effect surfaces when harder drugs are used, then abruptly stopped.

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by MajesticJax
Not a joke, but it's just a theory of mine that a greater residual effect surfaces when harder drugs are used, then abruptly stopped.

That's not a bad theory at all, i've thought that for a long time drugs could cause this to happen. Certain tribes communicate with spirits with the aid of hallucigens or other types of drugs.

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 03:28 AM
link   
well flipjargendy, that is a wild story, There are things around my room that i have bought from used book stores and stuff, but i havent bought anything recently, cus im too broke to purchas anything lol. But it IS a good theory

and MajesticJax, no man i dont do drugs, never have, never did. Found em to be a waste of time. but once again thanks for your theory.

<<   2 >>

join