It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Warhammer - omgarsh

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Theres probably a bunch of die hard Empire fans out there; however I AM NOT ONE OF THEM!!!!

WAAAAAGH!!!
dis land ork land!

[edit on 22-11-2006 by Lysergic]

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Video Interview

Gobbo squig herders can hide inside their squig, you then control the squig!

"There is crafting but its all about the war effort, so nobodies making pants, nobodies making bread"

You can also add trophy's to your character such as skulls and the like.

Also you change in appearance as you get more powerful:

- Dwarfs get longer beards (so I can swing them around in the air with it)

- Orcs get physically bigger (waaaghhh!)

Nothing on the pointy eared ones, nor the 'umies...

I might actually get this game depending on what is released about the same time.

[edit on 25-11-2006 by UK Wizard]

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by UK Wizard

Nothing on the pointy eared ones, nor the 'umies...

[edit on 25-11-2006 by UK Wizard]

The elves probably get even sadder and da 'umies, well they're already pathetic as it is 'ay?

I'm gonna have a whole load of elf skulls on me. Bloody elves, poncing around like they own the place.

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Bah! The Empire will ride roughshod over the vile Greenskins!

Bring it on!

(playing EQ2 at the mo...keeps me amused. did Play WoW for a bit, but the crappy crafting, cartoon graphics and 13 yr olds talking in some silly text speak kind of pisses me off......)

EDIT: Anyone actually play the table top games? Seems that the video games are popular, but few admit to collecting the miniatures.

Personally, I collect 40K. Ultramarines and Tyranids specifically...

Anyone else out there going to own up?

[edit on 3/12/06 by stumason]

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Foul Gue'la scum, that's what you are stumason!

I'm afraid your going to have to join the Greater Good or be destroyed.

A Water Caste envoy will be dispatched shortly.

That answer your question?

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zanzibar
Foul Gue'la scum, that's what you are stumason!

I'm afraid your going to have to join the Greater Good or be destroyed.

A Water Caste envoy will be dispatched shortly.

That answer your question?

Tau?

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 11:03 AM
link   
You know it!

Well, sort of. I bought the Codex and some troops, but nothing else. I think the guys with greasy ponytails at the shop put me off a bit.

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I know how you feel!

I have a nice collection of Ultramarines and Tyranids, but even if I go into the shop for a browse, you get pounced on by an uber-geek who gives you a grilling about what you collect!

I personally prefer to paint/collect them as opposed to game with them. Thats probably due to a lack of opponents. I collect two armies so my mate can join in when I fancy a whirl though.

EDIT: Try getting away with painting them with a 3 year old girl running about! She always wants to..... "help"....

[edit on 3/12/06 by stumason]

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 10:09 PM
link   
No necrons -_- where is the fun at then>? lol

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I will finally have 1 warhammer figurine if thats what you call them...

Grumlok and Gazbag come with the collectors edition.

WEWT ME!

I'll get my girl to paint 'em she is the one with the artistic talent.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by UK Wizard
While the game does look, to quote Lysergic "omgarsh", with shield pounding graphics and a world design to make you kill even the cutest Dwarf I'll have to say no.

Many will have the time of their lives playing it but its not for me, sure I'd have fun for a few weeks but it'd wear off when the numbers of player got high and lag began to set in,
when I got fed up of them taking a monthly fee out of my bank account, when I'd walked more in game than I actually had in real life and not to mention when I got fed up of "pawning" Lysergic and Zanzibar time after time due to me being "da biggest baddest orc with da biggest baddest axe".

If the world was fair it'd slap silly WoW into the dark ages and a mighty waaagghhh! would be raised on the old internet against anyone silly enough to be a dwarf.

[edit on 22-11-2006 by UK Wizard]

Do you still feel that way? Da WAAAGH!!! AM HOWLUN LATS NAYM!

ps: me choppa am da biggust agh bubhoshest!!

[edit on 13-7-2008 by Lysergic]

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
If any game can make me jump back into mmo's it will be War Hammer Online... WHO? Just realized that.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I echo that man. I was pretty much done with MMO until I heard about this back in 05...

Well worth the wait, the beta is freaking amazing. Looks so damn good already!

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I've realised after playing Age of Conan that I'm done with the whole fantasy theme of wizards, dwarves & mysterious woodland beasts add to the fact I was never interested in the whole Warhammer thing that I likely won't be touching this.

I'm more a sci-fi person so I'll be eagerly anticipating the newly announced Knights of the Old Republic MMO that Bioware are going to be working on. Along with the Warhammer 40K MMO that's apparantly in the works and in the meantime I'll likely be playing some Wahammer 40K Dawn of War 2 which has some real perty eye candy and I enjoy RTS so it'll suit me down plus I much prefer Space Marines over Wizards & Elves

top topics

<< 1   >>

join