It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Warhammer - omgarsh

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 07:04 PM
link   
MMORPG bore me out of my mind mostly.

/nerd on

but like omfg its Warhammer yo, and Mythic is making it! cause remember Warhammer online was scrapped but now its back cause mythic was all hey omg e3 warhammer!

/nerd off

www.mythicentertainment.com...

have a lookie

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 01:22 PM
link   
guess nobody shares my nerd joy

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Pretty sweet but, I think Ill wait till 2006 to get too excited.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I'd probably get more excited about this if it was 40K, but I don't know how they'd turn that into a MMORPG. Not that I'd want them too. *Goes off to play Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War*

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Thats AWESOME!!! atleast for now it sounds that way... aaah after playing WoW
(my first MMORPG, by the way) I had these visions... I kinda went to bed the other night dreaming wow a warhammer mmorpg would be the bomb... then I go to see whats up on BTS and BAM.. lysergic is the bringer of greatness.

I am grateful.

anyways enough flattery.

I think a 40k rpg would be much cooler, as right now im not too keen on fantasy.

then again, after playing Anarchy online I figured sci fi rpgs seemed real lame.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Go Orkies!!!!!!

Love Warhammer, got my own little Green Army and play against my friend Devin alot. He has SPace Marines, Imperial Guard, and the Necrons. Hate the Necrons, the "I'll Be Back" gets really annoying after awhile cause I can kill a bunch, but then they all come back unless I hit them with something double the toughness to obliterate them.

Anyways, like WH
OW, but really sucks they only had like 3-4 types. No Tau, no Necron, but oh well.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 01:03 PM
link   
www.warhammeronline.com...

Screen shots up, videos up.

[edit on 30-5-2006 by Lysergic]

[edit on 2006/11/20 by Hellmutt]

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 06:58 PM
link   
ha hah ahah

if you havent seen this video you need to dl it, this Paul Barnett guy is hilarious!

www.warhammeronline.com...

watch

September 21, 2006 :

WAR Presentation from Games Convention 2006

Producer Jeff Hickman and Design Manager Paul Barnett give what can only be called “an unorthodox presentation” to throngs of German fans.

[edit on 20-11-2006 by Lysergic]

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Best part of that presentation is when they talk about RvR. Says that end game RvR will be where you get the best loot, and you raid Capital cities, can set them on fire, and say if your an orc raiding the dwarf capital you can capture their king. Take him back to your city and stick him in the stockade and throw tomatos at him. The Dorfs can attempt to rescue him.

I'm not that big of an MMORPG fan as I loose intrest in them very quickly BUT I'm hyped about this game, if you havent noticed.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 03:11 AM
link   
I hated Wow. I hated Guild Wars. I literally cried blood playing Everquest.

But this. It looks amazing. And if everything is true................

[nerd on]

1t will b3 t3h 1337zorz lololololololololol

[/nerd off]

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 03:14 AM
link   
orks am bestest

suppose to be out sometime in 07. . . feels so far away hehehe.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Orks are indeed the bestestestesstestet.

Can't wait to burn me some Dwarves! Then eat some humans. Then fight another Ork and lose! Then become the top level and camp outside the new players base and kill 'em as they leave.

Now that's what I call entertainment.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I doubt it'll be that way, I think there will be safe zones for new players / low level chrs.

Might only be able to raid Capital cities.

However they said there is 4 types of RvR.

Skirmish
"Incidental" combat in the game world.

Battlefields
Objective based battles

Scenarios
Instanced point based, objective based battles with NPC allies; Determine control of a Zone

Campaign
The RvR end game of sacking capital cities.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
I doubt it'll be that way, I think there will be safe zones for new players / low level chrs.

But there's always that small hope that there will be!

Bloody safe areas, denying me fresh n00b meat, it's no fair. I mean, they're n00bs, why do they deserve fun and yet I am denied?

It's outrageous I say! So outrageous, I think I may protest. In-game.

Yeah, that should show 'em.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zanzibar
It's outrageous I say! So outrageous, I think I may protest. In-game.

Yeah, that should show 'em.

lollercaust!

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 01:52 PM
link   
While the game does look, to quote Lysergic "omgarsh", with shield pounding graphics and a world design to make you kill even the cutest Dwarf I'll have to say no.

Many will have the time of their lives playing it but its not for me, sure I'd have fun for a few weeks but it'd wear off when the numbers of player got high and lag began to set in,
when I got fed up of them taking a monthly fee out of my bank account, when I'd walked more in game than I actually had in real life and not to mention when I got fed up of "pawning" Lysergic and Zanzibar time after time due to me being "da biggest baddest orc with da biggest baddest axe".

If the world was fair it'd slap silly WoW into the dark ages and a mighty waaagghhh! would be raised on the old internet against anyone silly enough to be a dwarf.

[edit on 22-11-2006 by UK Wizard]

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 02:15 PM
link   
sorry but i am the most bubhosh

I dont think the lag will be all that bad, unless you are on dial up.

I never really had ultra bad lag on DAoC which was made by Mythic.

the RvR is what intrests me the most, I guess it all goes back to UO addiction, granted I quit that game for EQ, and went back to it after I got fed up with EQ (man that was forever ago!! almost 10 yrs?) then I patiently awaited a UO2 which never happened.

I grew to hate all MMORPGS but this one looks like I could easily loose some rl friends har har

and who'd want to be a stunty anyways?

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 04:59 PM
link   
It seems as if UK Wizard knows what he's talking about! I may have to launch a waaaaaagh! back on you!

Also, it's pwning, pronounced, owning. But of course, you already knew that....................didn't you?

*gives Wizard evil stare*

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zanzibar
Also, it's pwning, pronounced, owning. But of course, you already knew that....................didn't you?

Errr of course I did
do I look like a noob (note noob not newb)

waaaaaghh!

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Hmmmm........I would have spelled it n00b, but then again, I'm not gonna argue because you have the almighty hammer of mighty-smite and I could get

It's a shame that the dwarves are going to get slaughtered isn't it? Such a shame..............................not.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join