It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

That Must Have Been One Heck of a Note

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 05:57 PM
link   
It's hard to imagine what the drive-up teller was thinking when she sent an undisclosed amount of money to a bank robber at a drive-up station at Lasalle Bank in Chicago. The money was sent via a pneumatic tube.

MSNBC

That was easy.

A bank robber behind the wheel of his car Tuesday sent a note through a vacuum tube to the teller at the drive-through window at a branch of Chicago’s LaSalle Bank, and the teller obliged, returning an undisclosed amount of cash, police said.

The exchange was completed through the bank’s pneumatic tube communications system, in which canisters are passed back and forth between motorist and teller.

The FBI said it was investigating the drive-through theft.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 06:05 PM
link   
UMMMM huh?

Didn't this teller have time to inform anyone else of the theft?
Aren't they behind bulletproof glass or something?
That teller is on on the deal or just really really stupid.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I'm banking on stupid, regardless of whether the teller was in on it or not.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I bet it said something like "If you can read this send me X Dollars through the tube."

I love those pneumatic systems, they're the best.

Or maybe the guy brandished something at the teller. Depending on what it was I'd give him the money.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 05:35 PM
link   
The teller was DEFINITELY in on it!

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 03:44 PM
link   
The policy of most banks in the city of Chicago is to go along with the robbery. They are pretty well trained in getting details about the suspects to help police track them down later. It all stems from a couple years of frequent bank robberies back in the late 90's. But yes, the teller didn't think it all the way through.

top topics

join