It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Member groups ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Im not trying to like create a community or anything. I was thinking and I thought that it might be pretty cool to have different groups of members on the board. Kind of like a clan but not exacly. More of like a biker group. Like a buddy system of some sort, nothing for other people to war other people, but just to help out other groups, and give advice to other groups. I thought it would be pretty neat, what do you guys think ?

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Once at ATS, there were clans.

And lone wolves. Only the lone wolves survived.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Art imitates life, eh MA?

I think clans at ATS would be disastrous. It would most likely just exacerbate the rivalries, cliques, and partisanship that's already at 'annoying epidemic' proportions.

My vote is no.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Polarity is a BAD thing. It gives off the "us against them" mentallity. At ATS We should be all US. Just look at any other forum where this happens. You want that here?

I don't.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Yeah thats true,,I didnt really think about that that much. But hey it was a good try. But I can see where yall are coming from now. I just saw it from a different point of view.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by brodband
I just saw it from a different point of view.

Lone wolves can do that with integrity intact.

Irony abounds.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Seems the clans get canned.

But I'll be in the No Clans Clan.

...if I can.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Lone Wolves

Solitary threats harder to hunt

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Hey heres an idea, why don't we just form one giant clan that includes everybody on the board. That way we can say we're a part of a clan without actually being a part of one.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 08:12 PM
link   
But I don't want to be in some giant clam.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 08:27 PM
link   
What clans would bring:

Post Wars
Board Drama
Global Ignore on many
More People leaving then joining
Headaches abound

I say forget it!

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 08:28 PM
link   
wanna join a clan? go play an online video game :p

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I think this would be worse than 1000 board trolls....I vote nay.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Man no one likes this idea and I can see why. As stated by hatchedcross it would bring a lot of things to ATS that is not needed. Maybe if there is some sort of "ATS videogame" then you could make your own clan but it probably won't be endorsed by the ATS staff. Plus, why would there be an "ATS videogame" anyways?

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 09:30 PM
link   

I didnt really think about that that much. But hey it was a good try. But I can see where yall are coming from now. I just saw it from a different point of view.

I have already made my last point.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 10:40 PM
link   
We know you made your point. We were just clarifying various reasons so others that see the thread would know all the downfalls of having it and wouldn't endorse it.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Seeing as I can be assurred that the motion has been defeated by the response tally of this thread..........

........I vote Yes.....

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 11:36 PM
link   
The clan of yes men has arrived.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Well, unless you count the Asala Fan Club, the JAK's Avatar Fan Club, and the A-SP (Anti-Squirrel Patrol), or all the other mod clubs, there are no clans...

the A-SP was just something we all did when we got bored...it was rather amusing...

Yay I can't spell

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Ahh yes, wouldnt these be considered clans ?? Fanclubs/groups

new topics

top topics

join