It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China is ready to use nuclear weapons if U.S. of A joins the fight.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Very well put. Even if China doesn't have enough to wipe out all life on Earth, they've got enough to put the US out of commision, and we've got enough to do the same to them. From what I figure, if a nation can deliever even ten nukes to your nation, it's a potential threat.

[edit on 7/15/2005 by cyberdude78]

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Well those maps of china are ..err.. well disputable..

Anyways All this rubbish abt using nukes is total bull.. Thats a nutcase speaking there.. China won't use nukes on the US.. Infact china has a no-first use policy and I don't think the US has one..
Anyways.. The US won't go nuclear over Taiwan either..
So this whole thread is just a neo-con/republican ATS stimulus.. To "weed" all those crazy trigger happy amerikanske!!
Peace shall prevail... Until the next war starts!!

Ok now me back to my weed!!

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by AtheiX
China is ready to use nukes? So what? The US are ready too. And remember that the US have more nukes. The US have over 10,000 nukes, while China has no more than 50.

Do you know what even *50* `nukes` would do the usa? i`m pretty sure several will be targetted at nuclear power plants - and hitting those will make an area in excess of 100 square miles around it uninhabitable for hundreds of years.

50 nuclear strikes would be devastating for the usa, as for a start the entire medical system would collapse instantly - there isn`t enough beds to cope with burns victims in the entire country to cope with a large fire in 1 city - let alone 50 , and then think about people with high REM doses , ignoreing those with *short term* fatal doeses - but those who have a high dose but could survive with proper treatment - well we are probably going on a few million or more.

how will they be treated?

who will work the land for food? when alot of the population will be *ill* from one reason or another - sanitation will collapse in the effected areas , so there will be outbreaks of diseases eg collara , and with lack of medical services , it`ll be fatal.

you must look at the broader picture , and not just `we got 10,000+ , they`ll never hit us` , well 10,000+ is all well and good , but not when 50 will disable a country as big as the USA.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Do a search with your U.S. Gov you'll see Russia& China have had bunkers to protect 95% of the pop, there many Russia anti=commies that have told USA that Rus has been ready there are many US generals that have stated this also. Here is a CNN conversation with a KGB Defector edition.cnn.com... Now here he is saying revieling Russia IS ready for Nuke War www.worldthreats.com...

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin

China is ready to use nukes? So what? The US are ready too. And remember that the US have more nukes. The US have over 10,000 nukes, while China has no more than 50.

Do you know what even *50* `nukes` would do the usa?

50 nukes is not enough to completely destroy the USA. The USA has over 100 cities that have a population of 100,000. They also have about 200 military bases on their territory.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 04:46 AM
link   
you dont even need 50. spread those 50 nukes or 20 nukes or america and the radiaction will kill the rest off. damage the food producing areas. damage water supplies.

find out what radiation is ok?

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin

Do you know what even *50* `nukes` would do the usa?

50 nukes is not enough to completely destroy the USA. The USA has over 100 cities that have a population of 100,000. They also have about 200 military bases on their territory.

www.johnstonsarchive.net...

have a read - thats 3 hits to the rio grande valley - 3 effects the entire country.

with 50 , the dust cloud will follow the prevailing winds , and if close enough will form into 1 great big umbrella of radioactive dust - thats until its falls back to earth (within an hour of the initial hits) - starting with the heavier particles first.

who will put out the fires at each target? no water pressure , so who will do it?

you must look at the broader picture - yes it takes 1000,`s of nukes to glass the country from one side to the other - but you don`t need that many to eliminate a country.

Radiation - especially untreated will be the killer - more will die from that than from the things going off in the first place.

Also consider this : say China add a bio warhead into the mix? 1 dropped on seattle/LA/ CALI - will kill the city.

[edit on 15-7-2005 by Harlequin]

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 04:57 AM
link   
here are some pictures of beijins underground system. i dont think it could stand a nuclear strike with all the radiation

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 08:02 AM
link   

"We have more nukes"... does that even matter? Seriously what is your point? The dead bodies would be piling up on BOTH SIDES! What are you trying to say with your statement? (my daddy can beat your daddy up)

Does it even matter that the american public in the event of a nuclear war is 100% expendiable? Do YOU think you will be safe from war and chosen to hideout in any of the elite's underground shelters?

THERE ARE NO WINNERS IN NUCLEAR WAR. PERIOD.

Peace

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I'm not sure where to begin here regarding this topic...........

the World's population is being held hostage by governments and large corporations who fuel those individuals in power and the chess peices are thermo nuclear weapons........

Every country, every form of government and every religious system that is either........ intimided by the powers of other countries or............. lack access to the Earth's resources............. are despiratly seeking the leverage of nuclear weapons in order to obtain the status they desire.......

In the US our government and the corporations of free trade have sold out our national security for increased profits and power....

......as a result we have traded with a country like China knowing full well that their economic system is controlled by a communist government that funnels our trade deficit dollars to a military build up while enslaving their own people to the production of such goods to export...

Now the US gambles on "spreading" the good news of free markets to oppressed countries hoping it will break the bonds of the general population from these governements and as a result enchance the spread of democrary.............It is a gamble at best........and we've done it with Tiawan knowing full well that the government behind them is a fast rising nuclear power.......and we are losing the bet and it is coming back to bite us.......

Tiawan uh?.................How much of the computer chip market is dependent on the production of this country?...........we allowed cheaper labor in Tiawan at the risk of losing this market when China decides to step in......

We are in trouble if we lose the market we created in Tiawan as we'd be scrambling to build up the industry that produces products that so much of our economy needs to stand on......................but if we try to preserve that market by confronting China...........well we are in deep crap there too........

Nuclear weapons are insanity..........

Every thinking person fears them..............and every nation state that can builds them up..........

don't you understand that this kind of warfare is not like having the most tanks or planes?

The person on the play ground that has the most "nuclear rocks" doesn't win because they can throw the most rocks..............once one of these rocks on the playground is thrown then the tempation to throw them all at each other exists.......

Just one detonation of a nuclear device (even by mistake) can easily lead to an escalation of Worldwide exchange..........

Nuclear nations are like cowboys in the wildwest all having their guns pointing at each other wondering who is going to pull the trigger first....

and every year more nations (not to mention terrorist too).....are trying to add themselves to this group of cowboys pointing guns at each other.........

The huge problem is that we can't make a mistake or misjudgement, one slip of the trigger and................

What a mess.............the world is becoming too overpopulated......and that population is despirately depleting the Earth's natural resources as free markets result in their becoming a consumer society.............and we use nuclear weapons as our trump cards to leverage the gain of those resources against each other..........

Maybe the human race is really a cancer to this planet.............especially those who have the most to gain in political power and market profits ......

I don't take this Chinese general's hawkish threats lightly............neither do I take N. Korea or the terrorists threats lightly either.................

and the US has probably thrown out a few threats of their own too........

nuclear prolification treaty.................what a joke...........everyone smiles and says they'll do their part and then turns their back and uses those devices to wheel and deal throughout the World........

How disgusting the whole thing is to me...................

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I agree that the statement from this "hawkish" general is indeed absurd. from what i can remember, the first statement made by the previous general is during the 1996 us - china standoff at the taiwan strait when us responded to china's launching of missile by sending a cbg.

For those americans who is starting to say: "why are we supporting China through trade? we should sanction their products!", "they are trying to conquer the world!" and other else, i have a suggestion for you:

CALM DOWN. China is not out to conquer the world! In fact, for those americans who see china as a threat, look who is practically in control of the world now: the US. It is a bit hypocritical for some to say that china is trying to conquer the world when in fact, their own country is doing just that and china is leagues away from its conquering prowess. (for those who do not like the term "US conquering the world", lets use "US LIBERATING the world instead!")

Another issue that is always present when china is the topic here in ats:
China is a slave labor country.

Saying that china is employing "slave labor" for its industry is misleading. Workers in china's industry belt are paid low salaries, that is true. what developing nation isnt? Did the usa start its industrial prowess (and beat the europeans at manufacturing) by offering high salaries? of course not. calling low paid workers being employed as "slave laborers" is exaggerating too much. Given the multitude of people willing to work and the blue collar nature of the job, do you expect them to be paid something comparable to white collar workers. As for china's white collar workers, they are not paid "slave wages" and are indeed earning big money (not as high as western standard of course). Since white collar workers are fewer and in demand, they can command a higher premium. So much for slave labor. I suggest that people who say china is a "slave labor country" go and see some factories in Guangdong province for a reality check. Those supposedly "slave laborers" are already happy that they have a job and a salary at that. Now the real problem is when we view the rural unemployed peasants, but they are not part of the "slave labor" as they do not work.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by SiberianTiger
Do a search with your U.S. Gov you'll see Russia& China have had bunkers to protect 95% of the pop,

How long could 95% of China's population stay down in bunkers, long enough for the lethal nuclear fallout to go away? And besides wanting a 5 kiloton Earth penetrating nukes that could go down hundreds of feet deep, the U.S plans to convert some 1.2 megaton nukes into bunker-busters. They would only go 20-40 feet deep, but would be able to destroy any bunker all the way to 1,000 feet deep. Source - latest issue of Popular Science.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 03:58 PM
link   

CALM DOWN. China is not out to conquer the world! In fact, for those americans who see china as a threat, look who is practically in control of the world now: the US. It is a bit hypocritical for some to say that china is trying to conquer the world when in fact, their own country is doing just that and china is leagues away from its conquering prowess. (for those who do not like the term "US conquering the world", lets use "US LIBERATING the world instead!")

You may be right here ... but unfortunately I think the real problem is more fundmental than that ... IMO it comes down to an ethnocentric predisposition for survival taken to the next level.

Any large institution or entity becomes self perpetuating ... any large institution that is at the top ... particularly so. No add to this the related aspect of the centric bias for "creating the world in one's image" and you have the basis for the historical formation of empires (known today as superpowers).

Simply put, rhetoric aside, the U.S. (present alpha male) sees China as a potential chief competitor (advancing beta male) in the global arena ... and so much like a pride of lions, the Alpha male is always on the lookout for the one that will replace him and send him out to pasture.

Of course, with humans on this level, the stakes are much higher and the outcome more variable ... but the basic principle is still valid IMO.

LCKob

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 04:16 PM
link   

I assure you China is not Bluffing, Russia and China have been ready for nuke war scince 62 while US would lose 95% of it pop, Russsia and China would loos no more than 6% we have underground bunkers though out Russia and China I mean litteraly under neath Malls and stadiums.

Ok, so no more than 6% ok. i remeber in ATS somewhere you said that russia can get 95% of it's pop into underground bunkers in 15 minutes...
that was funny

but now back to debunking that russia and china cannot remove it's 95% of it's pop in 15 minutes, it is just impossible. and if they did. then there will be about 1.2 billion, russia and china's pop with the -6% in pop. now, how do you people plan to feed those 1.2 billion people?

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ulshadow

but now back to debunking that russia and china cannot remove it's 95% of it's pop in 15 minutes, it is just impossible. and if they did. then there will be about 1.2 billion, russia and china's pop with the -6% in pop. now, how do you people plan to feed those 1.2 billion people?

hmmmm ... I likewise find it some what hard to believe that you could get 1. 2 billion people into bomb shelters ... in 15 minutes.

For example, just evacuating 1 building (my workplace) for a fire drill takes about that long ( and we are just going to the adjacent parking lot. This has been practiced many times and there is very little (if any ) time wasted in this process ... and yet it takes between 10 - 15 minutes ( this is for aprox. 100 - 150 staff members.

So, the figure of 95% of the total chinese population into shelters in 15 minutes does strain credulity quite a bit.

LCKob

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 05:17 PM
link   

how do you people plan to feed those 1.2 billion people?

with our massive grain stores.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by chinawhite

how do you people plan to feed those 1.2 billion people?

with our massive grain stores.

You do not have enough, trust me. Those tunnels are nice thoughts but they would not survive several megaton nuclear weapons.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by jetsetter

You do not have enough, trust me. Those tunnels are nice thoughts but they would not survive several megaton nuclear weapons.

i know they wont survive. but im just showing the type of underground tunnels beijing has.(i think i wrote that in my post)

and how china has 350+million tons of wheat/grains. the problem is getting them to the people that need it

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 06:07 PM
link   
The United States government is such a wimp, they responed saying that china is irrespondable. if i was a idiot in washington i would tell them that US will turn china into the world newest largest desert in the world if they even nuke one city lol.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 06:46 PM
link   

The United States government is such a wimp, they responed saying that china is irrespondable. if i was a idiot in washington i would tell them that US will turn china into the world newest largest desert in the world if they even nuke one city lol.

I remember offering a similar sentiment once and the response I got has stuck with me ever since.

"What you describe is the textbook difference between what we are now as a SUPERPOWER... as opposed to what we would have been like as an EMPIRE."

LCKob

[edit on 15-7-2005 by LCKob]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join