It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

The Gods of Golf are Mad at Me

page: 1

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 12:36 PM
this is sickening!!! Everytime I am all set to play golf, set a tee time, and get all prepped and excited for a round of rains!!!!
And if it isn't rain, it's something else, and if it isn't something else, and I actually manage to get on the course, I have an off day.

I blame this all on the gods of golf, I believe I have broken some unseen boundary by getting a Hole in One on the 6th hole on April 23rd, 2005.
There are people who have been playing years and of course much better than I and they haven't had a hole in one. Somehow by me doing this, I have angered the golf gods and they won't let me play.

I am sorry you argyle sock wearing gods, I try not to upset the order of things anymore... just let me play

seriously I hope these dark ominous clouds overhead move on soon, I might still have a chance to get on the course if stops raining and dries a bit by 5pm.

Now listen up golf gods, make it stop...before I throw a tantrum

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 03:00 PM
Come on golf gods, give the gal a chance!

BTW, I've been playing for 25 years and do not have a hole in one. I did get a double eagle in a college tourney, though.

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 06:53 AM
You know, I have this same problem. The last time I played, I was trying to putt, and then these birds start squaking just as loud as they can, and it was very distracting. Needless to say I missed it. :shk:

Maybe the golf gods want a sacrifice?

[edit on 16-7-2005 by JBurns]

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 10:53 PM
Drink more beer....

Ever notice those guys on the course? Or if you're lucky enough, when you try and go solo they'll buddy ya up with one....The guys got a beer in his hand at 8:30 in the morning before he even gets off the first tee....Life couldn't get any better for this man folks...

Shot one - He shanks it to the left into the tree line - He belts out a little laughter mixed with a few curse words and goes onto to shot/beer two.....

80 strokes and one happy refreshment lady later, it's raining - you're miserable.....and your buddy's doing the cha-cha with his putter in the sandbox before he makes his quadruple-boogey attempt on the par 3 at hole number 12.....

Ya just got to put things into perspective WW......

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 11:38 AM
well you have to get up pretty early to get by the gods of golf and I did on Saturday, I managed to get my rounds in right before it got too hot and rained.

I shot 14 over par, but that's okay, at least I got to play!!!

btw... hazards of a Florida golf course

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 11:40 AM
Ha Ha, so true EnronOutrunHomerun, the bad golfers always seem to have the best time!
I used to get stuck behind two old Grannies every morning a couple of years ago, took about 3 hours to get around 9 holes! Thankfully they are not there now, maybe i am timing it better, or maybe they are... umm, dead.

Also worldwatcher, golf in the rain is great sometimes! I shot my best ever score in terrible weather, maybe its worth giving it a try!

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 11:43 AM
I'm scared of lightning and I am not taking any chances swinging a golf club in a thunderstorm...

don't get me wrong, a little sprinkle won't stop me, but this is south florida rain storms we're talking about... not me out there!!

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 03:09 PM
I'll be sure to ask the "gods" to lighten up a bit for you WW.

BTW, Congrats on the Ace... that's awesome...

I have an Ace of my own....

back in 1996, 179 yard, 3 Iron ... The green wasn't visible, only the top of the flag... hit the shot, it felt good, went to the green didn't see my ball, said huh, *jokingly* it must be in the hole... walked over and WHAM..
there it was...

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 03:21 PM
thank you and congrats on your own hole in one.

It is an amazing feeling, we saw it going in from the tee box and I was just floored, couldn't believe it at all.

mines was 120 yards with a 9 iron. it dropped less than 5 inches from the hole and rolled in.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 01:11 AM
hmm.. if you're indian.. well then your home country is pretty badly off on the golf scene too!!
Damn monsoon rains!!

I'm playing in "vietnam" style paddy fields here!!

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 12:51 PM
Well, I've gone golfing once, 9 holes. IT'S HARD!!!

It was scorching out, seriously death defying. The first 4 holes were the hardest other than 9. We, of course, finished 5 when it started to pour. Ran like hell across the entire course to get back before we fried.

new topics

top topics