It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Are The Signs That a House Is Haunted?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 11:39 AM
link   
We moved into this house 1 1/2 years ago.
We moved in 6 months after the woman that lived here died.
She died in this house.
So many things have happened to this house and to me and my husband that its too long to go into right now.
Its been one long sting of bad luck or what ever it is.
Our daughter is telling us to move out of this house .
She thinks it is the house thats causing all of these bad things to happen to us, not to mention all of the problems , one right after the other with the house.
Can someone tell me what are the OBVIOUS signs are that this house could be haunted ?
We need help and advice from someone before we move out .
We are buying this house and it has drained us of every cent we have, even our savings.
Thanks in advance for any help.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Well I may not be entirely right on this but it looks like your just trying to find an excuse thats easy to blame your misfortunes on. I suggest just waiting it out, all hard times end some time. Most of the time houses arent haunted so just try to remember your blessings

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 12:08 PM
link   
How can you say this? You don't live in this house and you certainly don't know what we are going through.
I am not trying to blame this on the house because we do not want to move.
We are in our sixties and I am a Dabetic and my husband has heart problems so do you think we are eager to move?
NO!

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Have you thought about having the house blessed? Or a smudeing cermony to ward of any bad vibes in the house?

I also suggest that you get some crystals and place them around the house and also wear one yourself..

DO you see,feel, or smell anything odd in the house?
Or is it just bad luck since you came there?

It may also be that the lady that died was very attached to the house and really does not want others in there changing things,

This sounds a little daft but have you tryed talking to her?

Also a hint, when you wake in the morning think of your self surrounded be a bright bubble of light, This is a well known means of keeping you safe, Just do this when you wake and when you go to sleep... Also anytimes you feel unsafe in the house,

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Have you tried looking for coldspots, did you ever get the "SpiderWeb Effect" when walking into a room in your home? These are some of the signs that mean the presence of entities.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Thank you for the good advice.
I do at times smell something cooking when I know I'm not cooking anything.
Yes, she was VERY attached to this house. I know this because her daughter lives next door and she and the neighbors have told us how much she loved this house. She lived here for 15 years.
She was an avid gardner.
Since we moved in we have changed the yard by planting new plants, moving some that she had planted and redecorated the kitchen.
Each time we do something to the yard or house something will break, like the plumbing or the ceiling tiles will fly off the ceiling.
She died in the room that I am in right now.
My dog will not come in this room.
He sits at the doorway and stares in here at me.
At this point I'm ready to just stop doing anything to the house.
Yes, I have talked out loud to her.
Her daughter makes me feel very uncomfortable being here.
She is always telling me how her Mother would do things when she lived her.
Her Mother had the interior of this house decorated all in black and white.
We love color so we painted the walls in each room a different color.
I will definetly do the things that you said to do to see if it helps.
It sure can't hurt anything to try.
Thanks again.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 12:38 PM
link   
What is the Spider Web Effect?
I hadn't really noticed if there are cold spots but I will now.
Thanks!

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 12:47 PM
link   
There are some things that can cause a haunting effect.
1) Do you get your water from a well? Often flowing groundwater causes electromagnetic disturbances that lead to hauntings. If you do try sleeping in another room if haunting persists check number 2.
2) Do you have any bad wiring around your bedroom and house? Bad wiring can again cause electromagnetic disturbances linked to hauntings. If you do call an electrician to fix it. If haunting continues see number three
3) Is your house reverberant and dark? Echoes and lack of light is linked to increased paranoia, a side effect of hauntings. If it is invest in carpet and extra lighting to decrease echoes and darkness. If haunting continues do what asala suggested. If that doesn't work, you have a genuine haunting and you should move out

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 12:52 PM
link   
......Maybe its just an old house.

I really dislike old homes, simply because they are full of *problems* to fix, and go wrong. How old is this? Like pre 1900's? Cause if it is, you didnt get a haunted house, you got an old dump.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 01:07 PM
link   
This house was built in 1958.
It is cement block and she took care of reasonanly well.
When we first came inside to look at it everything seemed fine.
It was clean and the walls were painted all white.
It has thick carpeting all thru the house.
The only rooms that are dark are the bedrooms because we like them that way .
There is one problem with the electrical.
Everytime I try to dry clothes in the dryer the breaker flips.
She had a dryer and I know she used it. Why didn't she have this repaired?

Also, As soon as we moved in all the plumbing backed up and we had to have the cement wall knocked out so the plumbers could get to the pipes to replace them. How did she live here with plumbing that bad? The plumber said that this problem didn't "just happen". It had been like that for years!

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Another thing is Keep alog of what happens in the house,
every thing you smell hear ect,, you may see a pattern or at teh least could inquire to the daughter...ie did her mom like to cook?

1. Note the exact time and date when the activity occurred.
2. Make a note of everyone who was present and what they saw smelt or heard. If possible have each witness record their thoughts in their own words.
3. Try and note the weather conditions at the time.

Try getting some sage insence as this will help you can normally get them at most health stores

walk around the house with it making sure you get to the corners and in closests ect.
lol another one is to Clap your hands in all corners of the house lol worth ago

Keep us updated and good luck

[edit on 14-7-2005 by asala]

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 01:30 PM
link   
The spiderweb effect is when you walk into a room and you begin to feel the sensation that you are walking into a spider's web, the tingly feeling. Normally the Spider Web Effect is in doorways to room that have paranormal significance.

If these entities aren't causing any sort of hurt to you or your family then burning sage is pretty unneccesary. But..better safe than sorry.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Not to go all Scooby Doo on you or minimise the obviously disconcerting effect this is having on your life, is it possible that the daughter next door is causing some problems?

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 02:28 PM
link   
That is so strange tat you would say that!
Just this morning my daughter said that my neighbor, the womans daughter that died here , knows more than she is saying and that I should have a talk with her.
This daughter next door became so upset that we changed things here that she has become ill and has taken 3 months off from her job and is seeing a doctor.
More great advice! I'll buy some sage! I've heard that this is a good thing to do.One of you, his name starts with a "V" said something this morning that made me feel alot better.
He said "Unfortunate things happen in life and they always end".
All of you have been so helpful!
Thanks!

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I know what its like coz a few years back my best mate died, so he's always around sayin hey by tapping on cd's, on my window (3rd floor) and by moving things around. doors opening with no breezes present is a good one, and interference with electrical stuff like ur tv or lights flickering. The lights flickering seem to be their favourite way of saying hey.

I suppose it really depends on how the woman died of whether it is an actual haunting, or the nature of the woman. Light candles and say the lords prayers will probly let you know if shes a nice lady or a not very nice one.

Maybe their are just bad energies surrounding the house, which could cause the bad luck. If its too much trouble to move just tell the lady (in your head) to leave your family alone and that you live there now and she needs to move to the light.

Just some suggestions
hope to help!

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Or tell her to go next door and live with her daughter.....if they were close enough for the daughter to become ill when you redecorated Mom's house, maybe Mom will like the suggestion. ( Lord help me, my Mum would probably jump at the chance! lol)

My Grandmother 'ran off' the ghost that haunted her house by asking him, " What in God's name do you want?" ( She had been told he would tell her what he wanted, or leave....he left!)

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I think I'll try that too...lol

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Place some holy objects around your house, that'll help too.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Personally I think that this is either being caused by a ghost or by the negative vibes of the daughter.
Neither would want to feel that their memory is being eradicated by some imposter.
I would try to invite the daughter over for a cuppa and show her that you have changed many things, but that you have also kept others.
Tell her that you love certain aspects of the garden or house that her mother was responsible for and that you don't want to remove every trace of the lady.
Say something like, 'She was your mother and this was her home. It is now our home, but we respect her and the memories that you have of this place.'
Maybe you could offer to give her cuttings of her mothers favourite plants or even put some that you remove into pots for the daughter, again reminding her that you know how important these things are and that you would like to share some of those memories with her and allow her to keep a reminder of them.
Both the 'ghost' and the daughter need to feel comfortable with the fact that things have moved on. If you say these things to the daughter any spirit present will also hear the words and realise that you are making an effort.
The spirit especially, if there is one, needs to be aware that this is now your place and you will do it as you see fit, but that you are trying to be respectful about it and that there is no reason that you can't all live together. Do not set out to dominate the spirit, treat it with respect and that respect will (almost always) be given in return.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I've invited her and her husband over to a barbecue on July 4th.
They seemed to really like that.
After about a year went by she finally came into the house but she seemed very uncomfortable.
I have offered her cuttings of the plants and she says she doesn't want them.
I don't know what else to do.
I think she relates to me as if I'm her Mother but I'm not.
Several times something very strange has happened.
One day she asked me what color I was going to paint my bedroom and I said "Lavender".
She said " Thats the color my Mom had this room. She loved Lavender".
One day she asked me where I was going to put my new sofa in the family room when it arrived. I showed her the wall that I was going to place it against and she said "Thats where my Mom had her sofa".
There's some old bushes that are near my azalea plants and she and I were talking about how to get rid of them and I called them "Trashey Trees" and I thought she was going to pass out!
She said "Thats what my Mom called them"!
So, thats just part of the weird things thats happened and I've tried everything to put her mind at ease.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join