It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CD-R Help

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I've made a couple music cd's off of my mother-in-law's computer. They play just fine if I play them on the computer but when I play them on my cd player they wont read.
I never had this problem on my old computer, but writing cd's was a different proses so I'm not sure what is going wrong.

To make the cd I went into 'My computer' and selected the mp3s I wanted to make a cd out of. On the left side of the window I selected copy to Audio CD and then Windows media launched to burn the cd.

Like I said I don't know where things went wrong, and the cds play fine on the computer.

Thanks.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 11:42 AM
link   
If I understand your question correctly, you are trying to play them on a regular cd player. In which case you'll need to convert them from mp3 format to wav format. I use dBpower AMP music converter for that. Of course it really swells up file size by about 10 times but that the only way to get it to work in a non-mp3 cd player.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 11:42 AM
link   
You said that you've done this before on your old computer; I'm assuming you tested it with the same cd player too, right? I know most newer cd players don't have the problem, but older players wouldn't play a CD that was burnt off a computer.

It could be that the CD burning software never officially "closed" the CD. I don't know how you could work around that if that is the case, but you may want to just try to re-burn the playlist, possibly with different burning software if you can find it.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Thanks guys, I'll try that out and get back to you.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I downloaded the dBpower AMP software for converting and for writing.
Everything worked out for me.
Thanks again

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 02:43 PM
link   
No problem, it's a real cool app. I actually let some burning software run the conversion from mp3 to wav for me, but it was flaky and real slow. This worked much better.

top topics

join