It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Wilson To Bush: "Fire Rove Now"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Former Ambasador Joseph Wilson who is the husband of CIA operative Valerie Plame has called on President Bush to fire Karl Rove. Wilson, saying that he did not accept Rove's contention that he, Rove, had not specifically named his wife as the CIA operative in question, called on the president to do the right thing, by firing his Chief-of-Staff.

www.msnbc.msn.com
Ex-envoy tells NBC top administration official engaged of 'abuse of power'

Updated: 8:36 a.m. ET July 14, 2005
WASHINGTON - Former Ambassador Joseph Wilson called on President Bush on Thurday to fire deputy chief of staff Karl Rove, saying Bush’s top-level aide engaged in an “abuse of power” by discussing Wilson’s wife’s job with a reporter.

Wilson decried what he called a White House “stonewall” in the wake of revelations that Rove, a longtime Bush confidant, was involved in the leak to the news media that Wilson’s wife, Valerie Plame, was a CIA officer.

Bush said Wednesday that he would not comment on discussions that blew her cover because it is the subject of an ongoing investigation by special counsel Patrick Fitzgerald. White House press secretary Scott McClellan said, however, the president still has confidence in Rove.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I think the ambasador has a valid point, and that it will be very hard for Bush to keep Karl Rove on after the heat he's taken recently for defending him. As the Ambasador has pointed out, Bush prides himself on being a man of his word and for doing the hard, but right, things. It will be interesting to see how the president responds to Wilsons'
demand.

Related News Links:
news.y ahoo.com
news.yahoo.com[/ur l]

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
[url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread151155/pg1]Rove Outed CIA Agent Valerie Plame???

POLITICS: Rove Case May Test Bush Loyalty

[edit on 7/14/2005 by lightseeker]

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 11:36 AM
link   
He's quite right.

If it was Rove who did this he does not deserve to keep his job.

I do not wish to sit and worry that a Senior Staff member at the White House, who is trusted with many of this nations secrets, will discuss things with reporters if it benefits his political agenda.

However, my real concern here from the intelligence side of things is this: Who told Rove?

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Perhaps a better question might be: Why is the leader of our nation more concerned with the welfare of his good buddy than a threat to national security?

Yet another example of why some of us in Texas can't stand Bush.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Early allegations point to John Bolton.

He was the one who inserted the Niger uranium claim into the December 2002 State Department report on Iraq’s WMD. A long shot might be then national security adviser Condoleezza Rice. Either way, the clearence to obtain this type of NOC agent information had a very small circle.

I'd bet my used car that the entire Bush administration strategized this then "harmless leak" as an effective action plan to stop Ambassador Wilson's truth on falsefied intel from declaring war on Baghdad.

Their plan worked. Rove won't see jail time, with Bush and the Neocons getting their war.

top topics

join