It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What doesnt make sense

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 11:10 AM
link   
HOw can creationalists explain how before the flood there were creatures like the dinosaurs some of the most fearsome predators ever along wiht pterasaurs and the sea living reptiles all have coexisted with modern creatures. I mean a T-rex would have easily walked around masacreing whole packs of lions and tigers and such.
It just doesnt make sense.
Oh and please dont answer with 'GOd put fossils there to trust the faithful' it's pointless and childish.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I believe that evolution is just the means by which God creates. With that said, the answer to your question is easy. The dinosaurs were already extinct.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I disagree with that last evolution bit. Nonetheless, the Bible says nothing about the dinosaurs being around when God created man. There is, of course, evidence of man and mammoth existing together.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 09:48 PM
link   
they cannot answer this question because it is too hard to put together then so they ignore the entire thing would be my guess. it never happened because no man recorded it happening would be their best guess

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I think it is clear.

If what the christians claim to be true IS true, then their God lies to them by making the world around us appear older than it is.

[ edited because of typo ]

[edit on 2005/7/14 by McGrude]

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 11:12 PM
link   
My guess would be that those who believe strictly in the bible text, the exact story as it's told are puting the kind of faith into their beliefs that can allow someone to explain away any fact that points to the contrary.

I would assume though that the same applies to Evolution and those who cannot possibly entertain the idea of intelligent design. The "it just happened" theory requires alot of the same type of faith. It's possible that science is a religion for some people and whatever they read (so long as it comes from someone with a PhD) is taken with absolute faith.

I think it's healthy to question EVERYTHING and constantly re-evaluate the beliefs you hold. Be it matters of science or of spirituality.

Back on topic though.................... Yup, a real boo boo the bible writers made by leaving out the T-Rex. At the very least they could have gave the creation story some wiggle room should new info come to light.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by eslag90
I believe that evolution is just the means by which God creates. With that said, the answer to your question is easy. The dinosaurs were already extinct.

SO the dinosaurs were already extict even though man was created on the 5th or 6th day wow those pregnent dinoasurs pulled something big to trick us all.

Also what is the point of making the world seem older than it is, to me that gives the idea that if there is a god he should be nicknamed-
the Raven(the trickster)

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Why can't creationists ever just answer a question. You get these thread where a creationist will say "Blah blah, evolution is stupid" and then when people answer back about why it isn't and then start to point out all of the flaws in creationism, the creationist will only answer certain questions. They simply ignore other ones and take the easier to handle questions. I think we need somewhere that creationists and evolutionists can answer one by one the questions we have. Also, bibles and what is in them can not be in the creationist's answer because that is what we are proving against! So that is what doesn't make sense.. why don't creationists just answer the question's. Evolutionists do and we have scientific proof. But maybe that does make sense and just shows that creationists cant explain some things.

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxblackoctoberxx
Why can't creationists ever just answer a question. You get these thread where a creationist will say "Blah blah, evolution is stupid" and then when people answer back about why it isn't and then start to point out all of the flaws in creationism, the creationist will only answer certain questions. They simply ignore other ones and take the easier to handle questions. I think we need somewhere that creationists and evolutionists can answer one by one the questions we have. Also, bibles and what is in them can not be in the creationist's answer because that is what we are proving against! So that is what doesn't make sense.. why don't creationists just answer the question's. Evolutionists do and we have scientific proof. But maybe that does make sense and just shows that creationists cant explain some things.

Finally someone who has my point of view. I think everything you have just said is 100% true. IN a minute we'll probably have someone answer some of your questions and avoid the others.

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Personally, I have already done all the explaining over and over again. Ive showed the info, given the class.

So , why dont I jump in and show it all over again to you guys? This is my second time checking out this thread.
Do you know how your words come across?

It looks like you are a wolfpack waiting to pounce on the first one to step up. By this I mean...you could care less about the answers....you just want a one sided debate to win so you can say you won.

If that is not the case...then Im sure there would be several who wouldnt mind having an intelligent conversation with you.

As for the bible and Dino's...who says it doesnt mention them?
It does.
So do many cultures that are dated less then 5000 years old (some less then 3k in the americas).

Read the book of Job for a primer. Then after you have considered what you find, ....

Wait!!!

I think we need somewhere that creationists and evolutionists can answer one by one the questions we have. Also, bibles and what is in them can not be in the creationist's answer because that is what we are proving against!

Funny. Your saying that the bible doesnt mention dinosaurs...but then say I am not allowed to use the bible to counter!?!?

maybe that is why no one had responded until now.

I think we need somewhere that creationists and evolutionists can answer one by one the questions we have.

I agree, but I dont think that can happen here. Too many potshots

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by jake1997

I think we need somewhere that creationists and evolutionists can answer one by one the questions we have. Also, bibles and what is in them can not be in the creationist's answer because that is what we are proving against!

Funny. Your saying that the bible doesnt mention dinosaurs...but then say I am not allowed to use the bible to counter!?!?

I never said the bible didn't mention dinosaurs.

I'm not saying the bible is a joke or however you might take this, but thats like me saying..

"Ok, I wrote down what I think is true about everything."

and then when you come to prove me wrong I just counter it with..

"No no, look it says so right here in my book."

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxblackoctoberxx

Originally posted by jake1997

I never said the bible didn't mention dinosaurs.

I'm not saying the bible is a joke or however you might take this, but thats like me saying..

"Ok, I wrote down what I think is true about everything."

and then when you come to prove me wrong I just counter it with..

"No no, look it says so right here in my book."

The most cogent explanation, of which I have read, is that it doesn't mention them because it is an incomplete work. Consider that all we really get to see is a "Creation of the World Summary", then nothing but information about the world as it concerns a specific set of human lineages. Also consider that many of the books at the beginning of the OT were not written until the Captivity in Babylon. Why? Because the Hebrew people had no creation history of their own. They were initially a collection of nomadic tribes with no vision of being a single people. They had no "Genesis", so they adapted the Babylonian version (originally Sumerian) of creation (the Enuma Elish) for their own use. It is quite apparent, after careful analysis, that many famous Biblical events (Daniel in the Lion's Den, for example) were not based on Hebrew people, but Sumerian. Examination of the names alone, in the stories, shows they are Sumerian in origin, not Hebrew. Abraham himself was Sumerian.
Incidentally, the Captivity was also a great catalyst for developing monotheism, as the more learned members (of which the bulk of captives were comprised), recognised that this would be necessary for their people to bond & form a distinct identity as a culture.
So, in conclusion, there are probably other writings which (a.)we have not been made privy to by someone who controls them, (b.) were destroyed due to persecution or war, (c.) are hidden somewhere, waiting to be found, and endlessly debated by scholars the world over, and people on websites like us.

Yours in Truth

[edit on 17-7-2005 by Lordling]

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Maybe it was someone else who said the bible doesnt mention them then.
I thought I saw it in this thread.

NM

g'nite

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Well here is what I think about every holy book/religion.
People in those days needed something to explain where they came form.
It's a pshcological need.
The same happens wiht people who dont know who theyre parents are most of them try ro find them (not all I dont want to get into an argument.)

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 04:20 AM
link   
why does everyone think God has stopped creating? he is forever creating... well in my opinion.

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 04:53 AM
link   
As a Christian, I am not the least bit appalled by the Evolution theory, nor evolutionists who demand answers from the Creationsists. I really believe it is a misunderstanding of these two ideals and ignorance of people. Creationists who believe every bible word are fools, because they disregard the symbolism of the language of the Bible. They think words are absolute laws of the universe. I guess they think if God said "I will give you eternal life", it means that they should live forever in their bodies. This isn't so and is painfully obvious. God never said he created the world in 168 hours, but said 7 days. It is also noted he said a day is like a thousand years to the Lord, or so it may have been inspired. Creation theorists, will never prove God by the words of the Bible as some form of absolute statements that are true.

Case in point are; Jesus said if you have enough faith you can move a mountain, but I have never seen a mountain moved by faith, although a mountain could be a figurative term for an obstacle of overwhelming significance.

The bible does not make it clear exaclty what seven days in God's time are, as we measure them. Anything could have happened before man and it is plausible that dinosaurs could have lived before man. It is verifiable that they did exist, and no less deniable that they did over the existance of Abrahams Lincoln's top hat.

Evolutionists, need to understand that their theory is not perfect either, in that at some point life had to begin. They conveniently draw on the theory of the Big Bang, but fail to explain how matter can create itself. Both views are flawed and should actually go hand in hand.

Creationists should agree that there is no evidence that things didn't exist before Adam and Evolutionists should understand that the two theories can go hand in hand and that previously, the Big Bang is an inconceivable theory without a creator.

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 05:43 AM
link   
If god exist , then who created him ?

Did he just get there ?

I do not belive in god though , I belive its something extrateressial that lives yes..... Sorry for my bad question but I had nothing else to say

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 10:57 AM
link   
The real crux of the issue is not whether the Bible mentions dinosaurs or not, or whether the Bible otherwise allows for the existence of dinosaurs, and how modern Christians view ancient dinosaurs. In my mind, the problem lies in the fact that in the second Genesis story, all animals were herbivores until man sinned and God invented death. This is such a sweeping and boldly general statement (leaving SO much room for error and contradiction) that I am surprised that it made it into the Bible.

The creatures and animals spoken of in the Bible reflect the creatures and animals that surrounded man at the time of its authorship. It is conceivable that at some point bears, lions, wolves, and whatnot may have not eaten flesh, but it is absolutely inconceivable that a T-Rex or a megalodon ate only plants.

I have had this discussion before, and it was alluded to that megalodons perhaps ate seaweed, as the Bible would have us believe, but I think that this is pushing the limits of common sense of believers and non-believers alike.

To me, it's a problem that cannot be explained away by "noted Rabbis" or "Biblical scholars" because it's right there in black and white - in the Bible, animals predating the original sin story were herbivores, while in reality, animals predating the original sin story were not herbivores.

Zip

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by McGrude
I think it is clear.

If what the christians claim to be true IS true, then their God lies to them by making the world around us appear older than it is.

[ edited because of typo ]

[edit on 2005/7/14 by McGrude]

You know, not many people realize how true what you just said is. Well, in reality, they do. I would argue that at least 50% (hopefully more!)of christians have the mental capability to realize the implications of their doctrine. The entire book is like an oxymoron.

It is possible to deduce the age of the earth to a certain degree of accuracy according to the bible if you go backwards with it. The unfortuneate consequence is that everything in our world points to an age much older than what the bible tells you. The only remedy for this is to say that all of this information is intentional "disinformation" spread about by god. Intentional lies to decieve you by your own god....

Instead of admitting to this fact, christians will attack and criticise. The mock your ability to reason. The destroy their own ability to do so by intention as to not cause doubt within themselves. It is quite a shame.

Good point McGrude.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sight2reality
The unfortuneate consequence is that everything in our world points to an age much older than what the bible tells you.

Please do not think i am "attacking or critizing" you or your beliefs. But please tell me how "everything" points to a much older world, given the inaccuracies of carbon dating.

---Pineapple

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join