It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Muslim Leaders To Issue Fatwa On London Bombers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I would have put this in ATSNN but it's a couple of days old.

www.nzherald.co.nz...
news.independent.co.uk...

LONDON - Britain's top Muslim scholars are to issue a "fatwa" which will condemn the terrorists behind the bombings, in an unprecedented move to repudiate the Islamist militants suspected of the atrocities.

It is expected that the religious ruling, which will be drafted this week, will effectively outlaw the bombers among Muslims by stating the attacks were a breach of the most basic tenets of Islam.

Sir Iqbal Sacranie, general secretary of the Muslim Council of Britain, said: "Those behind this atrocity aren't just enemies of humanity but enemies of Islam and Muslims.

The council's official spokesman said: "If these bombers are found to be Muslims, we will make it clear we utterly disassociate ourselves from them - even if they claim to be Muslims or are acting under the mantle of the Islamic faith. We reject that utterly."

A good move from the council. The UK Muslim population have been quite vocal in their condemnation of the attacks since the first day. Hopefully this should help reinforce the truth in the public mind that being Muslim does not equate with support for militant Islam.

From the article:

"It's about time we put clear distance between ourselves and so-called Muslim leaders like Osama bin Laden, who has been able to dictate the whole agenda with his video nasties."

It's well beyond time that they upped the level of condemnation. Hopefully they'll continue to grow in vocal and practical opposition.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 11:08 AM
link   
nice thread kegs,

a reporter did bring this up on Friday on ITVN to a member of the Muslim council and they said they were not going to because, in their eyes, the terrorists are not muslims.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I hope this is true. It's about time the moderate strands of Islam fought back. Are Muslims duty-bound to recognise a fatwah? no matter where / who calls it?

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

a reporter did bring this up on Friday on ITVN to a member of the Muslim council and they said they were not going to because, in their eyes, the terrorists are not muslims.

Hmm.. The first I heard of it was today. I've tried to find out more from the Muslim Council of Britain's website www.mcb.org.uk... but I can't find anything explicitly about a fatwa yet, though the site is full of condemnation.

I've sent them an e- mail asking for clarification so I'll wait and see what they say.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I thought the bombers themselves were dead?

Do I have old information?

Anyways ... if they issue it for the bombers and those who helped
them ... GREAT! That means they are starting to take responsibility
for their own and cleaning up their own. That's good news.

Hope it turns out to be true.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 12:00 PM
link   

That means they are starting to take responsibility
for their own and cleaning up their own.

Many of them have been all along.
This is not a conflict between Islam and everyone else, it's really an ongoing fight between moderate Muslims and fanatics, with the rest of us caught in the middle.

I don't think it's an accident that the bombings took place in an area of London known for it's large population of mainstreamed Muslims. They were targeted because the fanatics see them as apostates.

It's easier to see other religious & ethnic groups as monolithic, but mostly, they're not. "They" are generally just as fractious and divided as "we" are...

[edit on 7/14/05 by xmotex]

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Good first step.

Now lets just get some of the Islamic leaders in Muslim dominated nations to do the same. Idont think it will happen.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex

I don't think it's an accident that the bombings took place in an area of London known for it's large population of mainstreamed Muslims. They were targeted because the fanatics see them as apostates.

[edit on 7/14/05 by xmotex]

indeed they do look upon the westernized Muslims as apostates,

but i don't think the immigrant Muslim concentrations in the city
were 'targeted'.
On-the-other-hand, those populations were not given any leeway
or consideration either...
they(London Tube bombers) are called radical, militant, but they are/were Islamists doing Jihad

"This is not a conflict between Islam and everyone else,
its really an ongoing fight between moderate Muslims and fanatics..."

? i Question this statement...and amplify->

This religion and the other two desert born religions
are in contention with one another (Arab-Christian-Jew)
and in a deeper sense, each religion has become/ or IS... an entity! -
Each a singular Life Force composed of the many adherents & faithful followers, of each

Islam, and the other religions, because they're a LiveEntity, seeks to sustain itself-grow-flourish
and survive... primal 'drives' are the same for a living religion as the drives & needs we experience as humans.

This here 'Clash of Civilizations' is just another venue where Darwinism
is being played out...i.e. survival-of-the-fittest.

and it seems, that those who 'see' this type of gameboard, are intent
in coaxing the Apocalypse, Kali Yuga into fruition.
Which might explain why the London bombings occurred where they did,
and not at Synagog or Cathedral or Temple, or at Whimbly Stadium or at
World Cup, Tour de France

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 05:02 PM
link   
please delete. my mistake.

[edit on 14-7-2005 by tommyc]

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 05:04 PM
link   

It was more likely because London is the capital city and Kings Cross is where their train went to. It wasn't a deliberate attack on fellow Muslims.

[edit on 14-7-2005 by tommyc]

top topics

join