It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House of a 1000 Corpses review...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Finally able to see the much anticipated "House of a 1000 Corpses." I give you my opinion of it for those that dig that sorta thing.

After reading many thoughts and opinions of it before I saw it and hearing about how it was transfered from production company to production company, none wanting anything to do with it because of it's depravity, I must say that I am disappointed.

The movie is basically about this group of four people, traveling through US. backroads writing a book about odd places to visit. Following directions to the legendary Dr. Satan, given to them by a clown/kids show host/convenience store owner/circus horror tour operator, they get a flat tire in which the sexy hitchhiker they picked up assists them in getting a tow truck and a ride to her house, to stay while their car is fixed. Her family turns out to be redneck, mass murderers thirsty for yankee blood.

The movie just didn't live up to the hype nor it's title. Though I know it mirrors what I think can best be described as Rob Zombies pseudo style (don't get me wrong, I am a fan).

The acting was far from top notch, as was no surprise, but perhaps that was intentional, though the Rob Zombie song references and the clips from movies he loves to use were a bit much.

There was no story to make the acts of this family believable muchless depraved. Going from a backwoods family of five that likes to torture and kill people they come across, to a Dr. Satan worshipping cult that supplies the Doc with specimens for his ghoulish experiments, the movie was hardly entertaining no matter how much I dumbed myself to it.

The depravity that I desired and expected from "House of a 1000 Corpses" hardly did this genre justice. With any luck, Rob's next attempt will be less of a reference point for his songs and more of a true horror movie that the hype of this one promised...

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Whoa. I was gonna rent it but, the guy at the video store told me to put it down. So, I got "May," another pyscho movie.

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I thought that it was one just big music video for rob zombie.

join