It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

“Iran is close to a nuclear bomb”: Iranian scientist

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Here is an interview with Alireza Assar, a nuclear scientist who fled Iran in 1992, but remains in contact with peers currently still part of Iran’s nuclear program.

Article here

A snippet from the interview:

“Q: How did you become involved in the military side of the nuclear programme?

A: They came to me. When I was teaching in the University of Kerman, the Revolutionary Guards invited me in 1985 to cooperate with them on a nuclear project. I even had two meetings in 1987 and 1988 with then-Commander in Chief of the Revolutionary Guards, Mohsen Rezai [now the secretary general of the State Expediency Council], who came with two of his senior commanders to Kerman for these meetings. We met in the office of the governor of Kerman. They were interested in neutron triggers for nuclear explosion. I suggested that the research would be cost-prohibitive. They said how much do you have in mind? I said, 100 million dollars. Rezai smiled and said, “We had allocated 800 million dollars to this. Go ahead”. This and other conversations with the top commanders of the Revolutionary Guards proved to me that they were after the nuclear bomb and that this was a state policy. Could commanders of the Revolutionary Guards act just on their own and dole out 800-million-dollar budgets? No way.”

Read the rest, interesting stuff from man on the inside. Imagine: They were dumping nearly a billion dollars into thier nuclear weapons program 20 years ago. I wonder how far they are today? Mmmm...

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 08:37 AM
link   
i think this is Iran making false claims, the reactor isn't finished and they stated they were 7 years off. But what is more worrying, North Korea it will help the to "speed up" the process

US has special teams in Iran, show only they know if Iran is close to a nuclear bomb.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 08:41 AM
link   
IF Iran would be any where NEAR to making a Nuclear Bomb I think that Isreali Jets would Quickly take off and take care of the Problem, like they always do.

NOBODY can have Nuclear Bombs in the Middle East but Mighty ISREAL!

AMEN.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Not to knock ths article....but......could this guy be lieing?

I don't dout that they are trying to build a nuke...but to take one mans view (from out of the country) is a bit hard to take...plus the guy still speaks to people in Iran......find that hard to believe 2....would Iran secret service be all over that...and wire tapping anyone involved in the program...esp. people not in it anymore, (not like they don't have the money)....if they can kill a film maker in Holland they could easily take this guy out...but they know he knows nothing.....plus did this not happen in Iraq to.... people claiming they w'r part of Sadams secret programs.....have all this "stuff" weapons of mass distruction.....but now they find nothing?

But if back in the 80' they w'r spending millions...then for sure I agree with you....they got some nukes already....there is no dout in my mind.

Y'r Canadian friend,
Sven

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
IF Iran would be any where NEAR to making a Nuclear Bomb I think that Isreali Jets would Quickly take off and take care of the Problem, like they always do.

NOBODY can have Nuclear Bombs in the Middle East but Mighty ISREAL!

AMEN.

I may have to agree with you Souljah, now that you mention Isreal. Iran COULNDT have a nuke yet, because we all know they would blow Israel off the map the moment they had one. Good point Soul.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
I may have to agree with you Souljah, now that you mention Isreal. Iran COULNDT have a nuke yet, because we all know they would blow Israel off the map the moment they had one. Good point Soul.

No - I guess you did not READ what I Wrote.

If Iran would be anywhere near completing the Nukes, Isreal would soon eliminate any threat by bombing the crap out of the research reactor.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 08:49 AM
link   

I think Bush is warning Sharon not to strike Iran because Bush know's it will throw the middle east into chaos. IF Israel strikes Iran, Syria will strike Israel and then we'll have another war in the middle east.

...not good

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
I think Bush is warning Sharon not to strike Iran because Bush know's it will throw the middle east into chaos. IF Israel strikes Iran, Syria will strike Israel and then we'll have another war in the middle east.

...not good

I dont think Syria has the Numbers nor the Balls to attack Isreal Alone - thats basicly a Suicide Mission.

But do you really think that Isreal will listen to USA when Iran is close to making its Nuclear Device?

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 08:54 AM
link   

No - I guess you did not READ what I Wrote.

If Iran would be anywhere near completing the Nukes, Isreal would soon eliminate any threat by bombing the crap out of the research reactor.

And you clearly didnt read what I wrote: This story must be false, as Iran would instantly eradicate all of Israel if they did in fact have nuclear weapons.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
And you clearly didnt read what I wrote: This story must be false, as Iran would instantly eradicate all of Israel if they did in fact have nuclear weapons.

No they would Not.

Why do you think they are just waiting to drop the Nukes on Isreal?

If that was the case of every Country that wanted Nukes and Got'em eventually, then we would not be having this pleasant converasation right now.

Remember Pakistan and India - now they REALLY dont like each other, and they REALLY have a BIG Problem with an area called Kashmir, and they BOTH have Nuclear Weapons.

Did they Launch them on each other yet?

Nope.

See the World Security Today is Measured by the Number of Warheads that you Have in your Arsenal - and ofcourse Everybody wants that "Security" in their Hands.

Is that so Hard to Understand?

new topics

top topics

join