It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Definatley saw something strange last night!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I was outside in my garden last night in Portugal......i live in the country side so theres not a street lamp in sight.....i was looking up at the stars whilst smoking a cigarette when i thought i saw the lights of a plane.......then i noticed it was too bright and moving very slowly upwards.....it stopped...got brighter and then after what appeared to be 'hovering' slowly went dim and dissapeared......???

i dammed sure this was no aircraft/helicopter........?.....

where i live and the direction i saw this ufo would have been over the sea.....near a place called sagres...cape st vincent......

well...thats it.....

anyone else seen anything like this?

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 08:41 AM
link   
This type of sighting has been very common over here in the states the past few years.

I personally know what you are talking about, you will be looking at a light in the sky thinking it's an aircraft of some type.

The light gets brighter and or make some wild movements and you swear the light is comming right at you then it disappears.

I think to myself, what the hell did I just see.

So you are not alone in what you viewed.

Here is a link to sighting from around the globe.

Check out the database of events, it's very interesting.

www.nuforc.org

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I have never seen something like thta IMO. I did, however, see a spherical shiny object during the day. I live near an airport, so I thought it might be a plane. After close inspection, aka binoculars, I seen that it was a UFO. It didn't necessarily make any weird movements. It just kind of sat there for a little while and then took off like the wind. It quite possibly could have been a government project, but nowadays you never know.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I find it interesting that a very large amount of UFO sightings are done late at night when someone goes outside to smoke a cigarette. Seriously, a lot of smokers see UFOs.

I may have seen something like this before. Did the UFO seemingly come out of nowhere, or perhaps where a star had been before? What direction did it move in (was it just straight upwards)??

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Here is my theory, of course I wouldnt know because I wasnt there to see exactly what you saw. If you could describe to me more what the lights colors were and which direction it was heading I could probably tell you more. I am a pilot and I know airplanes like the back of my hand so If you gave me a bit more detail I could tell you alot more. But, if I could guess now, I would have to say that this could happen with any aircraft that is alot quieter than others. Landing lights have fooled people for many years and because of the angle the aircraft is pointing (relativity from the North Pole or the South), depends on where the Landing Lights are pointing also. Since obviously the landing lights point towards the nose of the aircraft, it is very likely for the dimmining, and brightening of these lights to have its illusion. The more head on angle the plane has to you, the more light it can show. Perhaps it was a military aircraft that can bank harder than a normal airliner. But when the landing lights are faced away or at an angle to your relative location, it is harder to see, making the illusion that either it is dimming, or disapperaing.

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 04:02 AM
link   

TextI may have seen something like this before. Did the UFO seemingly come out of nowhere, or perhaps where a star had been before? What direction did it move in (was it just straight upwards)??

at first it did just look like a star......well...it continued to look like a star.....and when it dissapeared it just went straight up super fast.....i didnt see it appear,i just noticed it moving.

TextHere is my theory, of course I wouldnt know because I wasnt there to see exactly what you saw. If you could describe to me more what the lights colors were and which direction it was heading I could probably tell you more. I am a pilot and I know airplanes like the back of my hand so If you gave me a bit more detail I could tell you alot more. But, if I could guess now, I would have to say that this could happen with any aircraft that is alot quieter than others. Landing lights have fooled people for many years and because of the angle the aircraft is pointing (relativity from the North Pole or the South), depends on where the Landing Lights are pointing also. Since obviously the landing lights point towards the nose of the aircraft, it is very likely for the dimmining, and brightening of these lights to have its illusion. The more head on angle the plane has to you, the more light it can show. Perhaps it was a military aircraft that can bank harder than a normal airliner. But when the landing lights are faced away or at an angle to your relative location, it is harder to see, making the illusion that either it is dimming, or disapperaing.

thanks broad band.....i to am a pilot...but not as qualified as you sound.....im definatley sure it wasnt a plane dude...but i know exacyly what you mean with the nav lights.

Whats interesting about the part of the world i live in, is that when looking out to sea...the next land is the USA....a huge expanse of ocean...and a reasonbley quiet spot of ocean to do stuff in a ufo, more and more friends of mine living on that coastline are reporting seeing strange lights in the sky there?

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Where do you live? It sounds like you live near Miami, if you say you can see the States. Do you live in the keys? What year did this happen ?

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by optimus fett

TextI may have seen something like this before. Did the UFO seemingly come out of nowhere, or perhaps where a star had been before? What direction did it move in (was it just straight upwards)??

at first it did just look like a star......well...it continued to look like a star.....and when it dissapeared it just went straight up super fast.....i didnt see it appear,i just noticed it moving.

that sounds just like what I saw. I already have a thread about my sighting on ATS.www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread142195/pg1'

[edit on 17-7-2005 by oxgoad]

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 03:44 AM
link   

TextWhere do you live? It sounds like you live near Miami, if you say you can see the States. Do you live in the keys? What year did this happen ?

i live in Portugal dude...in the Algarve region....the most south westerley point of Europe, i cant see the states...
.....if i could that would be more amazing than the ufo!!!

it happened about four days ago.

Regards.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Hey Optimus..

Based on it being 4 days ago, and you being in Portugal..
I'll make a guess that you saw this at between 10:30, and midnight.

It probably appeared to come UP over the horizon, from roughly North.
Somewhere, probably nearly as it reached it's hight point in the sky, it faded out..

Am I close so far?

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 09:40 AM
link   

TextBased on it being 4 days ago, and you being in Portugal..

absolutley spot on!!..yeah..it was about 11.00 pm.... and it was N/w direction.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 09:47 AM
link   
my sighting was similar though it didnt move it funny directions..just seemed to be staying still and got closer to me as we drove towards it.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by brodband
Where do you live? It sounds like you live near Miami, if you say you can see the States. Do you live in the keys? What year did this happen ?

I live in FL, and I've been to Miami once. I tell you, I saw a ton of aliens there...no doubt about it.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Optimus saw the International Space station..
His description, made me think of a few nights prior to his.
I saw the same thing..Very bright, steady glow..steady path..
then it faded out...(as it entered the shadow of the earth)
It's a very cool thing to see...and, theres people in it!

I looked up his location (roughly) on the heavens-above.com website.
then chose to look at this particular spacecraft..

I recommend you all check it out..
Just follow the instructions to enter your country, then a town..
You'll get a nice list of when and where to look.
If you click on the link for each day..it will produce a little star map for you..

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 05:55 AM
link   
I live in Madeira island which i think is between you 2 guyz , did it look like a moving star ? it was a few days ago i cant recall how many

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I had bought a local newspaper and on that same night you mention above (13/7) (according to reports) there was an unidentified object floating over a hotel, it had very bright lights, was shaped like a cigar and it flew off very quickly, about 5 days later there was another report in the local press that another/same object had been sighted not too far from the first sighting. The MoD refused to confirm or deny that it had vehicles in the area at that time.
These are the only instances i have ever heard of anything like this happening around this area.

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by optimus fett
slowly went dim and dissapeared......???

i watched this happen a few nights ago. me and my girl went to a park to make out in my truck. we opened the sun roof and were looking up when we saw what we both thought was a plane. it then passed directly over head and as it did, faded out and then it was gone. there were no blinking lights on it as is required on planes, and the moon was extremely bright. but we could not see it after it faded out. i brushed this off as just sensationalism until i saw this thread. we were in rancho cucamonga, california. the object did not move strangely while we were viewing it. btw, i'm a skeptic. i am unsure of what i saw.
daved

[edit] - made the quote look cleaner.

[edit on 7/20/2005 by Dasher]

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 11:05 AM
link   
My sighting which was similar is here.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I am 99% sure what I saw was a satellite that moved out of the sun's light (thanks to some great input by other members and doing some research), but you can read for yourself and judge how similar it was to your experience.

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeddicusZulZorander
I am 99% sure what I saw was a satellite that moved out of the sun's light...

the object i saw was going from northwest to southeast. do satellites go that direction?

daved

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Short answer is yes...they can move in that direction..

Check the website that I mentioned..
And that is also mentioned in the Thread the Zed pointed out.

Here it is again...
Heavens-above

It solved the mystery in this thread, and probably the other thread too..

I just Hope Zed's dog is ok...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join