It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

All Members: A Call for Entries for the ATS Weekly Newsletter

page: 1
0
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 07:34 AM
link   
It all started with a brilliantly obvious post by our esteemed William One Sac in the DISC forum... "Why don't we restart the ATS newsletter" he said. After our collective jaws rose up of the floor in a classic why-didn't-we-think-of-that response, the planning began.

We acquired a professional-grade email newsletter management application to ensure the highest standards of privacy and anti-SPAM policies. Our announcement email went out to over 40,000 people with valid email addresses in our member database, and so far only 288 people unsubscribed.

The newsletter, ATS Weekly, will contain summaries of the week's events and threads on ATS, exclusive content, columns from staff and council members, and especially articles from you our members. As it is with all things ATS, we ultimately hope that the newsletter becomes a member-centric item with regular, and thought-provoking contributions from the people that make ATS what it is.

So, with that in mind, we'll be accepting submissions for each weekly newsletter. If you have an idea for an article you'd like to write, simply U2U William One Sac, Springer, or myself with your concept. Please be aware that if you create material for the newsletter, we will expect high standards of writing. All ATS, BTS, PTS topics are open for consideration... think of it as a way to help people who don't stop by every day to stay informed (although, I can't imagine why they lollygagging like that!)

William One Sac will be your "editor in chief" for the newsletter project. Springer and myself bring up the rear as "editors" to help ensure there is a new edition each week.

Anyone, member or not, can easily subscribe to the newsletter. Simply send an email with the subject line "subscribe" to weekly@abovetopsecret.com and our software will send you a confirmation email (click the link to double-opt-in and confirm).

We expect to publish the newsletter every Tuesday evening. So deadlines for submissions will be Mondays at 20:00 GMT.


Now get busy!




posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Question:

If we have recieved a letter already, does it mean we are already subscribed to it?



posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Answer: - cause I just tried it.

If you got that first email - you're already subscribed and if you try to again it gets kind of hateful with you...lol.



posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Will this letter ever be sent via u2u? or link via u2u?



posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
Answer: - cause I just tried it.

If you got that first email - you're already subscribed and if you try to again it gets kind of hateful with you...lol.


ahhh i see

Thank you Valhall


*gives you a cookie*



posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by ktprktpr
Will this letter ever be sent via u2u? or link via u2u?


No. This is an email-based newsletter.

However, the content of the newsletter itself will be first-paragraph snippets with links to the full articles at weekly.abovetopsecret.com... .



posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Would it be possible to see some of the older newsletters to see what might be reasonable for an article? I know you said all the topics here are fair game, but if possible I'd like to see what kind of stuff was done in the past. If not, no biggie.



posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I'd like to contribute. This seems like a good place for the Op/Eds that I was looking to do.

If I may offer a suggestion though: could we get an email address to send submissions to in lieu of U2U? That way we could check our formatting, and not have to worry about tags (which I assume the newsletter will not use). We could just send a MS Word doc.

Also, can we get some guidelines for word count? Obviously you don't want The Great American Novel, but you probably also don't want one paragraph.



posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 01:21 AM
link   
ok here's a stupid thing I did....I received the ATS news letter and it had an attachment ........
so I didnot look at it
and put it in the trash...

Was it really important to read?
Im sorry but technology is not one of my strong points.

helen



posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by helen670

Was it really important to read?


Its just a newsletter about the website and forums helen. Not a big deal if you dont read it, but it may give you insights into parts of the board you didnt know. Its also a useful tool for spreading information about current site events.



posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Thank you WOS,


I received the news letter again,I might take a look.


helen



posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 11:05 PM
link   
There will be a 10,000 point bonus from now on to anyone who has an article accepted for publication in the newsletter.

Edit: If you would like to particpate, please either post in this thread saying so or u2u me with your idea.

[edit on 11-20-2005 by William One Sac]



posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
It all started with a brilliantly obvious post by our esteemed William One Sac in the DISC forum... "Why don't we restart the ATS newsletter" he said. After our collective jaws rose up of the floor in a classic why-didn't-we-think-of-that response, the planning began.

We acquired a professional-grade email newsletter management application to ensure the highest standards of privacy and anti-SPAM policies. Our announcement email went out to over 40,000 people with valid email addresses in our member database, and so far only 288 people unsubscribed.

The newsletter, ATS Weekly, will contain summaries of the week's events and threads on ATS, exclusive content, columns from staff and council members, and especially articles from you our members. As it is with all things ATS, we ultimately hope that the newsletter becomes a member-centric item with regular, and thought-provoking contributions from the people that make ATS what it is.

So, with that in mind, we'll be accepting submissions for each weekly newsletter. If you have an idea for an article you'd like to write, simply U2U William One Sac, Springer, or myself with your concept. Please be aware that if you create material for the newsletter, we will expect high standards of writing. All ATS, BTS, PTS topics are open for consideration... think of it as a way to help people who don't stop by every day to stay informed (although, I can't imagine why they lollygagging like that!)

William One Sac will be your "editor in chief" for the newsletter project. Springer and myself bring up the rear as "editors" to help ensure there is a new edition each week.

Anyone, member or not, can easily subscribe to the newsletter. Simply send an email with the subject line "subscribe" to weekly@abovetopsecret.com and our software will send you a confirmation email (click the link to double-opt-in and confirm).

We expect to publish the newsletter every Tuesday evening. So deadlines for submissions will be Mondays at 20:00 GMT.


Now get busy!
im zoey in the show zoey101hi im zoey in zoey 101hi im zoey in zoey101[/purple



posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 12:08 PM
link   
yea.. hi zoe..? :/

just one question, how do you remove your subscription to the newsletter if you receive one?



posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Just follow the unsubscribe link in the newsletter.



posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Thanks William One Sac, I have not subscribed as yet and have only just selected the option in my settings.

I was concerned that if the newsletter turns out to me rubbish that I would not be spammed permanently with pointless articles and news.

Hope they are good.

Can anyone provide a review on them?

Many thanks.



posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Here is the archive of all the newsletters.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

There was a gap of several months between issue 24 and 25.



posted on May, 14 2006 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Bumpidy bump bump
BUMP
Hey, it's a thing that needed to be one, none shall pass MUAAHAHAHA!!!!



posted on May, 14 2006 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Hey i dont get a newsletter...wtf? do i gotta spend some points to get it comin to my email addy? hmm i wonder if its being auto directed to spam folder. i should chk that.

Nevermind, the email addy i had was webmaster@ it gets inundated with spam on a regular basis and pretty much everything except my webhosting company gets blocked...got it set to a more regularly used one. i should get it now. I also made sure the box was checked under memcenter/settings/edit profile to receive newsletters from admin.

**waits patiently by mailbox for mailman to come by**

[edit on 14-5-2006 by S1LV3R4D0]



posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord, when this thread started in 2005
We acquired a professional-grade email newsletter management application to ensure the highest standards of privacy and anti-SPAM policies. Our announcement email went out to over 40,000 people with valid email addresses in our member database, and so far only 288 people unsubscribed.


Hi,

Anyone know what the current circulation of the ATS newsletter is?

Is it still around 40,000? Much less? Much more?

I'd like to give a current estimate in an article I'm writing.

All the best,

Isaac

[edit on 28-10-2007 by IsaacKoi]



new topics

top topics



 
0
<<   2 >>

log in

join