It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America the terrorist nation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 01:54 AM
link   
So I happened to be channel surfing and caught an interview on Fox News (I know I know, not the best source) with Julianne Malveaux. I was interested to learn that all Americans are terrorists, and we're a terrorist nation. We should be letting all the prisoners at Gitmo go because we're no better than they are. Interestingly enough though, when asked if SHE was a terrorist she dodged the question and threw more mud instead of answering.

"Semi-regular USA Today columnist Julianne Malveaux said Monday that President Bush is "a terrorist" and that America is "a terrorist nation."

In an interview that began with Malveaux accusing U.S. troops of "beating" terrorist suspects at Guantanamo Bay, the controversial author and economist told ABC Radio host Sean Hannity:

"Terrorism in the United States is as old as we are. You want me to give you a litany of terrorism? You want me to start with what's happened to the Indian population? You want to go on to what happened in Tulsa, Oklahoma in 1921?"
"C'mon now, Sean," Malveaux told Hannity. "We are terrorists."

Asked point-blank if the U.S. was a "terrorist nation," Malveaux shot back: "Oh, Absolutely."

In the next breath she added, "The chickens have come home to roost," in an apparent reference to the 9/11 attacks.

Asked if America was "a good country," Malveaux responded tersely: "We're a country." Pressed on why she omitted the adjective "good," she replied, "I can't answer that. I think we have some good and I think we have some evil."

As the interview was winding up, Malveaux went on a tear about the Iraq war and "the weapons of mass distraction."

"You know they weren't there. I know they weren't there," she told Hannity. "George W. Bush is evil. He is a terrorist. He is evil. He is arrogant. And he is out of control."

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Are you sure about this media statement?

Dallas

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 02:04 AM
link   
well I watched the replay of the interview tonight. It took place originally on the 11th. That's a slightly cut down version of what she said, but I heard her say all those things.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Everyone has their own opinion. Fox news lol, such weak claims of America being a terrorist nation is absurd. Obviously another media ploy to poke fun at viewers that aren't pro war and pro Bush. It just goes to show that the Bush admin has taken control of Fox news. The regulations seem to be there as all points in Zaphod58 post are just biased opinions with no substance whatsoever. Julianne Malveaux is either being paid to act like an idiot, or is with holding information so she wouldn't be tracked down and quarantined.

*Reminds me of the matrix when the agents were out to get Neo for information leading to Morpheus.*

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Every country has a dark past. yes, the United States did do some very bad things. But if you use that stance then you could say that Australians are terrorists(remeber what happened to the native Australians....). Then you could say that the British are terrorists for inventing the concentration camp and killing many in the South Africa region. You can say bad things about any country.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58

As the interview was winding up, Malveaux went on a tear about the Iraq war and "the weapons of mass distraction."

That is the best explanation i have seen as to why we are in Iraq. Unfortunately, those WMDs are not in Iraq but Washington D.C.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Get outside your sheltered box for a moment and think about living in the middle east for a moment. I'm not talking about oppressed people, but just your standard Iraqi citizen 3 years ago.

Then George Bush sends warning that we will attack your country if you don't give up your WMDs. Your president says "I dont have any."

George Bush then says "Liar. Give them up or we attack"

Saddam: "We still don't have any"

George Bush: "Last chance.."

Saddam: "...."

Then we attack, only to later find out that he didn't have any WMDs at all. Was he a good person? No. Did he persecute people and have an unfair system of judgement? Of course. However, his country got attacked - not on those merits, but on the merits that he had and was planning to use weapons of mass destruction. If you view it from that perspective, maybe our country isn't as good as we think it is.

I'm not a terrorist, nor do I support/defend any kind of terrorism or killing of the innocent. I'm just saying that the US isn't the most squeaky-clean country on Earth.

Terrorism is just a point of view. The people who blow themselves up in malls really think they're fighting a holy war. One mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter.

new topics

top topics

join