It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYC Mayor's Number is in the Book

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 12:57 AM
link   
New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg's telephone number is listed in the white pages, as revealed today. He welcomes any New Yorker to call him, just not in the middle of the night:

Forget 311.

There is another number you can call the next time the garbage goes uncollected, the neighbors are too noisy or a pothole swallows your car. It is listed in the white pages under "Bloomberg, Michael R."

That is what an agitated New Yorker did late Monday evening, only to have Mayor Bloomberg himself pick up the bedside phone in his Upper East Sidetown house. As the mayor recounted it yesterday, the caller had "a housing problem" and needed help.That is what an agitated New Yorker did late Monday evening, only to have Mayor Bloomberg himself pick up the bedside phone in his Upper East Sidetown house. As the mayor recounted it yesterday, the caller had "a housing problem" and needed help.

"The young lady went on about how her mother had lived there, and the mother is deceased, and now she wanted to have the house," Mr. Bloomberg said, adding, "I couldn't quite figure out what the woman's problem was, but I said, 'Call me in the morning; here's the number.' "

Little did most city residents realize, the home telephone number of their billionaire mayor is right there in the phone book. Several times in recent years, and again at a news conference in Queens yesterday, Mr. Bloomberg has entertained audiences with anecdotes about people who have looked him up in the white pages and called at odd hours for assistance.

www.nytimes.com...

Wow, pretty funny...now I know who to call!

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 08:52 AM
link   
"So, Mike, why should I vote for you?"

I bet he gets some interesting calls, just judging by my fellow new yorkers...

In all honesty, good on him. That shows confidence. He's reachable at his bedside table by anyone, and he will respond. I doubt it gets used much, but I bet the callers appreciate it and I bet Bloomberg likes it as well - it's a place away from the media to just talk and be relatively candid.

My grandfather doesn't even list himself in the phone book. (retired doctor)

join