It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Norwegian Gays to Release Soda

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 09:34 PM
link   
You have to register to read it so I've copied it here.

Norwegian homosexuals are set to launch their own soda brand, Homo light, at an upcoming gastronomic festival, in the hope that it will help promote tolerance, one of the authors of the projectsaid today.

"The goal is not for us to make money but to make us more visible and accepted," Oeystein Mauritzen said.

Pear-flavoured and pink, Homo Light will go on sale as a one-time offer at a stand at a gastronomic festival in the southwestern town of Stavanger between July 27 and 30.

Along with the soda, which will be sold in half-litre bottles for 20 kroner ($A4), the group will sell rainbow-coloured pasta salads.

Norway, which has allowed homosexuals to form marriage-like partnerships since 1993, is one of the world's most liberal countries when it comes to gay rights.

The current coalition government ironically combines Prime Minister Kjell Magne Bondevik, a Lutheran minister of the Christian Democratic Party who has come out against the partnership law, and openly gay Finance Minister Per-Kristian Foss of the Conservative Party.

I was watching a bit of comedy the other night, and a woman was making a joke about how she didn't think a building (her gym) could be gay. But "gay" sodas?

That's the funniest thing I've heard in a while. That and rainbow-colored salads. I suppose it's a good way of promoting and advocating awareness, but does it really work?

"Man! This gay soda tastes good! I'm gonna support gay rights!"

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 10:14 PM
link   
is that a gay light in your hand?

you are soooo gay :p

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amorymeltzer
"Man! This gay soda tastes good! I'm gonna support gay rights!"

There is the counter to that, though:

"Ugh, this gay soda tastes like $__t!"

You take where the comments would go from there.

join