It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Security

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Yesterday, I went to the Great Escape (A Theme Park up North) with my family. My stepdad had forgot to leave his leatherman in the car and it was left in his pocket. We made it through the gates where all the metal detectors are and made it through the guards.

We didn't know about it or think about it, so we continued on with our day.

At the end of the day we stopped to get some candy for the kids. We bought one of those long swirly lollipops. We couldn't get the wrapper off, so my stepdad continued to take out his pocket knife, and try to unwrap it with the knife. At least 10 minutes later a security guard spotted the knife and walked him out of the park.

My question is, how did he pass the metal detectors and guards searching things?

I honestly do not think security in the USA has gotten much better since 9/11. It is truley pathetic that he got in with that.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 09:27 PM
link   
There's slipups everywhere.........
And stupid secuirty things that havent been fixed either.
I noticed on my trip to the USA that one airline had metal forks... but plastic knives...

I alos noticed that in my carry on luggage i had 2 scrwedrivers..
Being i work in IT its not a uncmmon thing..
but it was never brought up!

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 09:38 PM
link   
If they make their metal detectors too sensetive, every little thing will set the the alarms off. The lines will be even longer than they already are. It will make for unhappy visitors and a loss in revenues. If you weigh that against the very small chance of a terror attack even occuring at that theme park, then its well worth it (at least in their eyes).

I'm sure they feel that as long as they give the image of tight security, it should be deterrance enough to anyone who would consider doing anything there. The bottom line still remains that no matter how good the security is, no matter where at, nothing is ever 100% effective. At least not with the technology being used at places such as the above mentioned Theme Park. Plus, like I said before it's all risk vs. reward.

join