It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Influx of Ultra Racists "one liner" hitters.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Seems theres a new influx of ultra racist trolls that post 1 liner remarks all over the boards, stuff like:

that's great news, people are finally waking up, islam has nothing to do in there, if they want their primitive way of life they can go back to whichever #hole they came to

He want a Muslim, though. Good for those kids, fighting terror at home!

Cause them damn dirty Jews are out to own everything!!!!

If you see this, do 1 thing and 1 thing only. Notify a moderator(if they haven't taken action yet).

Don't reply to them, don't pay attention to them. And definatly, don't get tempted into a flaming slugfest with them. Several people fell for that already, resulting in them getting both verbal and system warnings.

Ignore these trolls, they aren't here to contribute, discuss, debate or share. They are only here for trolling, causing flames, spreading their racist bullocks.

Again, ignore the living daylights out of them and let the mods handle it.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I thought as much. Parasites, using tragedy to further their own twisted agenda.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Maybe it's just the ruthless part in me left over from my bygones, but seeing you post those few ----- unless staff felt it would be a bad idea (likely, as it may further incite aggrevated dis-content; unless the thread is locked to replies other than the one in charge of it) I would like to see ALL racist comments such as these few posted here, posters name and everything.
Kinda like the way that, here in the states, the names and locatioins of child molesters are freely available.

Just a thought

Misfit

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I seen one today, and your right the Mods will deal with the little vermin

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 07:17 PM
link   
That's horrible! I'm assuming all them folks who are praising gang murder of innocent civilians and the like all have those little red "warn" flags under their names?

I find this statement from the first quote to be the most telling of the statements:

they can go back to whichever #hole they came to

So...What's the message, you live in a #hole and you don't have a problem with them coming there to your primative lifestyle? Brilliant!

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Yeah, jake, you sure have to commend them on their ingenuity and butchering of the english language.

Sauron: lol, I see so many trolls every frigin day. And then when I get here, there's even more. I'm wondering what to do, start playing less WoW or start visiting ATS less

Misfit: I like the concept of that idea, but its not really feasable.
When they get banned, they just sign up a new name. Email addresses are quite unlimited to get online.

The only way to fight this is by ignoring them and letting the mods ban them faster then they can post.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Ok....ok....
Lets just say that we, the staff, are working on them there "trolls," as always.

seekerof

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by thematrix
The only way to fight this is by ignoring them and letting the mods ban them faster then they can post.

True'nuff about the "don't feed the Troll" concept.
Sometimes it is SO DAMN HARD !!! I mean, I'm an agressive person, I see BS I call it out.

At least in the real world there arn't [yet] mods [law] watching eveything one does constantly, so when I see a Troll pulling this kinda crap [any nature - racism, abuse, ESPECIALLY abuse on a lady] I do take action. Got locked up for it once, could not stop at a point I should have one time, but it was a, hmm, nice 'sit back and exhale that breathe of satisfaction' jail nite, heh.

Keep it up mods. Granted most of your duties are just that - come with the job - nailing crap like this is truely appreciated !!!

Misfit

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 07:54 PM
link   

When they get banned, they just sign up a new name. Email addresses are quite unlimited to get online.

They can't hide from us that easily. We are watching you.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Email addresses, yeah. Different IP addresses, though, are a bit harder to come by

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimonGray

Agreed that when you see their langauge it might be they aren't all that good with evading and masking their identity online.

But I tend to never underestimate people. Ya never know if they are fou savants or something :p

If you know how, its fairly easy to even post with several different accounts at the same time with different IP's, different signup mails and if your resourced like me, with totaly seperate PC's too. (as some on chat know, I can take it up to 125 seperate systems even :p)

But what you say is why I'm asking for everyone to limit themselves to just notifying staff when they spot one of these guys.
We can't do more then ignore them. You guys can keep track of them, warn them, ban them and when their banned, monitor if they signup new accounts or not.

[edit on 13-7-2005 by thematrix]

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake

Email addresses, yeah. Different IP addresses, though, are a bit harder to come by

I really hate the idea of ISP email being a requirement, but in light of racism escalation, perhaps that may not be a bad idea.

Tis true about the IP's, even one being a dynamic address, it still resolves to the IP that one comes from, not hard to connect the dots for someone re-applying.

Even if using a proxy to apply/post, they are not impervious to tracing.

Misfit

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimonGray

lol it isn't that hard to find them......when someones types a statement that is that racist....they tend to be a troll. That would be a nice idea maybe a troll button like the WATS and Ignore button. But this one would just notify like that forums mod. But serisously some of those statements can't not even be played off as a joke. Cause I understand when sarcasim is being used in a post, but those were just too much.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 09:03 PM
link   
"We shall go on to the end, we shall fight online, we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our Island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender, and even if, which I do not for a moment believe, this forum or a large part of it were subjugated and starving, then our Empire beyond the seas, armed and guarded by the Techno Fleet, would carry on the struggle, until, in God's good time, the Mods, with all their power and might, steps forth to the rescue and the liberation of the common member."

:| I'm sure that's how the speech would go now.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 09:13 PM
link   
So who do you turn to when the MODS respond with inflamatory, inappropriate and insulting remarks. Seems to me that there is a "blue code" operating among the mods here.

I know sarcasm, I also know mean spirited comments disguised as sarcasm.
When you respond in kind it's deemed offensive. Members should know their place!! Eh!

[edit on 13-7-2005 by whaaa]

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 09:20 PM
link   
whaaa, may I move your attention to this thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Back to thematrix's original comments, unfortunately we do have to deal with disruptive and sometimes racist members. I can assure everyone that this distasteful minority are dealt with by the staff as quickly as possible.

In order to weed out this element, we must emphasize members to use the Complaint/Gripe button. I can assure you this is visited by every member of staff, and also the Council so there is always someone at hand to deal with such matters in a very effective manner. This is the quickest and easiest way to bring something to our attention.

Everyone's comments are heard and nothing falls on deaf ears.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
So who do you turn to when the MODS respond with inflamatory, inappropriate and insulting remarks. Seems to me that there is a "blue code" operating among the mods here.

If you feel a staff member is violating the Terms & Conditions of Use you should use the "Gripe/Help" function to file an official complaint. This way all staff members will be able to review the actions of the mod in question.

I assure you that your insulting accusation that there is some “blue code” amongst moderators so we can violate the T&C’s or harass members is not accurate.

top topics

join