It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What kind of boots would u wear when going to war?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Wellco Desert Tuffkushions

Merrell Sawtooth Boots

Salomon Expert Mids

Lowa Seeker Desert PT

Danner Boots

i heard the Danner boots are the best, but thats wat i heard so unless military veterans have a good idea which boots to wear im all ears. if u have ani suggestions of other better boots, give it out and put a pic of it.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Hmm, looks to me like the companies of the Tan boots are trying to make
look-alikes of the new Marine issued brown boots....even in Combat troops still have to stay within the regulations. and these boots are not authorized. They are clearly knock-offs...fakes.

There are only a few companies that make boots that Marines are allowed to wear. Many Marines get in trouble for wearing "knock-offs". I prefer Bates or Cochoran.

An easy way to tell......the ones authorized to wear have a little Eagle, Globe and Anchor on the side of each boot. In the desert I like to wear the "jungle version" (two vented holes on the inenr side) but anywhere else I like the ICB's (infantry combat boots). ICB's have a GORTEX layer inside that keep your feet dry, but they also make your feet sweet like its crazy......

Now sometimes SF and other units may wear whatever and be on thier own program...but that is the few exceptions.

[edit on 13/7/2005 by SportyMB]

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Uh......combat boots.....duh! ha ha ha.....I have no idea, however I would suppose it depends on where you are fighting.....like in the far north....maybe bunny boots? Like I said.....I have no idea!!!

I just thought this was a funny thread.....

I couldn't find any bunny boots......but here's something:

www.zappos.com...

Faeryland

[edit on 13-7-2005 by Faeryland]

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Not me...Minnetonkas - I'll sneak up on ya.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I don't know about you, but when I am out to sea on my susmarine, I wear tennis shoes or hiking shoes...

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Well Deltboy, I suppose bomb proof and they should go 3/4 the way up my thighs.

Dallas

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I'd wear the kind that give me the same superpowers Apocalypse has from the X-Men. Personally, I think those would be some very effective combat boots. Come on, technology, what are you waiting for?!

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I would get a pair of Danner's no question abut it! But for urban work I would also consider either these Addias GSG9's or a pair of hitechs

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Gwt a good ol' pair of carolina loggers

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 03:08 PM
link   
The good `ol British Army assault boot, never failed me before when Im on my cadet exercises- an all round greeeeeeeeeeeeesat boot!!

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Nothing beats LA GEAR!!!

Mmm...Get some Guess acid wash jeans, pink ripped tank top and require everybody to grow a mullet!!

Replace the HUMVEE with an Iroc Z!!!

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Solid iron boots for kicking and throwing

Seriously i know more about the deep sea then boots.

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 08:30 AM
link   
i don't care about design, whatever boots i wear it must be waterproof!!! wet feet sh*it me out...

none of the boots posted by deltaboy are "waterproof looking" to me

[edit on 16-7-2005 by betaiso]

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Not practical enough?

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Defnitley these.....

Mic

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I wear these for working, fighting, hiking, and grocery shopping. They're unstoppable. The last pair I had lasted through almost 5 years of getting thrashed every day. The pair I own now is about a year old, and still feels almost brand new (save being comfortably broken in).

These things are invincible!

Wolverine Fusion

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Maybe something with a cuban heel??????.......................

Failing that for urban and desert work try the HiTec range. Cheap, comfortable, lightweight and hard wearing.

top topics

join