It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Message To Every Pro War Person Is This True-Right?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 05:50 PM
link   
1. Contrary to some assumptions I do not support the targeting of innocent men, woman and children
2. But maybe you see why it seems to makes sense for the Resistance to do this if they want the coalition out. Even so I’m not saying its right under any circumstances.
3. I think that if or when the Resistance wins, through manipulating the consequences of destabilising the country (thereby having any government we leave behind overthrown), history will repeat itself and in the way it did between last time and now from about 1921 to1933 (under colonial British rule) to 2003.
4. We have the might; they have the destabilising effects that are currently (and so maybe will) thwart out our efforts. So in the long term the political outcome is a draw between our actions and the consequences these entail (namely the Resistance itself).
5. Its a draw that costs the Iraqi people in every way imaginable. And it’s a draw that costs us in every military sense possible (in lives, finance and assignations of men who in peace often make up the cream of our society).
6. Its a draw that will repeat itself time and time again till we can stay out of Iraqi affairs completely. The best last time to have done so was before this bloody war.
7. So perhaps it’s a draw that no truly wise person wants to be part of ether by supporting the Resistance or our own government in ether of their militant actions. Because although both peoples supporting ether of sides out of a genuine belief that they are the ones who are right; that their version of reality is correct, both people have blood on their hands.
8. And the blood people have on their hands is not determined by which country you live in, whether or not you are a pro war local campaigner for the Americans or Resistance. Instead it is merely determined by how much your support contributes to the bloody efforts of ether side.
9. Want to be righteous and you will ensure that Iraqis not only get a government of their choosing, but more importantly one the West WILL actually LIVE WITH.
10. Want to be wise and you will not believe the propaganda of ether side. Instead you will simply say that is their country, this is our own. Let Americans help the poor people, prostitutes, uneducated and fight the "terrorist" drug gangs experienced in every Western country. And if Iraq chooses Stalin, Col Pot or anyone else as their next leader there are peaceful ways to stop these people from getting powerful.
Look at the history of South Africa, we had sanctions but not mass starvation, we had change but not invasion by a foreign occupying (let alone civil war as well).
Providing the leader is a question of what they do to their own people, it is an issue for their own people which we must only involve ourselves in peacefully.
11. There are about 23 Resistance organisations in Iraq. That is why when seen collectively their actions are seem so contradictory. It is civil war out their, and a Resistance fighting an occupying force all at once. Whether we call it civil war, Resistance or terrorism, is a problem for our own understanding, and if we not in Iraq it would be our problem alone.
12. Don't talk of wasting nukes because you are like the anti Christ in the bible if you perpetuate these views. P.S The bible is NOT a book of my faith (well not much anyway).
13. Please do not try labelling me (directly or indirectly). I prefer to leave that to myself, but thanks for the support in doing so.

This is my opinion; and can only hope it’s answered some of your misunderstandings, about me and far more importantly the million people like me, who share the same views-the exact beliefs. Yours Alex (Liberal1984).

So what can you say in your reply?

[edit on 090705 by Liberal1984]

[edit on 090705 by Liberal1984]

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Liberal1984, I kind of sort of understand what you are saying, but I do not agree.

You claim to not support the targeting of innocent men, woman and children, but.....

2. But maybe you see why it seems to makes sense for the Resistance to do this if they want the coalition out. Even so I’m not saying its right under any circumstances.

Statement #2 is a lame excuse at justifying the actions of terrorist.

I could say that it makes sense for America to just Bomb the hell out of the Middle east and get it over with......true, it does make sense...go ahead and wipe out our "enemies" and future enemies in one day.....but does that make it OK for me to justify it? No it does not!!!!

Killing innocents is wrong and there is NO sense in it at all...I dont care if the killing is done Americans or Muslim Jihadist..it's wrong.

EDIT: I would not lable people as "Pro-war"...how about Pro-OIF or pro Iraqi independence,

I do not label you as Pro-Extreme violent acts of terrorism...

[edit on 13/7/2005 by SportyMB]

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Thank you for being one of those who does NOT label me as pro extreme violent acts of terrorism (or any I hope any terrorism).

We both agree that killing innocent civilians is wrong
We both don't care if the killing is done by Americans or Muslim Jihadist

But I wish I could fully agree because I don't doubt the resistance itself is not worth it.
But you failed to explain (at least to myself) why killing innocent civilians does not make a type of REAL sense to the Resistance.
I say this because regardless of how morally wrong the Resistance may (or may not) know it these murderous actions to be; we (the occupation) does get the blame every time a bomb goes of. We seem to be getting more blame from the people of Iraq for the actions of the Resistances than the Resistance itself (perhaps partly because we have not yet left their country). Given that the Resistances objective is to other throw any government we install and that making people angry at us must shorly help this objective; how then can their targeting of innocent civilians not help achieve this objective of theirs? I stress I do not like these people having the privilege of any logic on their side. But is it not a matter of fact?

Regarding the killing our own soldiers this is sure to lengthen our stay. But I think you will find that these acts are attracting exactly the sort of "bastard" (fool in my view) that the terrorists-Resistance needs. Since it’s important for the very existence of the Resistance to recruit I am unsure as to whether or not it pays of. Especially given the domestic political problems that troop deaths have caused our own politicians who I "assume" are ultimately responsible for this war.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Thank you for being one of those who does NOT label me as pro extreme violent acts of terrorism (or any I hope any terrorism).

At least you make an attempt to expalin yourself, unlike others who just use any anti[insert here] website they can find and use that as if it is the word of God.

We seem to be getting more blame from the people of Iraq for the actions of the Resistances than the Resistance itself (perhaps partly because we have not yet left their country).

Yes, I agree.....however the Iraqis know the "resistance" is bad...they know they are bad guys. There is no disputing that. They should understand that if we (the occupation) pack up and leave now...that will Iraq open to any dictator/warlord with a few thousand men to follow him...they will kill off the new gov't and then Iraq will be as it was..even worse for that matter.

how then can their targeting of innocent civilians not help achieve this objective of theirs?

What exactly is their objective?

If thier objective is to rid Iraq of Western Occupation troops...then you are wrong, thier scare tactics and bombings of innocents will not help them..at all...it will just cause us (the occupation) to stay longer and be more aggressive....just like you said. It works both ways

new topics

top topics

join