posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 05:50 PM
1. Contrary to some assumptions I do not support the targeting of innocent men, woman and children
2. But maybe you see why it seems to makes sense for the Resistance to do this if they want the coalition out. Even so I’m not saying its right
under any circumstances.
3. I think that if or when the Resistance wins, through manipulating the consequences of destabilising the country (thereby having any government we
leave behind overthrown), history will repeat itself and in the way it did between last time and now from about 1921 to1933 (under colonial British
rule) to 2003.
4. We have the might; they have the destabilising effects that are currently (and so maybe will) thwart out our efforts. So in the long term the
political outcome is a draw between our actions and the consequences these entail (namely the Resistance itself).
5. Its a draw that costs the Iraqi people in every way imaginable. And it’s a draw that costs us in every military sense possible (in lives, finance
and assignations of men who in peace often make up the cream of our society).
6. Its a draw that will repeat itself time and time again till we can stay out of Iraqi affairs completely. The best last time to have done so was
before this bloody war.
7. So perhaps it’s a draw that no truly wise person wants to be part of ether by supporting the Resistance or our own government in ether of their
militant actions. Because although both peoples supporting ether of sides out of a genuine belief that they are the ones who are right; that their
version of reality is correct, both people have blood on their hands.
8. And the blood people have on their hands is not determined by which country you live in, whether or not you are a pro war local campaigner for the
Americans or Resistance. Instead it is merely determined by how much your support contributes to the bloody efforts of ether side.
9. Want to be righteous and you will ensure that Iraqis not only get a government of their choosing, but more importantly one the West WILL actually
10. Want to be wise and you will not believe the propaganda of ether side. Instead you will simply say that is their country, this is our own. Let
Americans help the poor people, prostitutes, uneducated and fight the "terrorist" drug gangs experienced in every Western country. And if Iraq
chooses Stalin, Col Pot or anyone else as their next leader there are peaceful ways to stop these people from getting powerful.
Look at the history of South Africa, we had sanctions but not mass starvation, we had change but not invasion by a foreign occupying (let alone civil
war as well).
Providing the leader is a question of what they do to their own people, it is an issue for their own people which we must only involve ourselves in
11. There are about 23 Resistance organisations in Iraq. That is why when seen collectively their actions are seem so contradictory. It is civil war
out their, and a Resistance fighting an occupying force all at once. Whether we call it civil war, Resistance or terrorism, is a problem for our own
understanding, and if we not in Iraq it would be our problem alone.
12. Don't talk of wasting nukes because you are like the anti Christ in the bible if you perpetuate these views. P.S The bible is NOT a book of my
faith (well not much anyway).
13. Please do not try labelling me (directly or indirectly). I prefer to leave that to myself, but thanks for the support in doing so.
This is my opinion; and can only hope it’s answered some of your misunderstandings, about me and far more importantly the million people like me,
who share the same views-the exact beliefs. Yours Alex (Liberal1984).
So what can you say in your reply?
[edit on 090705 by Liberal1984]
[edit on 090705 by Liberal1984]