It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Releasing Chakra

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 03:48 PM
link   
If any of you are intouch or know about Chakra energy then this will be easier to understand...if not there are many sites you can find on google that have perfect explanations.

For my question. over history people have told many stories...stories that theoretically could not have happened in our mind set now...lets say for instance the myth that ninja samuri could release Chakra from the pores of there feet allowing them to be boyent and therefor being able to run on water. or like such people who are believed to be able to conduct heat from there hands with an open palm. all stories these days....but was it possible?

Studies have shown that the Pineal Gland in our brains have shrank over the years. But when this was at its prime was it able to have effect with so called Chakra powers? its funny cause if you watch Animes such a Naruto everything they say in it about harnessing and releasing chakra seems to be possible if Chakra does in fact exist in our bodies.

www.crystalinks.com...

Another thing people still believe in today is the ability to see with the Pineal Gland and use it as our third eye. being able to see things such as color shapes or images...so possibly what question we are asking they could recieve and answer.

is this all possible if we would just practice this ability?

i dont know alot on the subject on Chakra so if any of you out there seem so have expirienced such things or know more about the subject...please enlighten all of us.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 08:13 PM
link   
There are many sites that claim superhuman or supernatural powers for those who achieve an experience called the Awakening of Kundalini. The Chakras are believed to be stations or paths in the body for Universal Life energy. Most sites show seven Chakras along the spine.

Some sites on martial arts promote the ability to project this energy.

I have been working on a psychology project for about three years. I encountered this belief system in that research.

The beliefs that one can levitate, dematerialize, hear others thoughts and direct their actions through telepathy are a part of both Qi Gong and Kundalini Yoga. In Qi Gong the term is opening the third eye.

No one has ever demonstrated these powers under scientific observation.

Long term users of Qi Gong and Kundalini Yoga have a narrowly focused psychotically altered mental state. They function normally otherwise. Many sites promoting Kundalini Yoga warn of serious mental problems that sometimes happen to those who travel the path of enlightenment.

The explanation is exposure to Subliminal Distraction due to a conflict of physiology related to the vision startle reflex.

When two or more people perform the exercises while engaging an eyes-open meditating state they can subliminally detect movement of those exercising near them.

The phenomenon was discovered when Knowledge workers using the first close-spaced office workstations began having bizarre or psychotic episodes. Those episodes were temporary, resolving with no treatment. The Cubicle solved that problem and Cubicle Level Protection prevents these mental breaks in business offices to this day.

Accidental or deliberate repeated exposure causes the mental break just as it did for those office workers in the 1960's.

The problem allows stimulation of the subconscious from failed vision reflexes.

My site is about the conflict of physiology and there are pages on Kundalini Yoga and Qi Gong.

The bottom line is that those who make the claims are not lying. They believe they can do those things. They teach others that the experience they encounter is a state of higher existence.

The experience is real. But the beliefs are not.

VisionAndPsychosis.Net...

[edit on 13-7-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 10:04 PM
link   
what exactly is you project you've been working on about? trying to answer why these people in offices went crazy?

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 01:32 AM
link   
It started as a search for a problem I remembered from my engineering student days. I couldn't find anything on the Internet about it.

As I searched I began to find other problems that involved activities that would cause a mental break.

I finally realized that no one other than the designers and engineers who build Systems Furniture, Cubicles is aware of this problem. They think Subliminal Distraction only caused a temporary episode that resolves with no treatment.

The first addition to the Project was Dissociative Fugue. I remembered stories I had wondered about. People just suddenly disappear. Sometimes they are found years later with no memory of their past life.

Now I plan to explain what causes Psychotic Mental Illness.

On the Cause of Psychotic Mental Illness page I will use the exposure rates and resulting mental outcomes of Qi Gong and Kundalini Yoga psychotic episodes to construct a model for Schizophrenia.

[edit on 14-7-2005 by L K Tucker]

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 01:32 AM
link   
I deleted a dupe post.

[edit on 14-7-2005 by L K Tucker]

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 02:52 AM
link   
**** trying to find out the cause of Psychotic Mental Illness...you are for sure working hard then im sure...seems like such a hard thing to understand and to find a cause, its seems so random to me to find a certain problem. but i wish you the best of luck and hope you come across an Answer.

****ed censored word

[edit on 14-7-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 08:57 AM
link   
We are made of energy. The chakra is the basic energy pattern/system - very basic.
It's like the 'key hit points' when working with energy. You can't release a chakra - although you can get the energy flowing and release energy.

Walking on water? I find that hard to believe. Palms warming - many can do that. Where focus goes, energy flows. You could do it too.

When you are with a friend and before talking to that friend you ask what's wrong - even thought the friend was 'acting' as if everything is fine... you felt the energy, it was different.

You know how when you are around some people yu are relaxed and clam, others make you nervous or jumpy or cranky - some people you have an instant dislike to etc - it's the energy of that person.

I can't remember your question now. LOL

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Didn't Jesus supposedly walk on water? In Hinduism, there are 8 main siddhis, some of them are actually illustrated in the Matrix trilogy and Star Wars. Siddhis are supernatural powers manifested on the path to enlightenment.

While nobody has been able to demonstrate these powers under scientific observation, I refuse to believe that these powers are imaginary. While some may truly BELIEVE to have these powers and yet do not, I believe there are those who actually HAVE those powers, though they are too few in number. I imagine it would take a great deal of concentration and energy to manifest some of these siddhis like levitating and such, which 99.99999% of the people in this world will be unable to demonstrate unless they've devoted their entire lives to doing it.

EDIT: it is not necessary to quote the post just before yours.

[edit on 18-7-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I won't step on anyone's beliefs. But what do you think would happen if you or I appeared at a hospital emergency room saying we could levitate, dematerialize, walk through solid objects, read other's thoughts and direct their actions through mental telepathy?

We would be held for observation.

Why then if a man with no formal education from India says these things do people like movie stars and rock musicians rush to study and learn from him?

These Yogis do believe this and my memory is that one attempted to demonstrate levitation on a Geraldo program. I have been disabled a long time and during one period of recuperation all I could do was watch TV.

The Yogi claimed it would not work if he was directly observed so a box was constructed for him. The test would be positive if his weight disappeared and only the box weight remained.

He began hopping, Yogic Flying, but the box only slid around the floor.

The point is that he believed he could levitate. My site explains that those beliefs are delusional, psychotic and why/how they are created.

What no one has known before is that the exercise of certain types of Yoga accidentally engage the same conflict of physiology explored on my site. Eyes-open meditation engages the same mental state so that you can/must ignore movement around you. This phenomenon of physiology was discovered because it caused mental breaks for office workers using the first close-spaced workstations. The episodes there were temporary just as sudden onset ones are today. (ICU Psychosis)

So what does this mean. Low but significant levels of exposure over many years produces permanent psychotic states.

Can this be proved; not by direct experimentation, that would be unethical.

The only way to establish a causative relation is through gathering evidence by examining the activities of those who are effected and finding out how they were exposed.

That is what my project has begun to do.

You will find links to books by Yogis that make these claims here:

www.visionandpsychosis.net...

By the way, ...when you explore religious figures examine how many of them exhibited symptoms of mental illness. Then examine the activities they engaged before the spiritual revelation. Would those activities have caused exposure to the phenomenon.

The phenomenon has always been in every human population. It may have established the world's religions.

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by bhagavadgita
Didn't Jesus supposedly walk on water? [edit on 18-7-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

Yes - of course Jesus walked on water. But, in the here and now - we 3D people don't 'walk' on water. We can skim the surface like a car does when hydroplaning, IF you can find someone who can run fast enough. LOL

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I myself have experienced releasing chakra.... Through Qi-gong.

But only for a small amount of time and its not visible just feelable

I broke a big wooden plank to peices with no pure strength but through using Qi-Gong.

Took me about 45 minutes before I actually tried to hit the plank , and when I hit it it broke smoothly

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 05:17 PM
link   

By the way, ...when you explore religious figures examine how many of them exhibited symptoms of mental illness. Then examine the activities they engaged before the spiritual revelation. Would those activities have caused exposure to the phenomenon.

The phenomenon has always been in every human population. It may have established the world's religions.

Wasn't that William James idea? the Pathology of Religion? Very interesting post. I myself have had some yoga related psychotic episodes. Everytime I mention that to New Agers, they assure me that it 'never happens', because yoga is the answer to all of life's problems, and couldn't possibly cause harm. I find that free thinkers can be very 'fundamentalist' when you scratch the surface.

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Just out of interest, though, Goswami Kriyananda, in his "The Temple of Kriya Yoga" gives mantras for each of the chakras: "Om Nama Sivaya" for 1, "Om namo Narayanaya" for 2, "Hai ram, jai ram, jai jai ram" for 3, "Om namo Bhagavate Vasudevay", which he calls the "Mahamantra" for 4, "Om sri Hanuman va Nama" for 5, and "Om Bhur Bhuvah Sva" for 6.

There are plenty of 'meditation' exercises in the book, as well.

[edit on 24-7-2005 by GrandCourtJester]

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   
...all ya gotta do is put your hands together and say, Chakra Kai no Jutsu!!! LOL no.

Not really. I can, er, release chakra.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 12:48 AM
link   
thread starter, you need to see this vid.

youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 05:44 AM
link   
they've labeled me psychotic and shizophrene.

I've been doing meditation for about 4 years now, I did once a reiki I course, and a course remote viewing.

I went the whole road inside, and found myself to be mentally incorrect. As these parts were being healed I grow to be connected with all that is, I believe. Disbelieves being thrown out of the window to only see that which is just and righteouss.

old patterns to be healed, this can cause depression, 'hallucinations', feeling and experiencing things from the past for these experiences to be understanded and transformed.

I saw the whole process as a healing phase, a time for study and for experiencing that which I truly am.

I believe in Krishna, the supernatural, the higher awareness. I am that much in contact with the now that I sense what's troubling people. By being in the moment we can heal people from old destructive mind patterns. To become master of themselves again?.

I'll check out your site for information and how you see psychosis and shizophrenia.

these 'diseases', which is in fact correct, or mental illnesses can lay dormant for a while, when they come up you'll feel a disconnection with the world and experience only the world you feel inside, once to get born into this this phase of reconstructing yourself happens. Don't be down when you experience flaws, be blessed for you can accept them now and change them for tomorrow!

I've been rebuilding myself for two years now, I could say.

old destructive patterns to be transformed, to see the whole true picture.

the veda's try to attain this disconnection with the world to connect with this higher form, this higher awareness. Be disconnected they tell! then Krishna will take you wherever you need to be! It's a road to enlightment, much to be learned in these processes. To be Him.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Releasing Charka, it sound so very far fetched. Of course ever since I watched Naruto I have been quite interested. Though being as young as I am, you people are confusing me with your big words o.o Isn't there a teenage guide to Qi-Gong. or Kundalini.

Also conducting heat, I don't get what that has to do with energy of chakra anyhow. I have the hum radiator, I am always conducting and releasing heat. Does that mean I am releasing chakra. If I focused hard enough I could walk outside and stand on my pool's water?

Chakra is just energy, you can make it flow and sense it. I really don't think (even if that would be wicked cool) you can make it appear at your feet and hang upside form a tree. Frankly if you are a Roman Catholic and you believe "With the faith of a mustard seed you can move mountains" then I think walking on water and all that crazy stuff can simply be done with faith. Then again...I might pick up a book or meditate and release my chakras. Never know >.> Coming from the girl who insists she has ESP. (in which I have taken test for and got a high reading)

My really questions to add here, is can you dumb your explanation doen a bit O.o

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   
in regards to the release of chakra in most people it is always done in a subconscious way that always seems to be unexplainable i have heard stories from my friend that he was able to walk through a bed when he was younger an freaked out the people that were watching him. if this was a display of the personal energy release then the standards of most people have gone down. i am not going to believe that this was a use of chakra but i still it only seams possible when our lives are on the line or we don't think about what we are doing. my own experiences with the release of energy have been unique to say the least. my hands are almost always cold like ice cube cold even in 70 degree weather but if i think hard enough they warm up. another time i told someone to put their hand on my back, after a while she took her hand away because my back was to hot for her to keep her hand there although she was as surprised as me to find out that it was hot only where her hand was. but since then i have not been able to duplicate these phenomenon. people should not be trying to figure out how to release chakra, ki, chi,or inner power they should be figuring out how to control this power and that is why it has not been documented because the people that have been tested lack control as does almost every person on the face of the planet. as a parting note i was diagnosed with ADHD at a young age. since then i have learned several ways to calm my mind and body to the point that i don't need medication. if i can gain that much control over my mind and body then maybe people can learn control through sheer willpower and some day soon we might not be telling these stories, we will be living them. best of luck to those of you that wish for control. NEVER give up or you will fail.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
as was mentioned before but was hardly even discussed, it takes focus and more importantly, an understanding. and its not necessarily the more you focus, then the more chakra or chi or life force or energy gets contributed. you have to have the understanding that your body works from the energy that you tap into when you focus your energy. scientifically speaking releasing energy is entirely possible. once you get too much energy for one particular area the energy would logically try to find another place to go. this occurs more often when you touch something. kinetic energy builds say on your hand and then transfers to an object that otherwise has potential energy. this is the most basic way of releasing energy. but in order to release this energy without touching something would require an overload of energy focused on the smallest part of your body that you can focus to. pretty much its a waste of energy unless you are just training.your focus.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

facinating.

i've recently become aware of myself in this regard.. i have a wicca friend who releases energy. she was inexperienced with it and i couldn't stop shaking. first i was completely drained , then i was laughing hysterically for about a half hour. it was insane. so many years of built up angst and energies, released, was overwhelming. i laid there thinking, what the heck.

and since then, i've practiced the energies, with my hands.. self awareness.. and am trying to master myself and ways via this study. i wish to learn reiki, and related things..

thank you for posting this forum : )

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join