It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Theory explaining shark attacks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Look people! Look at the world around you. I've been hearing and reading nothing but environmental statistics, and there are some very renowned scientists that see significant changes happening to this planet right now, especially the oceans. If indeed the ocean currents are slowing down and about to change from their normal state, isn’t it only logical to assume that ocean food supplies and chains are all kinds of F.U.B.A.R (Fouled up beyond all recognition). If so, then large ocean predators such as sharks are having incredible difficultly in finding what was at one point a constant food supply. This makes way to much sense for people to remain oblivious. It's human eating time for the sharks, because we are predictable near the shoreline, and this is a constant to the sharks. I hate to suspect things, but if we don't get that electrical current shielding on our coastal lines, this is only going to tripple in effect within the next three to five years.

But what should we expect; everyone on this planet is sleeping. We are so unaware as to what we are doing to one another and ourselves. I hope some changes are a coming.

On a little crazier note, some animal psychic lady, can’t recall who, makes mention that the whales and dolphins are realizing that our planet is off tilt so to speak. Apparently these animals communicate with this lady, and her efforts are starting to make an impact. With a little googling you should find the story.

(edit for censors)

[edit on 7/14/2005 by Amorymeltzer]

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Where do sharks live?

In the ocean.

Where do humans live?

On land.

Can sharks access land?

Nope.

Sorry, the answer here seems to be a bit of a no-brainer....

If you choose to swim where the sharks are, your risk of being bitten will rise.

Also - you said googling will find a story...well, it's your post...shouldn't you be the one providing the links to the claims made?

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I'm with tinkleflower here. I do not recommend avoiding the ocean, I'm a huge advocate of swimming. But we kill animals that live where we live. At least the sharks try to eat you most of the time. We're food, and a thread. The only two reasons animals attack.

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Last time I checked sharks would attack people mainly by mistake. To a shark a person floundering about in the water would look A LOT like a seal. Now what are seals to sharks? Food!

It's pretty much as simple as that.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Random shark attack fact from Mythbusters on Shark Week.

Shark Attacks: 15 each year
Death by Falling Coconut: About 150 each year

new topics

top topics

join