It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuclear targets in Britain?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 11:24 AM
link   
RAF Rudloe Manor etc all details on here;

homepage.ntlworld.com...

Rudloe Manor (and many others) are now feature on OS maps and o/h photos

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by zero lift
I obtained this last week via a Freedom of Information request.

Although its not an official Soviet list of UK nuclear targets, it is an official UK Government estimation of a nuclear attack on the UK in the very early sixties.

It is one of two maps included in a 1961 Home Office briefing document produced for those who were to staff the Regional Seats of Government in times of war.

The areas in Black (Red on the colour original) is the Z zone, extremely radioactive areas. Lingering there would have been fatal.

zero lift

Great, I'm screwed.....

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 06:54 PM
link   
This list of UK targets is taken from a 1967 UK Joint Intelligence Committee paper.

It does omit one very important target for security reasons - TURNSTILE - the wartime Central Government Headquarters, located underground at Corsham, North Wiltshire.

This list is taken from Professor Hennessey's book, The Secret State (2002-Allen Lane).

zero lift

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 06:21 AM
link   
I know if i was going to do a nuclear attack on britain id take out Liverpools football ground at anfield....lets see how 'impenertrable' their fortress is then!....then id get chelseas ground and arsenals........

sorry..poor joke.....

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 07:57 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
All the links to potential nuclear targets in Britain are dead.
I've seen the same thing across the internet.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by undercoverchef

I understand completley your concerns. I have wondered about the same thing recently. Something is heading our way for sure! And I for one, don't wanna be left wondering what I could've done, when times of crisis arrive. I have a military background, and I had it instilled in me from an early age, to be prepared for anything, then you wont be disapointed! I think that there are not too many free thinking people out there, who freeley accept everything they are told as truth. When the truth has been for a long time, kept from the masses.
Isn't it time that we stopped being sheeple, and realise that just because there are no bars, it doesn't make it any less of a prison, when you give up your freedom, in the name of security? WAKE UP WORLD, TIME TO ACT!
If anyone wishes to post insults about this comment, then by all means do! But before you condem me as somekind of headcase, do some research first, I did!
To all you out there that wanna survive, best of luck and may god be with you!

Jase

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
ok, in the event of nuclear attack on the UK, the safest thing to do would be stick your head between your legs and kiss your backside goodbye!! seriously though, i have the same paranoia. i heard an air raid siren when i was 6 at school. I had no idea what it was but now i do, it scares me as to what it could have meant!! the best places to avoid are the big military bases. RAF Fyling Dales is a big US radar complex, designed to seek out enemy nukes. then there are the various other bases around the country (RAF Alconbury, Feltwell, Croughton, Lakenheath are US bases. RAF Northwood is NATO and there is a command centre in wiltshire. Navy bases at Davenport, Rosyth, Portsmouth and Faslane. Most of these places carry our key defence weapons and equipment. then there are the major cities, London is the big one to avoid. Then there would be Manchester, Liverpool, Newcastle, Cardiff, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Aberdeen (capitals and coastal) then there would be the industrial centres such as Teeside, Merseyside, Sheffield and the like. Other factors to consider would be the radiation levels would get you in the end, if you survived the initial blast, then there is the fallout and the shattered infrastructure and finally the real kicker, the EMP that destroys all electrical systems! at the end of the day, the whole point of Nuclear exchange is to bring the enemy to their Knees swiftly and surely, with no chance of reprisal (hence american policy and reluctance to disarm BEFORE the Russians). there were calls from Washington in the 60's for Britain to disarm. Washington felt that we owed them big for all their "help" in the 2 world wars. the real reason was they were scared because our own ICBM proved to be faster, more effective and more accurate than their own in testing. In the end they relented, but we had to use their ICBMs. Churchill saw the atomic weapons plans in the early 40's but he said no. The Yanks, however, never ones to look a gift horse in the mouth, welcomed them with open arms! God Bless America!

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
this...

Catterick Garrison is a major Army base located in Northern England. It is the largest British Army garrison in the world with a population of around 12,000, plus a large temporary population of soldiers, and is larger than its older neighbour Catterick (also known locally as Catterick Village). It is said to be the largest army base in Europe

and this... (fylindales balistic missile warning systems(the golf balls) ).
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c9e1ffafa1ea.jpg[/atsimg]

i'm sure both are pretty high on the hit list, i live close to both, yay!
edit on 4-2-2011 by neonitus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by fritz
Undercoverchef, what are you trying to do, conduct a coup de main?

Why should we, on this sceptered and idylic isle, divulge what few secrets we have to a complete stranger?

A good point, not that it matters, considering all this info is available online, but it does seem a tad suspect considering America has just sold us out to the Russians.

Edit: just realised this is an old thread.

edit on 4-2-2011 by mr-lizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by fritz

The reason you won't find it on an OS map is because its part of the Corsham complex, oh and its spelt with an e "Rudloe" maps.google.co.uk...,-2.221448&spn=0.000013,0.009645&sll=51.48931,-0.08819&sspn=0.67211,1.234589&t=h&z=1 7&layer=c&cbll=51.422523,-2.221581&panoid=j9mS9eKzRwE1ySJkHW70RA&cbp=12,171.96,,1,-8.11

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by undercoverchef

Nuclear Power Stations seem high on most peoples lists. I can reassure all of you about the old Magnox reactors.
www.magnoxsites.co.uk...
You'll find plenty of information here describing how the waste in the active waste vaults is being slowly packed into fragile cast iron containers which are to be stored in big aluminium sheds by the sea for up to 150 years. No chance of corrosion or danger from exceptionally high tides, it's all been designed by experts. The reactor buildings will then be left for 90 years or so while the massive and highly radioactive graphite cores become safe enough for decommissioning.
The early prestressed concrete reactor vessels have been found to be much weaker than the nuclear salesmen claimed. The concrete waste vaults are giving cause for concern. All in all there's no need to be concerned about a nuclear strike on these particular sites. In the harsh global economic climate an unfriendly power is more likely to send a squad of men armed with feathers to knock down the reactor buildings while their more sophisticated brothers use high technology like tin snips to gain access to the aluminium sheds.
edit on 1-4-2014 by Kester because: word added

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join