It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuclear targets in Britain?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I will start this by saying sorry... im not sure if this is the correct area to post this question... but i figure that most of you are have an interest in military subjects so...

If Britain was attacked by another nuclear power what would be the most likely targets??

Does anyone have a map of British targets?? Maybe an old cold war map!

I live in Britain and i just want to know where to head to if it did all kick off. Im sure that the major city's would be a target but there is no point heading to the countryside if the location you chose is 5 miles away from a government building that is a target i.e. Nuclear PowerStation, military base, weapons factory etc...

Thanks

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 01:34 PM
link   
depends on wat the person or persons want to destroy. the cities or military bases or both. either way u are doomed!!!!

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 02:00 PM
link   
For the most part, I would probably just steer clear of London (the only place people outside of Britain usually know about)

I've been trying to look this up, but does your weather generally travel from the West to the East? If that is the case, I would consider it a huge bonus, as most of the world would have to think twice before coating Europe and Russia with the fallout.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 02:02 PM
link   
why are you Doomed??? I hear that so often from people... "no point preparing for anything cos everyone will die"

Well im sorry but i dont buy into that... it is in our nature to survive and i would rather give myself a fighting chance rather than walk the streets covered in rags and burns crying.

There are various techniques for surviving fall-out and within a few years things would start getting back to normal.

Believe it of not the whole world will not fry in the event of a nuclear war... that just scare tactics used (very effectivly) by the CND in the 60's 70's and 80's.

Please people... No, "we are all doomed" responses. I just want a list of potential target areas.

And i will not be dragged into an argument on survival rates etc... i just want to no targets.

Thanks

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 02:04 PM
link   
oh... just in case...

Blanketgirl - my last post was not aimed at you... we must have been replying at the same time

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 02:05 PM
link   
then the best way to survive is to stay away from military bases, as well as major cities since politicians and military in general believe that is a country's survival as well as the ability to fight back if a major military base is still standing. im sure major cities be destroyed just to make sure they can never recover and fight back as well. thats the kind of doctrine i see from both sides.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 02:07 PM
link   

For the most part, I would probably just steer clear of London (the only place people outside of Britain usually know about)

I've been trying to look this up, but does your weather generally travel from the West to the East? If that is the case, I would consider it a huge bonus, as most of the world would have to think twice before coating Europe and Russia with the fallout.

I live outside London - Would probably feel the shock wave of a large 30mega ton beast but it is survivable.

Not sure about the weather system, thats a very good point, i will have to look into that. Thanks

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 02:08 PM
link   
they probably wouldnt use a 30mT bomb on London, bit of a waste really.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 02:14 PM
link   

then the best way to survive is to stay away from military bases, as well as major cities since politicians and military in general believe that is a country's survival as well as the ability to fight back if a major military base is still standing. im sure major cities be destroyed just to make sure they can never recover and fight back as well. thats the kind of doctrine i see from both sides.

Yeah i agree, so i guess i need a map of all major installations in order to keep away from them. I figured Millitary bases, Nuclear power stations, Airports, Ports, city's and factories would be major targets.

they probably wouldnt use a 30mT bomb on London, bit of a waste really.

Thats what i'm hoping

I also thought that the best bet would be to head for the south west coast but someone told me that there are a lot of millitary bases in that area.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I'm feeling fairly safe over here in Northern Ireland at the minute, don't think that any major nuclear superpower would consider us a major risk.

On a side note did anyone see Chris Ryan's show on what to do in such events, it seemed all six episodes were the same with the simple message of "Run to the Hills"

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 11:00 PM
link   
All of England, Scotland and Wales could be blown off the map...Such a small landmass could be easily overwhelmed by nukes....

undercoverchef I would move where Deep_Purple says he is at

N.Ireland and Ireland probably would be spared in advent of nuclear war... luck of the Irish I think

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Certainly, this thread should be put on hold immediately. And reviewed for cancellation not soon after.

Dallas

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 06:29 AM
link   

All of England, Scotland and Wales could be blown off the map...Such a small landmass could be easily overwhelmed by nukes....

You don’t know that for sure... Depends on which country attacks (its not just Russia and China with nukes) What if the attack is by a nation with limited nuclear capability?? Say a rogue state with just a few nukes???

Certainly, this thread should be put on hold immediately. And reviewed for cancellation not soon after.

Dallas

Errr??? Why???

Whats that all about?

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Undercoverchef, what are you trying to do, conduct a coup de main?

Why should we, on this sceptered and idylic isle, divulge what few secrets we have to a complete stranger?

And to those of you who want this thread stopped - leave it alone!
Do not let Political Correctness invade these hallowed forums because, I for one, will simply not tolerate such stupidity.

I understand and respect the reasoning behind the request and say this :
I was one of the first to condemn the outrageous, contemptable and cowardly suicide bomb attacks in London.

However, having said that, to ask for the removal of an interesting thread because of the events in London, is just pandering to the terrs and doing what they want us to do - run about like headless chickens.

Back to you Undercoverchef

Hey 'sudden thought', you aint Stacey Reibeck are you? 'Cause if you are, we got some really special guys who could take you on and all that 'Sambo' crap you use, won't save yer arse!

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Oh boy... i think you have all really missed the point...

First, this has nothing to do with the terrorist attacks against London!

I was in London at the time and, although i found the whole thing horrific, i was back at work the next day on the same train i always take. I was born in London and was a child of the 80s... Us Londoners are a tough breed... we had the Nazi's in WW2 bombing London, the IRA in the 70's and 80's and now these lunatics... We are used to looking danger in the eye and getting on with it.

This is regarding a large military attack against Britain and is something i have been considering for a while now.

Second...

Why should we, on this sceptered and idylic isle, divulge what few secrets we have to a complete stranger?

Isn’t everyone on here a complete stranger??? or do you all know each other and i am an outsider???

Every post on here is someone divulging there own secrets... profits of doom, people discussing new military technology, political conspiracies etc...

I remember when i was at school (back in the 80's) and the teacher was discussing what would happen in the event of a nuclear war.... he then went on to show us potential targets on a map... So what i am asking is not for an exact government dossier of secrets... just a rough idea of were to go to avoid contamination and to give me the best chance of survival...

No need to get paranoid about me!

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 07:36 AM
link   
well from a study i have already check england right now or either in the future might be not a nuke target that i m hardly beleive in until this moment,this only my opinion but the worse i think maybe nuke effect will take place in France,Italy,Greece,Yugoslavia but not germany and england

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Hey Undercoverchef - I was only joking - at least about you being Stacey Reibeck [Steven Sagal LOL]

My comment about giving away our most intimate of secrets to strangers so they could plan a coup de main was tongue in cheek.

I honestly though the Political crazies were about to descend on to this site.

I have nothing but the utmost respect for your being in London during the bombing, and your returning to work using the same methods the following day. Good on you mate.

I thought that the mods might close the thread because it may - to some - have seemed a little insensative to mention bombing targets in the UK. Please forgive me if I offended you.

As to actual targets, I live and work on a military site here in deep and darkest Gloucester City. Eight miles along the Golden Valley, we have something called the 'Doughnut', otherwise known as GCHQ. Can't think of a bigger or more prestigious target for anybody to 'have a pop at'.

A small nuclear device left outside the perimiter would do it and we the taxpayers would be short of another £875M.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 05:49 PM
link   
hey why would greece be a target.we didnt do nutten lol,leave us be! o and we will stop any threat muhahaha!

[edit on 14-7-2005 by mikem2939]

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Stay away from Selafield or something, more chanch getting radition from a powerstation blowing up. If it happed in london, jump in the Themes or go underground. But the uderground would get too hot and you would have to get out eventually, use the trains if they still work. Move to Scotland just to be sure it never happens in your lifetime. But it also depends on the size of the Bomb, do they have to be big to make Hiroshima size blasts? Suitcase bombs maybe size, how powerful can they be too.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 06:04 PM
link   
(Fellow Brit here - who used to live about ooooooooh a mile from a nuclear power plant. And we wondered why there's such an increase in cancer cases there
)

Go here

Scroll down - most sites are listed there, and you'd be able to Google or mapquest the locations.

This info is public domain - it's not exactly a state secret...it's a smidge over the top to start being paranoid about boardmembers asking for information, non?

Edit: I rock. I found this

[edit on 14-7-2005 by Tinkleflower]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join