It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK kids beat Muslim to death....

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK

Mod Edit: Sorry, no need to link to a white supremist scum site like that.

[edit on 13-7-2005 by ZeddicusZulZorander]

Damned I'm sorry, I should have looked at that site a little harder.
I was in a hurry and that was the first one I found that mentioned the immigrant
percentage in the population.
Didn't mean to advertise right wing fascist crap...
I'm glad you caught before it was too late.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by WissNX01

He want a Muslim, though. Good for those kids, fighting terror at home!

No wonder you're banned. Disgusting attitude.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 06:04 PM
link   
It seems to me that there is still a subconscious tendency to correlate ideology, culture and religion with race. This has precisely the opposite effect to preventing racially-motivated prejudices, making not only ordinary Muslims potential victims of reaction but also many non-Muslims as a side-effect. In this century, I believe there will be an accelerated decorrelation between race and culture/ideology because of increased globalisation and, significantly, the Internet. Thinking along racial lines, however unconsciously or subtly, not only inadvertently compounds unfounded racial assumptions and hurts more innocents, but also results in a reactionary mentality that prevents us from taking steps to solve what is a serious threat to our society at present.

It is necessary to stop thinking of Islamist terrorism as a “racially sensitive” issue because it is precisely not a racial issue except in the minds of the deluded and those stuck in obsolete ways of thinking. Islamist fundamentalism should be recognised for what it is – a very extreme, essentially racially-agnostic ideology (though with a distinct Arab bias) within a more general ideology. In principle, we could see a future where "white" converts are brainwashed into fanaticism. Incidentally, the current focus on encouraging the moderate section of the Muslim community to take a pro-active role in fighting extremism is the correct one and long, long overdue, but as has been suggested the Government must also play a strong role. The problem with Islamist extremism, globally, will not disappear easily and in my opinion it will likely take significant, perhaps costly measures to eradicate it (or at least minimise it).

I do not believe that multiculturalism is simply an option for the future, I believe it is a necessity.
The direct sharing of ideas, experiences and perceptions between different but mutually-respecting cultures aids the growth of all and since technology has “shrunk” the world so to speak, it is the only option other than isolationism, constant cultural friction and eventual stagnation. The fact that one specific ideology (or ideology within an ideology) does not wish to share the world is by no means whatsoever a bad reflection on the concept of multiculturalism. The world has many cultures which are very, very different from one another – and as is demonstrated in all religions, there can be significant variation within a commonly recognised “single ideology”.

More pragmatically, the world is truly heading towards a global community and for any kind of stability it will be necessary to drop utterly irrelevant and fundamentally damaging associations with race, no matter how subtle, and focus on the only things that matter in influencing that stability – ideologies and the interactions between them.

Making this cognitive shift will expedite the dissolution of archaic racially-influenced thought processes which only hinder the unity of humanity and facilitate a future global environment where all cultures can grow together, different to facilitate variety and experiential growth, but still unified as humans.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc

I just want to make a comment, its going to ruffle some feathers and certainly open a can of worms but here it goes: I want to point out that not one Muslim was murdered in the USA in a hate crime following 9/11.

Why do I make this point? Because its true, and because the USA is a great deal more tolerant than we get credit for.

Also, a great deal more ignorant.... At least in the UK they know what a muslim looks like... In the US, several Sikhs were attacked and some murdered because locals confused them for Muslims. Way to use statistics to skew the facts!

EDIT: just noticed someone else made the same point... well, it bears repeating..

-koji K.

[edit on 15-7-2005 by koji_K]

[edit on 15-7-2005 by koji_K]

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Can I just make an observation please...I don't recall any instances where a law abiding muslim has turned in or reported another muslim (extremist) for spitting anti- western hate and treasonous agendas. Please prove me wrong on this but if these guys are preaching this stuff in mosques, then why haven't these "disgusted" muslims reported such occurances to better help us capture them before they attack. Seriously though, they must look for someone to recruit by talking to a mass of people and picking the ones who seem interested in their radical beliefs?? Am I totally off here? Im not being racist or anything, im just writing out what I have been pondering.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 09:30 PM
link   
How do you think you we get any of the intel we use in the war on terror?
Do you think we just walk into a mosque at random and snag terrorists?
The moderate muslims walk into the wrong mosque hear the wackos preaching hate, leave, and then call the FBI to say "hey you guys should hear what they're talking about in the mosque on Mulberry street".

<< 1  2  3   >>

join